No announcement yet.

Scream Franchise (Movies)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never seen any of the Scream movies...hoping to make this one my first ^^

Comment

^ Having read what I have and seeing this new trailer (linked below), you'd probably be better off at least seeing the first if not all the others before this one. Given the way the original worked, this is going to heavily riff on the differences in the genre these days as opposed to the old genre stylings, and so you'll probably enjoy the new one more for it.

New trailer:

Comment

Hate them. When I was younger I dressed up as ghostface for Halloween thinking "it would be cool", now I feel like an idiot for ever doing that. Every Halloween I see like 50 ghostface clones walking down the street.

Trendy morons. The "cool thing" to do would be to create your own Halloween costume from scratch.

I thought about dressing up as Scorpion or some other ninja from MK by doing the following.

Cut the hard shell mask piece from a paintball guard mask and paint it according to the color of your favorite MK ninja.
        Buy a professional looking Balaclava.
        The rest of the clothing can easily be bought from some martial arts store...
        Buy crazy colored Halloween contact lenses, for Scorpion all white, for Reptile reptilian eyes, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
          ^ Having read what I have and seeing this new trailer (linked below), you'd probably be better off at least seeing the first if not all the others before this one. Given the way the original worked, this is going to heavily riff on the differences in the genre these days as opposed to the old genre stylings, and so you'll probably enjoy the new one more for it.

New trailer:

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headlin...=19411&count=0
          Does it matter what order I watch them in? Will it spoil anything or make much of a difference?

Comment

You probably should watch them in order. There is an on-going story thread which I expect will continue onwards into this new film.

Additionally as I kinda mentioned above, the original was kinda a satire on the slasher genre up until the beginning of the 2000's and so the plot relied on poking a finger at the cliche's within the genre though the characters within (basically poking fun at a lot of what Craven himself had made until that point).

But this new one looks to do the same to what's happened with the genre in the past decade, so in order to get the real differences between this and what was in the past you kinda have to see the original.

Comment

Ooo looks good I just saw the first 3 a few weeks ago ^^

Comment

I liked the other 3 Scream films. But the new trailor for Scream 4 kind of gives away who the killer might be at a glance, so I don't recommend u watch it!

Comment

"It's like I've seen this...before...it was in that movie Scream. Same dialogue and everything."

Scream 3 was awful... I haven't read much about Scream 4 but I hope they kinda skip over some of the plotlines from 3..

Comment

Scream 3 was the weakest of the original trilogy, it tried to do the satire thing but it didn't quite work out. It's worth noting Kevin Williamson who wrote the first two and the fourth didn't write the third movie. The person that did wrote the American adaptation of The Ring. Taking that into account, i think it's a miracle the third ended up being watchable.

Comment

Many new images have propped up, such as Sidney holding a buther knife looking scared shitless. Here's the link http://www.filmshaft.com/three-new-s...stills-online/
                      "Movies don't make psychos, movies make psychos more creative!" Billy Loomis

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxYnh...eature=channel
                        Watch this new trailer! It's epic!

Comment

Huh, after watching that my excitement for this went down a little. The new cast seem like a bunch of douche-bags and the set up of celebrating the original murders? Retarded IMO.

Comment

Excited to watch Scream 4. I am huge fan of Scream. I think I watched Scream (1) more than 30 times when I was younger.

Comment

New poster reminds me of Halloween.

Spoiler:
                              sigpic

Comment

Im going to see it march 31st at a primere i will try to get some pics of the event.

Here's a couple links.

http://wearemoviegeeks.com/2011/03/4...from-scream-4/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh3fseXr_pA

Comment

Working...
                                X