No announcement yet.

NBA Basketball Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's kinda funny how you'd put AI into this conversation about the Finals. And yes Kobe is my current fave and AI and I didn't say kobe is my ONLY. Also since when was AI part of the conversation.

Quit dragging the conversation of another direction when we're discussing about Lakers and the playoffs. And besides you need to re-read your own post since it only involved kobe and did I even say to you that you mentioned kobe for making them win the title. Re-read my post and it will tell you that I said you don't give his laker teammate the credit for sealing game 7 for the win and the other playoff games.
    Last edited by Guest; 06-23-2010, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackMamba View Post
      Yup and with minor changes to the roster, return of the Zen Master and a healthy Bynum I smell a Threepeat now remember Kobe played through the entire playoffs with many injuries yet still played at a high level.

LA LAkers 2010-2011 Champ for the THreepeat
      Ok now tell me where in that paragraph do I say "Kobe won them the title" cus I don't see it it all

What I said, and clearly you didn't understand, was that through injuries even to their star player they were able to go through the entire playoffs and win a championship
      Last edited by TheBlackMamba; 06-23-2010, 02:49 PM.

Comment

You still haven't answered the question I was asking you

To this...
        I didn't say Kobe won them the title you keep misunderstanding what I said lol I know what the others did and I love Artest for his Game 7 performance and how's KObe your fav when back in September u kept trying to prove AI was a better player
        And to answer your question...
        It's kinda funny how you'd put AI into this conversation about the Finals. And yes Kobe is my current fave and AI and I didn't say kobe is my ONLY. Also since when was AI part of the conversation.

Quit dragging the conversation of another direction when we're discussing about Lakers and the playoffs. And besides you need to re-read your own post since it only involved kobe and did I even say to you that you mentioned kobe for making them win the title. Re-read my post and it will tell you that I said you don't give his laker teammate the credit for sealing game 7 for the win and the other playoff games.
        The fact of the matter is you just don't wanna admit kobe is beat in the finals.
        Last edited by Guest; 06-24-2010, 12:14 AM.

Comment

No you don't want to admit Kobe played 7 games in the Finals and you are judging him only on two games, specifically his game 7 performance which is highly unfair

And way to run away from my last post showing how you assumed I said Kobe did everything for them lol
          Last edited by TheBlackMamba; 06-24-2010, 07:52 AM.

Comment

I am aware of kobe's major contributions but the fact you left out Artests sudden scoring and defense as well as gasol being the other scorer behind kobe(which is another problem the opposing team has to deal with) and leading the team in rebound, Odom coming off the bench giving 10's and 10's(points and rebound respectively) as well as fishers tenacious defense on rondo as well as his clutch 3's giving lakers the lead or furthering the lead.
            Did I just say game 7 or game 6? I only mentioned those games as an example, seriously re-read your post and mine. You're too prideful to not admit kobe was beat because of your fanboyism, I shouldn't forget he also struggled on games against other teams. Also my second quote on my last post wasn't about the game 7 anyway and it was an answer to your question, which I'm sure you clearly didn't understand the post.

Here's an example of another game.
            Last edited by Guest; 06-24-2010, 11:15 AM.

Comment

lol I do admit he was beat nowhere in ANY post did I say he was not, you like assuming don't you

Comment

It seems you lack the reading ability and to understand the debating of posts.
                Spoiler:

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                In game 7 Kobe was beat. You could tell he was tired. Not shooting the ball well. Boston sent 3 guys at him every time. He tried to do too much by himself.

Thing is, despite Kobe's best efforts Lakers would've lost the game if not for Gasol, Fisher and especially Vujacic making those points happen.

Lakers are a team and that came out yesterday. All of them played with passion, energy and determination.

And ppl giving Magic Johnson crap for praising the Celtics are wack. Boston had an incredible team. Beating a formidable team makes winning this all the more sweet.
                Originally posted by Lightning View Post
                Pikminister already revealed the truth. As good as kobe is and being the best player right now(jordan being the all time greatest and all time best), he couldn't take the load by himself even when he went on being kobe. The fact of the matter is in game 7 Artest was reviving and kept them catching up in the 1st half leading them in scoring at 1st half while kobe struggled in the finals. Gasol would struggle but would put up rebounds and his defensive performance to make it up on garnett. Artest and Gasol made both Ray Allen and KG struggle in the field much like kobe did limiting them whilst paul pierce was taking the load. Gasol even made rasheed foul out and placed KG in foul trouble situation. Don't forget fisher giving a good defense on rondo.
                And since you don't seem to understand and you think it was assumption is because of your lack of understanding the post and just be ignorant and to not admit things due to fanboyism. Its just like jill fanboyism though difference is the lack of admitting the truth of defeat of a person and the admittance of that fanboy.

Originally posted by TheBlackMamba View Post
                No you don't want to admit Kobe played 7 games in the Finals and you are judging him only on two games, specifically his game 7 performance which is highly unfair

And way to run away from my last post showing how you assumed I said Kobe did everything for them lol
                Originally posted by Lightning View Post
                Did I just say game 7 or game 6? I only mentioned those games as an example, seriously re-read your post and mine. You're too prideful to not admit kobe was beat because of your fanboyism, I shouldn't forget he also struggled on games against other teams. Also my second quote on my last post wasn't about the game 7 anyway and it was an answer to your question, which I'm sure you clearly didn't understand the post.

Here's an example of another game.
                http://www.nba.com/games/20100424/LA...#nbaGIboxscore
                Last edited by Guest; 06-24-2010, 11:30 PM.

Comment

The Knicks are preparing to pitch LeBron James on an ambitious proposal by which two other All-Stars join James in New York to form a dominant roster capable of winning multiple championships.

SI.com spoke with a "league source with complete understanding of New York's plans" who said the Knicks will sell James on the team's vision of surrounding him with shooting guard Joe Johnson and either Chris Bosh or Amar'e Stoudemire at power forward.

The Knicks have been seen as outsiders in the pursuit of James but their bold attempt to bring three stars to New York represents a significant shift in strategy.

The team would divide its estimated $34.5 million in cap room equally among all three free agents, meaning each would start at a yearly salary of about $11.5 million.

The source said that, with bonuses achieved, each player can earn an average salary of $15.7 million over a five-year contract.

On top of those salary and bonus amounts paid on the player contracts, the Knicks will emphasize that with the abundance of off-the-court business opportunities for star athletes in the world's largest media market, the players would be able to earn more in New York than they would make on a maximum-salary contract in other NBA cities. If the club reaches its potential and wins a championship, the endorsement and other business opportunities will multiply.

Comment

That is also a possibility for LBJ to head to New York though are they going to dump McGrady for clearing more salary caps and I think he becomes a free agent as well. Also there is still a chance for him to stay in cleveland(which I now think is stupid) because his family is there and not to mention they tried to serenade james with that LBJ day which I think is a stupid way just to keep him. Cleveland hasn't done any current improving like firing the head coach and coming up empty(not getting good players) in the draft.

Chicago is also a possible destination as well as Miami heat...though the money is a bit too tight keeping 3 top stars in the league.

James has 2 things he is after in life.
                    1. He wants to play for a guaranteed contender
                    2. His goal of becoming a billionaire(which he might also go after the most money being offered to him which currently New York has offer for LBJ.

Let's not forget LBJ and D-Wade have been talking. No news/info release about what their discussion is about but I'm sure its about a Wade-James Team up in miami. Bosh might not even return to toronto for next season.

I should also add among the top free agents. Dirk Nowitzki has opted-out of his maverick contract and heads to free agency to test the market.

LOL Yao has also plans to resign with rockets....a guaranteed none-contender team next season.

Paul Pierce has decided to opt-out of his contract and heads to free agency as well to test the market via offers haha
                    Last edited by Guest; 06-30-2010, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Any heres the news for the NBA.

Paul Pierce and Ray Allen decides to resign to the celtics at an attempt for another NBA Title.

Chicago Bulls traded away Kirk Hinrich to the wizards and signed All-Star forward Carlos Boozer as a free agent from the Utah Jazz.

Also the biggest news in the free agency and lakers and celtics better watch out for the next big 3. Dwyane Wade returns to the Miami Heat next season and this time he's gonna have back up because the heat have signed all-star Chris Bosh from the Raptors and the biggest free agent from the list LeBron James signs with Miami Heat despite low pay offer since they already got D-Wade and Bosh to deal with in salary cap.

Haha looks like celtics aren't gonna be champions for a while now. Most likely Heat VS Lakers at the next nba finals.

Comment

Working...
                      X