Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunglasses like the ones Wesker did wear

Hi

I wonder if anyone has an idea where you can get some sunglasses which actually look like the ones Wesker did wear.

I don't mean the ones from the very first RE.

There are two styles I like.

The first one is from:
    Resident Evil ReMake/Zero/Umbrella Chronicles/4

The second one is from:

I myself did wear sunglasses (not at night ) which were called "Fossil Roadster". Sadly I lost them.

Then I bought a "Fossil Ben", which is mostly the same as the Roadster. Its lenses are coloured anthracite instead of matrix-green, as the ones of the Roadster were.

Fossil Ben:

Ideas anyone?

As in some of the games his sunglasses appear to be more square-ish, you could always try the Oakley Square Wire ones, or for more rounded ones any of the black versions of the Oakley Whisker (somewhat ironic with the name and Wesker joke).

Bolle style #314874 also do the job for the first batch of Wesker sunnies.

As for RE5 styles, you could use some of the black Oakley Fives.

The frames on his sunglasses in RE5 are quite different, and honestly put most frames in that style are generally glasses or they're too chunky, have the wrong sides and are plastic. You could try Red or Dead glasses frames, Quiksilver glasses or sunglasses and have the lenses swapped out for plain coloured lenses or polarized lenses (which is what I had to do for the RE5 sunnies).

The Oakley ones are somewhat expensive, however I've had a few pairs for years and they're still perfectly fine and they match up for Wesker cosplays and on their newer ones their logos' aren't too intrusive. They also make the style from RE1, and will also do custom sunnies.

I've been having a look in all of the sunglasses stores here and online and I haven't found any exact RE5 ones outside of normal glasses due to the skinny hinge and slightly chunky sides, doubled-divider and square-ish frame/lenses combo (and trust me, in Australia... there are too many sunglasses stores).

Hopefully this is a little bit helpful. ;
    Last edited by Enetirnel; 10-05-2009, 08:29 AM.
    sigpic
    Non-blurry Signature Version
    Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Thanks, that's helping me a lot!

The designs of both the Oakley Square Wire and the Whisker are awesome in my opinion.

Sadly the prices are "awesome" as well.

Well, you usually don't buy one of those every two weeks.

Thank you for this very detailed information.

Comment

Originally posted by Erdbeerman View Post
        Thanks, that's helping me a lot!

The designs of both the Oakley Square Wire and the Whisker are awesome in my opinion.

Sadly the prices are "awesome" as well.

Well, you usually don't buy one of those every two weeks.

Thank you for this very detailed information.
        Glad to help, I have those Oakley pairs personally (my Father has the male ones, I have custom ones).

I know, the prices suck BUT I have yet managed to even scratch mine and these things have been thrown around, stepped on, had a tiny croc chew on them at an expo... (sometimes I wonder if this brand is his actual sunnie's brand because of what these things can survive. )

They are expensive, but they are kind of worth it as they're pretty good sunnies and they will last you a long time provided you don't lose them.

Not a problem, glad to help.
        Last edited by Enetirnel; 10-07-2009, 06:23 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

A little croc chewed on your Oakleys?

Hopefully not while you were wearing them O.o

*must watch out for tiny crocs from now on*

Comment

Luckily not, I had them in one of my hands and I was patting it with my other hand (someone was holding it for me) and I touched it's chest and it grabbed the side of my sunnies. I was surprised to see that they didn't break, but I suppose it's good that the smaller ones here haven't got the bite-force of the normal crocs here and additionally aren't likely to attack unless they get disturbed.

But I really do have to recommend the Wire Frame and the Whisker ones for sunglasses, I'll give you a shout if I can find any brand that makes sunnies like his RE5 ones.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Yeah I just bought a brand new pair of Oakley Whiskers off of ebay for around $100. My second choice was Ray Ban 3190. These sunglasses look more like Wesker's, but they're just not my style so I stuck with the Oakleys..

Comment

You know, Im surprised Capcom havn't already released official Wesker sunglasses yet.

Comment

Originally posted by I_Am_Nemesis View Post
                    You know, Im surprised Capcom havn't already released official Wesker sunglasses yet.
                    No shit, they already have Leon cologne.

Comment

Capcom actually released 3 pairs of sunglasses, in the same range that has the Leon cologne in it, before biohazard 4 came out.

You can see them all here.

Online shopping for Import Video Games, Digital Codes, iTunes Cards, Mobage & PSN Cards, Movies, Music, Electronics, Computers, Software, Books, Apparel, Personal Care, Toys & more.

Online shopping for Import Video Games, Digital Codes, iTunes Cards, Mobage & PSN Cards, Movies, Music, Electronics, Computers, Software, Books, Apparel, Personal Care, Toys & more.

None are explictly stated to be Weskers (probably since they came out just before Bio4, and didn't want to spoil his presence in the game), so I guess everyone can decide which they think looks most like Weskers. For mine, it's the 2nd pair.

It looks like his glasses change game to game anyways, but my favourites are the T2 aviators

Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 09-18-2010, 02:59 AM. Reason: moar T-1000!
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah its definitely the second one.

Comment

Working...
                        X