Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have you ever been kicked off a forum til 2035

I got kicked off the resident evil challenger forum til 2035

...what on Earth did you do? Sleep with the admin's sister?

I've only ever been banned in situations along the lines of, 'You gave me a punishments for a good reason on forum X, but here on forum Y I am the master and so I'll ban you for no reason to show how awesome and brilliant I am!' Of course, forum Y usually lasts about six months before people realize even a tiny amount of power will expand an idiots ego to untold sizes and it dies.

Comment

Wow I agree you must have really pissed of an admin.

ive never actualy been banned, im not active enough to piss people off lol

Comment

i've been banned about 3 tiems on rangerboard and i got banned a 4th time callin an admin a lolicon obsessed pedophilic bastard...first time i was proud to get a ban, the man was obsessed with gwen tennyson to the point he made over 10 threads about her

Comment

I got banned from Silent Hill Forum (co.uk) for making a comedy Rap song insulting the admins. Of course, nobody realised it was a phoney song/account and thought it was some real rapper trying to get on their shit... Which makes it even more hilarious. Eventually they discovered it was me and i got perma banned. Totally worth it. It was a joke but some of the admins there were absolute jerks so it was nice to make them feel a little red faced for a bit.

On a side note, I met my girlfriend via that same forum. It's pretty funny how things work out.

edit - Here's the song if anyone gives a shit. Its still up suprisingly. Yes, i put way too much time/effort into that whole charade

Last edited by Gideon Quinn; 06-02-2010, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Haha this topic should be interesting.

I've only been banned at gamefaqs for arguing with other idiots in the RE5 board, long story short,the other idiot being a smart ass whilst full of lies about some RE tips and got warned and banned for continuous bickering as well as I am the one he argued with for correcting him, I also got my fair share of banned or should I say temporary suspension. Of course that same account is still active haha.

Comment

Never been kicked from a board. I'm a goody little twoshoes

Comment

I suppose this little nugget counts toward the thread:

Comment

lololol. Didnt you call him a walking turd or something along the lines of that?

Comment

It was a thread about God of War III and how he said it looked like 'a painting come to life' before they even showed it, and someone posted a pic of him. I said something like "wow, he really looks like a turd right there." Jaffe himself showed up in the thread, insulted my mom by saying he gave her a mushroom stamp, and the nerds at NeoGAF obviously took his side and then banned me that night. I lol'd.

Comment

This topic makes me happy.

I sealed my ban in Capcom Europe when they changed the rules to forbid talking about mods and modding the game. Thats the most absurd thing Ive ever seen on an official forum and I gave the community manager a peace of my mind about it.

And of course a ban from THIA, under rather hilarious circumstances. But those were fun times.
                      Last edited by Member_of_STARS; 06-03-2010, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
                        I sealed my ban in Capcom Europe when they changed the rules to forbid talking about mods and modding the game. Thats the most absurd thing Ive ever seen on an official forum and I gave the community manager a peace of my mind about it.
                        Heh. Must've done something to really get on their nerves. I've always had the impression that Capcom's been rather lenient when it comes to general mod discussion 'n' stuff (as long as it didn't cross certain borders). Guess they just didn't want none of that on the official forums... I guess... Beats me.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                          Heh. Must've done something to really get on their nerves. I've always had the impression that Capcom's been rather lenient when it comes to general mod discussion 'n' stuff (as long as it didn't cross certain borders). Guess they just didn't want none of that on the official forums... I guess... Beats me.
                          I was rather agressive, especially when the "its their intellectual property and you dont own it, so shut up" arguments started to fly. And I called James Mitchell a brownnoser. On one hand it was rather childlish of me to keep pushing the issue, on the other hand the rule was rather too strict, paranoid even- a ban for discussions about Resident Evil mods or modding.

One could speculate whether the new rules were passed down from the top and something got lost in translations (console modding?), but Im hazy on the details myself as it happened a year ago.

Im not an exception, though, because I pushed her pretty hard via PM-s, questioning her work. They were not too quick on the ban key.

[EDIT] Tried to find the topic, no avail. Must have been sent to moderator subforum. The ruleset has changed a bit, no mention of mods in it anymore.
                          Last edited by Member_of_STARS; 06-03-2010, 06:03 AM.

Comment

I got banned from reHorror permanently because DaMa blamed me for his Jun Takeuchi interview getting cancelled. I was already on poor terms with him and Temp anyway and this was when I'd said (not long after getting it actually) that I wanted to resign as a mod and I was leaving the site because I couldn't believe how corrupt it was. Snow from Capcom US contacted me asking for my help to get the hacked RE5 data off of reHorror, and asked me for Temp and DaMa's e-mail address. I sent them both messages and also gave Snow both of their e-mails, he contacted them and I'm not exactly sure what happened from there. Snow just told me that they were both very rude and they were asking for things in return that just "weren't possible to give". As Capcom were doing them a favour by giving them an interview with Takeuchi and they wouldn't return the favour by removing hacked content from the site (which included details of Jill being in the game, quite heavy spoilers), they scrapped the interview. They both blamed me for this and banned me permanently for it. I told Snow and he apologised and sent me a free RE5 Collector's Edition, TGS 2009 Uroboros headband to make up for it and he also got Krispy into some Capcom event they had down there at my request. Even Ben Le Rougetel of Capcom Europe knew about the reHorror situation and said about ripping up their Takeuchi interview.

Since then, I've been unbanned on reHorror because their new forum setup automatically reverts all bans and they can't ban people. DaMa said about how he unbanned me for a fresh start or whatever but another admin had already told me that they can't ban, so I knew better anyway.

Was quite funny how DaMa had put on his blog as well at the time about how he had been contacted by some "low level guy from Capcom", taking the mick, but the low level guy from Capcom got in touch with Capcom JP and EU and got reHorror blacklisted. XD
                            Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 06-03-2010, 06:38 AM.

Comment

People selling their integrity for T-shirts?

Comment

Working...
                              X