Your Music!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what the I dont even...
    Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 08-01-2009, 05:47 PM.

Comment

if it wasn't stupid before it's retarded now, kevstah you're assuming plain and simple and you know what happens when people assume right?

And Dernez, just let it go cus clearly this is a never ending thing as neither side will see what the other is saying

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackMamba View Post
        if it wasn't stupid before it's retarded now, kevstah you're assuming plain and simple and you know what happens when people assume right?

And Dernez, just let it go cus clearly this is a never ending thing as neither side will see what the other is saying
        No I saw what he was saying...I just dont like people coming to conclusions about me based on....well nothing

Comment

let him assume then and be the bigger man and walking away from it

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
            He got the jist of what it said he was just trying to clever about it like most self righteous rock / metal fans do including yourself now he apologized as soon I came breathing down his neck about it.
            Once again "I don't listen to mainstream rap anyway everything since 1997 has for the most part sucked nobody cares about the struggle anymore".
            I didn't apologise, i corrected you for assuming i was a narrow minded rock/metal fan. That's the opposite of apologising.

Can you really blame me for not understanding what the hell "His pen is still the hardest pen I’ve witnessed in a long time" is all about? He has a hard pen? Cool... I'm not sure i understand what use anyone would have with a soft pen, but alright. That's fine, you can claim it is metaphorical all you like but i still find it funny, absurd and confusing.

Also, the reason i went "quiet" (as you say) is because... Well, i was out at work. I don't live or breathe on the internet, and i certainly don't oblige petty and unfounded greviances fuelled by paranoia. I'm only doing so now because you're still dwelling on it, accusing me of being self righteous.

Anyway, let's not ruin this thread with stupid bickering. It's a nice thread for people to post their music and creativity. There's a lot of good music here, keep it up peeps

Comment

I never figured even this thread would turn into a bicker-fest. C'mon, guys!

[EDIT]Oh... I didn't realize Gideon Quinn already said that...
              Last edited by Dan Corson; 08-01-2009, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Hip hop was good back when it had meaning. All this shit "rapping" about shoes, how many "bitches" (aka STDs) you have, and how you have so many problems but at the same time don't care because you're living in Beverly Hills is nothing but mainstream trash. That's what I loved about my Rock History class...we got to study the early roots of hip hop and the whole social constructs of it. Sadly, most of the good stuff today is overshadowed by bad music, and that applies to many music genres in general, not just rap.
                sigpic
                Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I must admit, I can't stand most rappers/R&B artists, but most of the ones I hear are the main stream ones. The ones singing about how awesome they are because they're black, how women are there entirely to service there dick, how awesome they are for doing and selling drugs...you know the ones.

I have a special place in my black and deviant heart for 50 Cents (who, in his brilliance, rhymes 'Jus' a lil bit' with, of course, 'Jus' a lil bit') and Akon, the guy who has the two of the whingiest songs I've ever heard...I mean, who would send a drug dealer to prison? It's so unfair to do that! And, of course, even though nothing is his fault at all, ever, you can blame everything on him...

Arghhhh!

The few times I sing, and I do sing on occasion, it tends to be heavy metal or dance music. The song I sing most often, though, is 'Love Will Come Through' by Travis. And the odd song written by friends.

Comment

what metal bands you listen to DM?

Comment

Whatever comes my way. Slayer, Metallica, whatever so long as I enjoy the song. I usually don't like every song a band sings...the exception being Within Temptation. Everything Within Temptation does is awesome.

Comment

lol i seen slayer a week and a half ago.

Metallica's old stuff was good but after "And Justice For All..." their albums went to shit imo.

Within Temptation is pretty good my friend likes them alot more than I do.

Recently ive been listening to All That Remains,Killswitch Engage,As I Lay Dying and one of my new favorite deathcore bands

Suicide Silence
                        SUICIDE SILENCE - Unanswered (OFFICIAL VIDEO). Taken from the album "The Cleansing", Century Media 2007. NEW ALBUM 'The Black Crown' is OUT NOW! Purchase at ...

Comment

I'm not really used to hiphop/rap because in Mexico it isn't that popular. I guess it's a form of expression, I can't really say it is music in a whole sense.

However, I respect the fact that it had a great influence in how music is elaborated today...

I once heard a phrase that has become my motto about music:

"There is not good or bad music, just different tastes".

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by zomBD View Post
                            I once heard a phrase that has become my motto about music:

"There is not good or bad music, just different tastes".
                            Here's the motto that stuck with me

"to listen to only one type of music all your life is to know only one side of yourself..."

Comment

Originally posted by Gideon Quinn View Post
                              I didn't apologise, i corrected you for assuming i was a narrow minded rock/metal fan. That's the opposite of apologising.

Can you really blame me for not understanding what the hell "His pen is still the hardest pen I’ve witnessed in a long time" is all about? He has a hard pen? Cool... I'm not sure i understand what use anyone would have with a soft pen, but alright. That's fine, you can claim it is metaphorical all you like but i still find it funny, absurd and confusing.

Also, the reason i went "quiet" (as you say) is because... Well, i was out at work. I don't live or breathe on the internet, and i certainly don't oblige petty and unfounded greviances fuelled by paranoia. I'm only doing so now because you're still dwelling on it, accusing me of being self righteous.

Anyway, let's not ruin this thread with stupid bickering. It's a nice thread for people to post their music and creativity. There's a lot of good music here, keep it up peeps
                              What's so hard to understand about that? it's obvious what he means as your already stated it's "metaphorical" meaning, what do you have against him using metaphors? I've heard many a rock / metal song use them in fact I can't think of one that doesn't, how come rap isn't allowed to use them too?
                              His pen is the hardest it's been in long while aka writing down meaningful lyrics on a piece of paper using a pen where as some of his previous works have had a soft pen aka writing down less meaningful lyrics on a piece of paper that no one interested in decent rap particularly cares for ie: gangbanging the typical rap crap etc in other words he is saying Dr Dre has gone back to his roots.
                              It doesn't take a genius to work out when you have more spirit and meaning in your lyrics you write them down as fast as possible ie: pushing pen to paper harder because the creatively is spewing out of you.
                              This is last i'm gonna say on the matter.
                              Last edited by kevstah2004; 08-02-2009, 09:59 AM.
                              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Anyone who looks down on rap/hip-hop these days need to listen to Eminem's new album. I'm not the biggest rap fan whatsoever, and I'm even less of an Eminem fan, but that album is pretty incredible. You never know when he's bullshitting or saying things just to get attention(i.e. making fun of Christopher Reeve) but some of his lyrics are absolutely batshit-insane genius.

Comment

Working...
                                X