April Fools Around The Web!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April Fools Around The Web!

Well, in Australia it actually is April Fool's day, so it got me wondering, what kind of tricks have all the websites put up? There are usually a few good ones. For instance, DeviantArt has decided to replace everyone's signature/avatar with something relating to either Twilight or Lady GaGa. While 4chan's /v/ is using the :V, babby and BABY BABY BABY memes on their page.

What else is there floating around? I'm curious.
    Last edited by Mr. Ashford; 04-01-2010, 03:49 AM.

ReMixanator on OverClocked ReMix

(Personally, I'm not impressed with logging in to see a "<3 <3 Team Jacob!!!" replacing my avatar, as well as a flashing pink banner with "TEAM JACOB!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!!11" on my DeviantArt...)

My reaction to the prank was...

As it appears all of my accounts (including fan clubs) have gotten fucking Twilight.
    The Mudkip meme one was fine, so were a few others but this one is quite frankly annoying.

It is impressive, it's just a bother with the clubs/groups that I run when I had wanted to change things on them - when I remembered how dA switches stuff around (I probably would have thought it was funnier, had they done a homepage or an announcement to go with it instead of just switching avatars and signatures again, little bit old by now).

Although, I've seen a few people fall for the OCR prank.

Across a few gaming sites, there's spreading around Final Fantasy VII Remake confirmation ones (... yet again).

A few people believe that the new YouTube layout is a prank (sadly, it isn't).

So far, my personal favorite would be the OCR one.
    Last edited by Enetirnel; 04-01-2010, 09:49 AM.
    sigpic
    Non-blurry Signature Version
    Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Well, 4chan is still sporting the "Facebook" prank. My only disappointment with that is how obvious it was from the get-go... As soon as I received the Twitter message referring to it, I knew, so I was a little sad, but I honestly think DeviantArt's prank is hilarious. For me, it tops the Mudkip switch, because this one induces massive amount of rage for all the Twilight-haters and Gaga-haters. Not to mention for the tween Twlight fans, who take that "team" garbage too seriously and were given an avatar showcasing their opposite "side." Hahaha, good shit. (Well, I am a little sad I didn't get my dear Team Gaga, but to flip out over it like some people... Oh, dear.)

Comment

I'm actually pretty impressed by the DeviantArt joke. People's reactions are hilarious, although I do wish there was a little more variety in the avatar/sig department. Although I do like how all the plz accounts have stayed the same.

Comment

Blizzard usually do an excellent April fools day prank, butI had a quick poke around their site and didn't see anything obvious.
          sigpic

Comment

google had one where they had a animal translator

Comment

I just found one where it said Imogen Heap is pregnant... I'm actually pretty skeptical whether it's a joke or not, but whatever.

Comment

Deviant Art changed my userpic to a Team Gaga icon....

so um....they did me a service and I kind of want to keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Ashford View Post
                  Well, in Australia it actually is April Fool's day, so it got me wondering, what kind of tricks have all the websites put up? There are usually a few good ones. For instance, DeviantArt has decided to replace everyone's signature/avatar with something relating to either Twilight or Lady GaGa. While 4chan's /v/ is using the :V, babby and BABY BABY BABY memes on their page.

What else is there floating around? I'm curious.
                  So that song is a meme?

I just figured it was like, hey, /v/ likes Girls' Generation (which they secretly do. I openly love them.), so let's play that song!

GEE GEE GEE GEE BABY BABY BABY
                  GEE GEE GEE GEE BABY BABY BABY

And so on. I thought it was pretty funny. There were several threads dumping images of them. I was in all of them.

Some guy also got banned for making a video game related thread ().
                  Last edited by WeskerIncarnate; 04-01-2010, 11:40 AM.

Comment

THE HALO MOVIE!

Best April Fools in years for IGN.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

lol awesome trailer!!
                      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

LittleKuriboh did an obvious but still hilarious one featuring a crap-ton of his affiliated voice actors on the web.

CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES!

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                          THE HALO MOVIE!

Best April Fools in years for IGN.
                          that one was pure gay and stupid. it wasn't as convincing as the Zelda one they showed few years back. that one actually looked like a real trailer.
                          Last edited by Branden_Lucero; 04-02-2010, 01:31 AM.
                          Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Lol, April Fool's Day is a day where you can lie, and if you're caught? Just say April Fool's! Bahaha. Oh, Gary Busey , you may seem scary, but your Twitter posts are funny as fuck (fake? Not sure... but still funny ).

^I remember actually being convinced by the Zelda one they did back in '08. I was so disappointed with myself. D:
                            Last edited by Ray; 04-02-2010, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X