Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you listening to now/your music taste?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by alexdz View Post
    Megadeth's new album, TH1RT3EN. Good stuff, not as good as their last one, Endgame, but still good.
    I thought it had a few decent tracks (towards the end of the album), but otherwise was pretty average. They've been kinda average for a while now, in my opinion. I liked some of The System Has Failed, but nothing else they've done in the new millennium has caught my attention. They lost a lot of my interest, though, back when Friedman and Menza left the band. Now it seems it's just Mustaine and rent-a-musicians. At least Ellefson is back, though.

Anyway...

Last edited by Det. Beauregard; 11-08-2011, 05:42 PM.
    Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
      I thought it had a few decent tracks (towards the end of the album), but otherwise was pretty average. They've been kinda average for a while now, in my opinion. I liked some of The System Has Failed, but nothing else they've done in the new millennium has caught my attention. They lost a lot of my interest, though, back when Friedman and Menza left the band. Now it seems it's just Mustaine and rent-a-musicians. At least Ellefson is back, though.
      I like to think that Mustaine keeps doing music just to spite other people, like "You don't like me? Fuck you, I'll go on until I die".

Comment

• I wish that Rob Dougan would finally release that album he's been working on for so long.

I still think that Speed Me Towards Death would make a good Bond song.
        Last edited by Enetirnel; 11-08-2011, 07:08 PM.
        sigpic
        Non-blurry Signature Version
        Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• Jurassic Park. Hell yeah.
          Fission mailed.

Comment

• And the irony just hit me that in the games, they called Alice's sister Elizabeth - Lizzie. Which is what I called one of my dogs.

Haha, oh boy.
            sigpic

Comment

• Fission mailed.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                I like to think that Mustaine keeps doing music just to spite other people, like "You don't like me? Fuck you, I'll go on until I die".
                Part of me respects him for that, but it seems that the well has run dry of inspiration. About a fourth of his new album is recycled B-side tracks from over the years! I believe he needs to go back and write more intricate tracks, like the ones on RIP and Countdown. The last few albums just feel very bare-bones and simplistic, which isn't the Megadeth I love.

Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                  Part of me respects him for that, but it seems that the well has run dry of inspiration. About a fourth of his new album is recycled B-side tracks from over the years! I believe he needs to go back and write more intricate tracks, like the ones on RIP and Countdown. The last few albums just feel very bare-bones and simplistic, which isn't the Megadeth I love.
                  To be fair Millenium of the Blind and New World Order were demos from Countdown, so it was cool that they re-recorded them. But Black Swan was totally unnecessary, I think Mustaine just wanted to have 13 tracks on the album.

Comment

• Fission mailed.

Comment

• In other words, "Walking Through the Night" from the Clock Tower 3 Original Soundtrack.
                      Last edited by Enetirnel; 11-13-2011, 10:06 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Oh, Seal. I do love you so...

Comment

• Listening to this as I'm trying to get the various songs used in the Blue Lagoon club in Heavy Rain out of my head.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post

Listening to this as I'm trying to get the various songs used in the Blue Lagoon club in Heavy Rain out of my head.

So good.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Last edited by Ununoctium; 11-16-2011, 12:41 PM.
                              Fission mailed.

Comment

• Originally posted by aris13 View Post

So good.
                                Nice, I've been trying to get this one out of my head...

Though, at the moment I'm currently listening to the Clock Tower 2 Drama CD. I swear one of the in-game songs used in it sounds like one of the beta variations I had ripped from one of the demos.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X