Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alien and Predator Saga Discussion Topic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALIENS and Alien³ are my faves, not just out of those listed but I would have to say fave films ever.

I've always said ALIENS was my fave but after seeing the Assembly Cut of Alien³ and how troubled the production was for that film, it was a real eye opener. I really just can't explain it but I have a real passion for Alien³ now I've seen it as it was meant to be seen and the film only seems to get better and better with every watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
      Yeah, we know Alien is epic and Aliens and Predator are also epic, but Im giving my vote for Danny Glover and Predator 2. It has exceptionally memorable characters and people had really human flare, its like people enjoyed their jobs. Even the government goons were sparky. It had some cheese and some cringeworthy "dont do that man!" moments, but the ending was epic and noone can deny that.
      Yeah I did like Predator 2. It's a bit underrated. But it's jsut not as good as Predator 1 I don't think.

I'm not sure about Predator 3 though. It doesn't sound like a Predator film at all. Plot follows a bunch of humans that land on the Predator homeworld. Doesn't sound all to good. Since a small group of humans VS a planet full of Predators just seems weird. But maybe they are gonna follow the overwhelming scary type of story. Not sure. It just seems different.

Also has anyone here played that Predator Concrete Jungle PS2 game? I saw it today in a games store. I was wondering if it was any good. I heard it's canon and is set in the 1920's.

Originally posted by Vixtro View Post
      ALIENS and Alien³ are my faves, not just out of those listed but I would have to say fave films ever.

I've always said ALIENS was my fave but after seeing the Assembly Cut of Alien³ and how troubled the production was for that film, it was a real eye opener. I really just can't explain it but I have a real passion for Alien³ now I've seen it as it was meant to be seen and the film only seems to get better and better with every watch.
      I really wanna see that Assembly cut now. But didn't James Cameron have a lot of trouble making Aliens as well. He had a few disagreements with cast and crew members right?

Comment

Well, I just watched Alien: Resurrection on TV again.

I don't think I'll EVER enjoy that movie.

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
          I really wanna see that Assembly cut now. But didn't James Cameron have a lot of trouble making Aliens as well. He had a few disagreements with cast and crew members right?
          Yeah there were a few problems on the set with ALIENS but not on the scale of Alien³.

I think the biggest problems were:

The English set designers, they did a great job on making the sets but they were pretty laid back in their approach and messed about a bit which angered James Cameron and some of the actors (most notably Lance Henriksen) because they were working under a tight deadline.

The original lighting director (can't remember his name) was not lighting it how Cameron wanted it but instead doing it his own way which was completely wrong to how Cameron envisioned it so he got fired and replaced with some hassle.

Lastly James Horner who did the musical score for the film was given very little time to write and compose the score all the while the film was still in editing so he had to keep changing up the score to match the scenes in the film.
          Last edited by Vixtro; 08-30-2009, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Im not sure if this has been brought up yet but I heared that Ridley Scott is planing on makeing Predator 3 and a prequel to Alien.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
              Im not sure if this has been brought up yet but I heared that Ridley Scott is planing on makeing Predator 3 and a prequel to Alien.
              I'm not sure about the Predator thing but Riddley Scott confirmed that he is going to direct the new Alien flick.
              sigpic

Comment

^ Well it's good to hear that he's makeing a new Alien film I think it is safe to say the film has a change to be good.

Comment

Let's hope so because Ridley's latest films were dissapointing.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X