Stephen King-based Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen King-based Films

one of the most reknowned horror writers ever has had several of his works turned into films. Some for better and some for worse.

1. Which King inspired films were the best based on their own merit and how true they were to the source material?

2. Which were just good films?

3. what does this have to do with games?

Comment

Yeah...this should probably go in Off Topic xD

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
        3. what does this have to do with games?
        Everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Becky's Butt View Post
          Nothing.

fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Nikkolas
            Everything
            Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
            fixed
            Fixed.

Comment

Best films based on Stephen King books.

1. The Shining
              2. The Shawshank Redemption
              3. The Green Mile
              4. Stand By Me
              5. Misery

All 5 films are great and from what I know Kubrick's The Shining is different from the novel.
              sigpic

Comment

IT, The Green Mile, Misery and Carrie are my personal favorites.
                Last edited by YamiYumes; 10-20-2009, 12:18 PM.

Comment

The Shining is far and away different from the novel. For one thing, in the film Jack is inherently a vindictive, abusive alcoholic. In the novel it's stressed how good of a person he is deep down. I would go so far as to say Kubrick made a tighter and more substantial narrative.

Some of the adaptations of King's horror novels aren't much to speak of, beyond a few points. Carrie, Christine, Cujo, The Dead Zone, and The Shining are the good ones from what I've seen. Pet Sematary had its moments, Langoliers was a fuckin' riot (not in a good way), IT got highly cheesy, don't get me started on Stephen King's The Shining (1997 TV miniseries), and there are a handful of other mediocre ones.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
                    The Shining is far and away different from the novel. For one thing, in the film Jack is inherently a vindictive, abusive alcoholic. In the novel it's stressed how good of a person he is deep down. I would go so far as to say Kubrick made a tighter and more substantial narrative.
                    I agree with this. However I found the book more interesting than the movie, I'll give credit to the cast director because Jack Nicholson is Jack Torrance if you ask me, as Tim Curry is Pennywise on IT.

In the case of IT I REALLY, REALLY encourage people to read it. Is a big ass book, yeah, but the movie is not like the novel at all. It's darker and definetly scarier than a clown with a dog's head

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

I love how Mike Hanlon chronicles It's existence. Those are great chapters. Nonetheless some parts of it are overly vulgar, and Patrick Hocksetter as a character disgusts me.

Funnily enough the Dog jumping at the security guard scared the christ out of me.

Comment

No love for Silver Bullet?

Comment

I.T. and The Shining. Silver Bullet is one of the better Werewolf movies.

Comment

Not one person has mentioned The Mist yet? Really? For shame! An excellent film and a fantastic translation of the book. I'd say it's a must watch.

Comment

Yeah forgot about The Mist, Wicked film and excellent ending.

Comment

Working...
                              X