Just floating an idea out there...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just floating an idea out there...

So reading through the Halo: ODST thread on here yesterday i had some silly little idea. Thinking about starting up some sort of "league" between Biohaze and THIA, where we basically setup games with eachother across a bunch of games against eachother. Not playing for anything, just for the fun of it!

Thinking of games like, but not limited to Halo, Call Of Duty, Capcom v Marvel 2, Street Fighter 4, Left 4 Dead and Gears Of War. We can a wide range of games, from one on one, to however many we can fit. Singles matches, tag matches, anything we can manage!

So it's early stages of planning so far, but who would be interested in such an idea? I'll obviously be looking at help running things. I'm already thinking of starting a website to get the idea up and running so we have one central location to matchmake. But yeah, any ideas, be them how to arrange games, games we can play etc, post them here.

Would love to hear some thoughts!

And it'll cover the 360, PS3 and Wii, but obviously we can cater for the PC crowd if needs be!

I'd be down to help you out, I think it seems like a cool idea...Team THIA and Team Biohaze lol.
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

It depends heavily on the maturity levels of the communities. In the worst case scenario, youll be dealing with trolls causing problems on both sites, haha.

Try to organize something "bigger" at first, for example- 5 v 5 COD4 S&D game (I can help with a ruleset), although a sort of "scorerace" for RE5 would work aswell. Im definitely interested in seeing this developed.

Comment

Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
        It depends heavily on the maturity levels of the communities. In the worst case scenario, youll be dealing with trolls causing problems on both sites, haha.
        Thinking invite only. If people want in, they drop any of the guys in charge a private message, or we get in touch with an invite directly.

Once we've got a few more names down, i'll start putting something in motion.

Comment

I'm totally game! This would be a whole lot of fun, I think.

Comment

Sounds worth investigating further, count me interested.

Comment

Fantastisch. Think that's six or seven people interested already so it's a good start!

Comment

Yea it is, time to "represent" lol.
                "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

Count me in. GAME ON!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Mmm, I'll be the THIA whipping boy. While I'm decent at MvsC2, I usually suck at CoD4.

I can't wait for Perfect Dark to come out though.

Comment

Don't worry, i'm quite sure i'll get slaughtered at whatever i try my hand at!

Things look good so far, already got six people from each site interested!

Biohaze
                      Yama, U.B.C.S.Iron, V_rated
                      king of all he meows, FoxyAreku, Big Stu

THIA
                      REmaster, Member_of_STARS, Canas Renvall
                      ganado, aris13, GuardhouseMusic

Still thinking there's three or four more people from each site yet to come forward as well. It's a promising start. Was looking up website hosting this afternoon as well, so i'll hopefully be able to start that up shortly!

Comment

Cool man this is getting exciting. I'm not to familiar with halo games and what not, but I'm pretty damn good at COD 4, 5, etc.

Comment

Now that I think about it I should probably get a used copy of COD5. I enjoy nazi zombies and the online multiplayer. Using some of the period guns (and molotov cocktails ) is fun.

Comment

If your still looking for people, I could play for either side. I have accounts on both, if you need to even em out.

Comment

Yeah that sounds good dude, your choice

So, i'm happy with the amount of interest shown so far, so i'm going to press ahead with things this week. Going to start up a website this week, this'll be used as a central "hub" for the matchmaking and discussions. The site will come with all the usual connectivity such as RSS feeds, messageboard (accessible via invite only, which'll be sent to those who express an interest), Twitter feed etc.

Only thing i need help with is the name haha! If anyone wants to come up with a suggestion, then feel free to let me know!

Comment

Working...
                              X