No announcement yet.

John Hughes is dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was that way with MJ but once your favorite celebs dies you start to appreciate their work alot more.It doesnt matter if you know them personally or not TBC actually tought me not to judge people by what they wear and who they hang out with.
    Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 08-08-2009, 03:01 AM. Reason: harry:are they yours? girl:yeah. Harry:both of them? girl:yeah harry:COOL

Comment

Desensitized is a good way to put it, I guess. People die every day, so I see why some people couldn't care less when it's a celebrity. Soldiers are getting blown away every day, people are murdered, people die in drunk driving accidents(like a 19 year old girl I went to high school with, died last week).

But, there will always be people who care when someone passes away. Well, most of the time.
      Last edited by Vector; 08-08-2009, 11:00 AM.

Comment

16 candles is in my top 5 fave movies. He will be missed for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
          Desensitized is a good way to put it, I guess. People die every day, so I see why some people couldn't care less when it's a celebrity. Soldiers are getting blown away every day, people are murdered, people die in drunk driving accidents(like a 19 year old girl I went to high school with, died last week).

But, there will always be people who care when someone passes away. Well, most of the time.
          Completely agree. I don't care who directed films I like. The only famous death that did bother me was Michael Jackson, and that wasn't because he was famous, it was because I genuinely think he was such a kind man and all his life he was torn apart by the media, and it hit a soft spot for me because he always forgave them, even when police locked him in a toilet for 45 minutes and (literally) threw faeces at him and asked him if he enjoyed the smell. >.>

To people I don't know intimately though, it doesn't really bother me that much. Like you CR29, in 2007, 3 people I knew from school went out on a boozer and got mangled to death when they drove head on into a lorry. I didn't really know them personally though so it didn't bother me. Same for this guy and the other recent famous deaths. I would only be upset if I knew the person properly or I was a crazy fan of someone famous.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
            Completely agree. I don't care who directed films I like.
            I hate when people say this. Directors never get the credit they deserve. You know what, fuck the actors in the movies, the directors diverse every bit of credit a whole bunch more. Yet they rarely get any press when they die. But when an actor dies. Oh Noez! Everyone must mourn! It's plastered all over the news for weeks. I didn't even see John Hughes Death announced on the news.

The director made the whole film, without him/her there would be no film.

You guys are just way to desensitized and it's sickening. All of you. Grow a soul.

Comment

I don't think that people really care for the celebrity when they die I think they care about the work they have done, and the work that will never be. I remember when Heath Ledger died I was especially sad because I knew he wouldn't be in movies anymore. Same with Michael Jackson, no one will ever be able to see his future music. Thats why I think its a shame John Hughes died. We wont be able to see anymore of his work, but at least we will be able to appreciate his work even more now.

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                I hate when people say this. Directors never get the credit they deserve. You know what, fuck the actors in the movies, the directors diverse every bit of credit a whole bunch more. Yet they rarely get any press when they die. But when an actor dies. Oh Noez! Everyone must mourn! It's plastered all over the news for weeks. I didn't even see John Hughes Death announced on the news.

The director made the whole film, without him/her there would be no film.

You guys are just way to desensitized and it's sickening. All of you. Grow a soul.
                So now we don't have a soul because we aren't mourning when some director we've never even heard of dies? Why should I mourn a person I don't know? I don't even like any of his films. Michael Jackson was a living legend, but that wasn't the reason I was sad for his passing.

I'm sure the directors get sufficient "credit" in their paycheck. Their job is to direct and provide entertainment. Same as I don't care who produces music I like, as long as I like the song, and I don't believe for one minute that everytime you watch a film or listen to a song that you research the director/producer so you can "appreciate" them properly. And that makes you a hypocrite.

If you're that upset about this guy passing to the point where you're telling other people to "grow a soul" because they're not interested (because they didn't know him and you didn't either), I dread to think how you'd behave if someone you actually KNEW passed on.
                Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 08-09-2009, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Whats disrespectful is that MJ hasn't even been buried yet and they still make money through his corpse when people wanna see the coffin! California states that the dead cannot be buried outside the cemetery but The jackson family wanted him buried in neverland ranch where he lives so they're trying to change california law to change that!

Comment

So now we don't have a soul because we aren't mourning when some director we've never even heard of dies? Why should I mourn a person I don't know? I don't even like any of his films. Michael Jackson was a living legend, but that wasn't the reason I was sad for his passing.
                    So you don't even feel just a little tinge of sadness that a great human life has passed? It's just meh to you is it?

I'm sure the directors get sufficient "credit" in their paycheck. Their job is to direct and provide entertainment. Same as I don't care who produces music I like, as long as I like the song, and I don't believe for one minute that everytime you watch a film or listen to a song that you research the director/producer so you can "appreciate" them properly. And that makes you a hypocrite.
                    Well actually, I can say truthfully, that I do research the director of just about every film I watch. Or at least look for the name in the end credits. Why? Because I wanna be a director. And I usually look them up and research them and learn from their techniques if I liked there film. Just like most people are fascinated with actors. I am fascinated with directors.

Also I'm sure that, like everyone, a director would want fans to show there appreciation. If someone is putting there everything into creating a magnificent work of art. They are not doing it for the money.

If you're that upset about this guy passing to the point where you're telling other people to "grow a soul" because they're not interested (because they didn't know him and you didn't either), I dread to think how you'd behave if someone you actually KNEW passed on.
                    I'm not whimpering like a baby. I'm just feel the emotion of sadness, that such a great artistic mind as now passed from this world. But some people don't seem to care less.

Comment

So you don't even feel just a little tinge of sadness that a great human life has passed? It's just meh to you is it?
                      Yeah, actually. Why should I feel different about this person, any different to the other hundreds of people who die all over the world, daily? Just because this person directed films, that automatically means he is more important than those people, does it?

Movies are an entertainment business and directors make films to entertain. I can hardly think of any recent movie which qualifies as a "work of art". They're no different to music producers, TV show producers, etc. Making something to entertain an audience.

I'm not whimpering like a baby. I'm just feel the emotion of sadness, that such a great artistic mind as now passed from this world. But some people don't seem to care less.
                      No, I don't. As I said before, people die on a daily basis. Good people. Just because someone is artistic doesn't automatically mean everyone should be sad for their passing, even though we don't know them. What about the person who discovered DNA? What about scientific minds? What about the ordinary people who work hard to feed their families? What about children who die of starvation and disease in Africa? Forget them. They're not artistic enough.

Comment

Yeah, actually. Why should I feel different about this person, any different to the other hundreds of people who die all over the world, daily? Just because this person directed films, that automatically means he is more important than those people, does it?

Movies are an entertainment business and directors make films to entertain. I can hardly think of any recent movie which qualifies as a "work of art". They're no different to music producers, TV show producers, etc. Making something to entertain an audience.

No, I don't. As I said before, people die on a daily basis. Good people. Just because someone is artistic doesn't automatically mean everyone should be sad for their passing, even though we don't know them. What about the person who discovered DNA? What about scientific minds? What about the ordinary people who work hard to feed their families? What about children who die of starvation and disease in Africa? Forget them. They're not artistic enough.
                        You know. Just cause I didn't mention Scientists and other people. Doesn't mean I don't care about them. But this thread was about a Film Director who recently died. I think a scientist and other great people deserve just as much credit as everyone else. But not, they are also overshadowed by actors. Everyone is overshadow my actors. What on earth is so special about an actor that makes them better than other people?

I know people die every day. But I can't feel sad, if I an unaware of their death, it's not even reported in the news or on TV. I don't go all emo, I just go how sad, and feel a little pain. A human trait. But no, only actors deaths are cared about now days.

And John Hughes movies were in the 80's. So there not exactly recent.

Comment

Who said only actors are cared about? No one mentioned that but you.

And once again, my point has gone completely over your head. It's not about "credit" or whatever someone did in life. At the end of the day, people are equal no matter what they do. Just because this guy made films is no reason for me or anyone else to mourn him. People die everyday, but unless we know these people intimately, why mourn them? Death is a part of life and a part of life we have to accept. Nothing will change it. There's a difference between appreciating someone's work after their passing, and mourning them and telling other people they're "sickening" for not doing so. That is extreme, at best. The only people who should be mourning are his family and friends.
                          Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 08-09-2009, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Wow, ease up on the arguing, someone call a moderator!!!! :p.

_________

Anyway, studied 80's American movies especially John Hughes for a semester while at uni.
                            In particular enjoyed Planes, Trains and Automobiles and Ferris Buellers Day off, and remember watching Uncle Buck while growing up as it was shown on terrestrial tv alot.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

great song i have it on my ipod.

Comment

Working...
                                X