The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day

10 years after the original cult classic The Boondock Saints, the trailer for The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day was unveiled this week at PAX and will release on October 30th.

Most important characters return, including the main characters Connor MacManus(Sean Patrick Flanery, who I must say has not aged well whatsoever) Murphy MacManus(Norman Reedus) and Noah 'Il Duce' MacManus(Billy Connolly). Detectives Greenly, Duffy and Dolly are also back...but with one large, gaping hole: no FBI Agent Paul Smecker(Willem Dafoe). Smecker was quite possibly more important than the brothers in the original movie, and his absence is extremely noticeable in the trailer.

IMDB also lists David Della Rocco returning as Rocco in the film, which is truly great. Roc was another pivotal part of the original and it'll be interesting to see what he's up to in the sequel. If you watch closely in the trailer, I think you can see him...but pay attention.

Other notables include Dexter's Julie Benz as Special Agent Eunice Bloom(Smecker's 'protege'?) and Judd Nelson as Concezio Yakavetta, son of the mob boss who Spoiler:
    and Clifton Collins Jr. who plays Romeo, who seems to be a new recruit of the Saints.

The plot synopsis is detailed(a bit too much) in this interview with Director Troy Duffy:
    The latest movie and television news, reviews, film trailers, exclusive interviews, and opinions - since 2005.

In short, the MacManus brothers retire to Ireland for quite a while, living in seclusion. But one day, a priest is murdered in cold blood back in Boston, and the Saints are sprung back into action to clean the scum off of the streets.

Overall, I'm really fucking excited. At the same time, I'm trying to keep my expectations in check. Following up on the original is gonna be very, very tough. The original is easily one of my favorite movies of all-time, and it's hard not to be excited for this film. The trailer looks sick, and it'll be great to see the Saints popping caps in the asses of evil mother fuckers once again.
    Last edited by Vector; 09-05-2009, 05:09 PM.

Don't know if I want....I loved the first movie, but usually when I enjoy a movie, the sequel sucks. I'll definitely see it though.
    Last edited by Bertha; 09-05-2009, 05:36 PM.
    sigpic
    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I love the original movie, but I'm worried about the sequel. The first movie doesn't really need a sequel and I'm afraid that it will be just another action-packed sequel without an essence. But oh well, we will see...
      However, no Dafoe is a big bummer; he was great in the first movie and I can agree with you that he was even more important than brothers.
      Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 09-05-2009, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Yeah, this is a movie that didn't really need a sequel...but then again, just what have Troy Duffy, Norman Reedus, Sean Patrick Flanery and co. been doing these past 10 years? Oh, that's right...DICK. So, I can see why they made it.
        Last edited by Vector; 09-05-2009, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Now that you've mentioned it, according to IMDB Duffy hasn't written anything since "The Boondock Saints"
          Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 09-05-2009, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
            Now that you've mentioned it, according to IMDB Duffy hasn't written anything since "The Boondock Saints"
            Uhh, not surprising. He was a one-hit wonder as a writer/director, and he's releasing a sequel TEN years later. I dunno if there's been a request for it from the fans or what(I know I didn't) but a decade later, here we are again.

They've been working on BdS2 for a while now...and it's pretty crazy that they've kept it this quiet for so long. The movie is coming out at the end of next month and they just released the trailer now. I find that impressive.

Comment

Troy Duffy is something of an "eccentric" in the film industry. There's a documentary I've yet to see about the making of the Boondock Saints, but since I haven't even seen the film in question the documentary can wait until after. I think what it all boils down to is that Duffy's uncompromising and I wouldn't expect he has a great relationship with studios/execs.

Comment

I loved Willem Dafoe, it just won't be the same. "I like cream cheese with my bagel"
                "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Wow so the are going to come out with this movie. I remember seeing on IMDB that they were making this movie years ago and then they removed it and never heard a thing. The first one is a great movie and whether this movie is good or not, it original will still be a cult classic.

Comment

Poster.

sigpic

Comment

Do want. Boondock Saints was the inspiration for one of my characters - his attitude, mannerisms, that sort of thing. This.. could be really, really schweet if done right.

Comment

Watch the first 5 minutes of the film.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks aris13. I can't wait to see this movie.

Comment

So yeah...this movie will be about praying, shooting, and racial overtones.

The first one is a pretty decent flick - I especially liked the scene with the cat - but did it really warrant a sequel? I'll wait for the DVD.

Comment

I was surprised to see this sequel pop out of nowhere and after the first movie,I am hoping this one doesn't have an impending bomb.

Comment

Working...
                              X