Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) TRAILER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
    Ehh, it looks ok I guess. The story is a little different from the original, so it looks somewhat interesting. It's nice seeing little things from the original such as Freddy coming out of the wall, other than that nothing else really impressed me much. I thought the last part of the trailer was hilarious though.
    Last edited by CODE_umb87; 02-25-2010, 11:28 AM.

Comment

It doesn't look so bad, but at the same time it looks like it could suffer from the same thing that nearly every horror movie suffers from: awful performances from young, good-looking actors who were type-cast for their looks and not their acting skills. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I'll just say that I think Jackie Earle Haley is gonna make an awesome Freddy, although when he said "No...just me" in the trailer, he sounded just a biiit too much like Rorschach. Or, to be more specific, EXACTLY like Rorschach.
      Last edited by Vector; 02-25-2010, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I thought the same thing: Rorschach. Hopefully it's not J. E. Haley's new "every movie" voice, like Christian Bale. Ha ha.

But for Freddy, a gravely voice works since he was...you know...burnt to a crisp.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
          new "every movie" voice, like Christian Bale. Ha ha.
          Oh yes the infamous "Batman has throat cancer" Voice.

As for Haley I'm sure that he'll do a great job even with the Rorschach voice, he is a great actor.
          Last edited by aris13; 02-25-2010, 06:00 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Haley seems to be a good Freddy, but I too agree that the movie could easily be 'just another remake'. Hopefully it won't, as it looks very promising, at least in my opinion.

Comment

A little comparison between the original and remake(trailer).

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/02/26...de-comparison/

Comment

here's to say that this movie is better than Halloween and Friday the 13th. all these new remakes of old slasher films and they try dig deeper behind a story, and focus on character creation and all that stuff, but what fails is that all these horror remakes have YOUNG kids that act retarded. acting is very important in trying to reboot a franchise, like something in batman begins.
                Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

The general audience keeps complaining about Freddy like they did with Jason. In F13th Remake it was "Jason doesn't run!". But hence they forgot all about parts 2, 3, and 4. In NMOES it's "He isn't funny". But does everyone remember the first two movies? Part 3 was where he started to become a little goofy, sort of.

And then people also cry about how Freddy does not have lips or ear lobes, pfffttt. I guess they never seen burn victims before. Anyway, it's going to be good IMO. As long as they make it their own and not a carbon copy off of the original, they'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                    A little comparison between the original and remake(trailer).

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/02/26...de-comparison/
                    Pretty cool. But are they just borrowing elements from the original, or trying to re-tell the same exact story? I liked in the F13 "re-imagining" that there were subtle nods to some of the previous installments, yet a (somewhat) new story.

Originally posted by Branden_Lucero View Post
                    acting is very important in trying to reboot a franchise
                    Acting is actually very important in the success of all films.
                    Last edited by Jill's Boob; 03-01-2010, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                      Wow lol is that the same actor who played Rorschach from Watchemn because freddy sounds exactly like him

EDIT

ha i should have read the comments above before posting lol

anyway i think this film looks great even if Freddy seems to be a bit more serious than the older films. This could be a good thing anyway.
                      Last edited by I_Am_Nemesis; 03-01-2010, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Freddy was always serious, I don't know what you're talking about.

Oh, do you mean those Myth Films that were set after the third one? Yeah, those got canned remember? It went from Dream Warriors to New Nightmare.

There were no other films than those.

Fact.
                        Last edited by BadWolfX; 03-01-2010, 02:43 PM.

Comment

^Haha. Yeah, myth films. Keep telling yourself that.

I try to pretend most of the later F13 films don't exist either.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                            It doesn't look so bad, but at the same time it looks like it could suffer from the same thing that nearly every horror movie suffers from: awful performances from young, good-looking actors who were type-cast for their looks and not their acting skills. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I'll just say that I think Jackie Earle Haley is gonna make an awesome Freddy, although when he said "No...just me" in the trailer, he sounded just a biiit too much like Rorschach. Or, to be more specific, EXACTLY like Rorschach.
                            I agree completely with this. I think I'm gonna hate the archtypcal annoying teens, but LOVE Jackie in this. I'm so glad he was picked, he's the core reason this movie will be good if it is. Trust me, it isn't those young pretty losers. xD

I've heard variations to Jackie's voice, even in this trailer he sounded like Rorscach one second, then a different voice the next, also different form the FIRST trailer. I also heard that he played with a few different voices, so who knows what the real one will be.

Comment

I'd be happy if he used the Rorscach type voice but if they other one was used it wouldn't be very good. I swear he has some sort of southern drawl in the latest trailer at some points.

Comment

Originally posted by BadWolfX View Post
                                Freddy was always serious, I don't know what you're talking about.

Oh, do you mean those Myth Films that were set after the third one? Yeah, those got canned remember? It went from Dream Warriors to New Nightmare.

There were no other films than those.

Fact.
                                I kind of liked the other films lol its strange and makes no snese but i do. I didn't think he was as serious in the first 3 films as he seems to be in the remake.

Comment

Working...
                                X