Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predators, produced by Robert Rodriguez

Sneak preview featuring some words from Rodriguez

From the sound of it, he's pretty involved in the production and wants this to be a movie "for the fans." Hearing the bits of dialogue and watching the footage, sounds like they're going for a slow-burn not unlike the first one, which is needless to say fuckin' beautiful. I look forward to seeing a Predator film with Larry Fishburne and Adrien Brody in the lead; despite the latter usually seeing more "bookish" roles or whatever, a good actor is a good actor. Better than the robots in AvP.

...Hmm, I wonder how the actual story will pan out though. It seems to be set on a full blown Yautja planet.

Seems good. Isn't it like some sort of quasi-sequel in the future, or something? I forgot if it was still in the storyline as the others (no matter how bad the AvP movies were, they did set up okay stories to be in the universe, so maybe this will too?).

Comment

I tried to watch AvP but I couldn't stay interested. Maybe this will be more interesting than its predecessor. I will watch it when Iit gets out on DVD.

Comment

Trailer

sigpic

Comment

Oh dear...that's a lot of secondary characters. Well, I would assume they're going for a Aliens route (thus the title) with dynamic between certain characters (like Vasquez and Hudson)...and the rest...oh man that's a lot.

Plus with all of those Predator sights on Brody, goodbye? I don't know why they'd fuck with someone like that.

Mmm, I'm starting to have doubts. I liked the space into forest effect in the beginning though.

Comment

awesome !

Comment

this looks AWESOME!!!!
              Spoiler:

Comment

oh thats right i remember seeing something about it on chiller. supposed to be good. better then the latest avp.

Comment

I just watched a preview for this movie on Xbox live in the video marketplace thru Zune Sunday. It looks really good. I caught a glimpse of Danny Trejo at the very beginning of the trailer. My boyfriend had to rewind it a few times and pause it to see who it was.

Comment

Very much looking forward to this. Hopefully a decent Predator sequel.

Looks very promising...
                    "I've got 100 cows."
                    "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Empire Review

3/5 Stars

sigpic

Comment

Some reviews:

1.- Mirror UK

THE VERDICT

Forget all about the *overblown comic-book-style Alien vs Predators movies. This brutal fantasy *actioner harks back to the original 1987 Predator movie (which starred Arnold Schwarzenegger at his action-man best) and packs the screen with thrills, spills, blood and bullets.

Brody makes an unlikely, though convincing, hero as a *mercenary who tries to pull together a disparate group of killers to take on the alien Predators that are after them. Braga is great as the black ops sharpshooter, while Fishburne is perfect as the steely-eyed killer who's seen it all.

One of the best sci-fi action romps for a while.
                        2.- heyuguys UK

Good news people…. I really enjoyed Predators. The movie takes us back to basics, uses very little CGI except on some of the effects and gunfire but primarily the movie is done with special effects and pyrotechnics which was very refreshing in a world where all movies have to have a quota of CGI. The tie in to the original movies was well scripted and fit in perfectly, although no mention was paid to Predator 2 or AVP which both would have happened after the events from the first movie and before this. Antal relies on his actors to give simplistic but powerful performances, most of which succeed.

URL: http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/2010/07/06/predators-review/
                        3.- Time Out

This is the sequel that John McTiernan and Arnold Schwarzenegger’s 1987 original deserved

So far so good at rottentomatoes.com... at the time of posting this, it's all positive reviews... so far. That's pretty rare for a monster/alien flick these days.

I might see it after all.... just to erase the AvsP flicks from my mind.
                        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                        sigpic

Comment

Most of the reviews I've read keep regarding it as a Reboot or Remake of the original rather than sequel which is annoying but it's getting fairly middle ground reviews but I guess the general rules apply if this is your kinda thing add a star/point/etc . . . so I'll be expecting a four star movie . . .
                          sigpic

Comment

F YEAH, Can't wait!

Comment

I'm gonna bleed you, real quiet.

Comment

Working...
                              X