The 90's Strike Back : Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 90's Strike Back : Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Apparently, the show is back on ABC family, with some minor special effects and other changes to the show. Forgot to check it out.

Of course, that also brought a new toy line, so I went shopping today, and managed to find this:

Seems to be hard to find still, this was the only one Walmart had (Target had none). Of course there are plenty of the 4-inch figures around, but this was my number one goal.

Target also had something I wasnt expecting..

Yay for stuff I couldnt afford when I was 4

Oh man, my life revolved around this show when I was younger. Quite younger. Well, not last week anyway. I even saw some of the Japanese stuff.

...my wife demand's the Green Ranger's flute knife thing looks like a penis flute, for blowing. My childhood once again comes crashing down. Next someone will tell me they roasted and ate the Easter Bunny.

Other than me, I mean.

Comment

FUCK YEAH. Give me the Green and White Rangers, the Green Ranger's Flute and Saba(the White Ranger's sword), and I'll be content.

Comment

I loved the first zords.Ultrazord was fucking indestructible.

Comment

An i'd still hit Amy Jo Green & Black FTW
          Last edited by kevstah2004; 01-02-2010, 09:59 PM.
          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

I always found it hilarious that the yellow ranger was played by a female in the scenes shot in America, but was so clearly a man in the scenes kept from the Japanese version.

Comment

Pretty awesome thing for 25 bucks

Comment

Reruns on ABC Family? Oh Goddammit, that's what I get for not having cable.

Yes, one of the only few things I remember of the 90's were: Resident Evil, Godzilla, Imogen Heap, and the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

GO GO POWER RANGERS!! DEEERRR, DEEEERRRRM *guitar imitation lol*

I pretty much disliked all the rest that came after (with a slight exception to 'Dino Thunder'). Screw you, Mystic Force. Burn in hell!!!

Long live Rita Repulsa!!!

Comment

They are remastered or something like that, so possibly slightly higher quality? Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Corson View Post
                    I always found it hilarious that the yellow ranger was played by a female in the scenes shot in America, but was so clearly a man in the scenes kept from the Japanese version.
                    That reminds me that at first a Japanese girl played the yellow ranger and an African American played the black ranger but when the cast departed the roles were shifted and an African American girl ended up playing the yellow ranger.

Anyway the original MMPR was great and played an important role in my childhood, the show started to go dowhill for me when the original cast departed.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                      Anyway the original MMPR was great and played an important role in my childhood, the show started to go dowhill for me when the original cast departed.
                      So true, I stopped watching the show when the original cast departed. I was sad to hear years later that the actress that played the original Yellow Ranger died in a car accident when she was like 28 or so.

Comment

I used to have all the 12" figures and Megazord/Dragonzord/White Tiger zord but swapped them in 1998 for a PS1. I lost interest pretty much after the ninja zords or what ever they were called, I watched some of Lord Zedds series but I felt it wasn't as good so I eventually just stopped watching it .

One of the many shows I remember from the 90's. Notable mentions: Captain Planet. Go Planet!

Comment

Originally posted by Enrico Marini View Post
                          I used to have all the 12" figures and Megazord/Dragonzord/White Tiger zord but swapped them in 1998 for a PS1. I lost interest pretty much after the ninja zords or what ever they were called, I watched some of Lord Zedds series but I felt it wasn't as good so I eventually just stopped watching it .

One of the many shows I remember from the 90's. Notable mentions: Captain Planet. Go Planet!
                          You got the bum end of that deal, PS1 went down in price, the toys went up hah

Comment

For any fellow MMA fans, Jason David Frank (A.K.A. the green/white ranger) will be making his MMA debut in a few months lol.

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/09...artial-artist/
                            Last edited by REmaster; 01-03-2010, 01:50 PM.
                            "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                            Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

I think hes already fought. Maybe not in a huge fight, but Ive seen video of him fighting.

Comment

Working...
                              X