This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still in school and hating it - A pupil's life

Come here to talk about a time where your school was being retarded towards you or just in general.

So today when I was in school, I got banned from the classroom when my math teacher isn't there for a laughing at a funny joke...meanwhile my classmates were acting like chipmunks after they drank a latte. My friend got banned too because he fell off his chair and onto his ass and the teacher thought he was faking it when he was in severe pain. Can't wait till I go to High School in September because my school is a frigging god forsaken hellhole.
    "Movies don't make psychos, movies make psychos more creative!" Billy Loomis

One time at lunch I asked for a cheeseburger and the lunch lady gave me a chicken sammich. Fucking retards.

Comment

There's this kid who...doesn't get it. He thinks he's 'one of us', in my group, namely the theatre group. It's all fine if you want to join...but this kid thinks he rules the roost, thinks he's the 'leader' of our group. :/ He's pretty much an internet troll, in real life. Thinks screaming memes is funny out of context, and a lot of what he says will get himself punched in the face. We've told him time and time again that we cannot stand him, but he's so thick skulled and won't get it. I think the most disgusting part is that he thinks he can just insult all of us and yell at all of us and oh, we'll forgive him. We don't even like him.

He's the first and only kid I've hit. And he deserved that slap.

Comment

In my program, if you failed a required first year course, you get kicked out of the program.

One of the required courses for first year was "computer science". It's not computer science in the programming sense. We had to learn about the history of computers, binary/hex stuff, and because I'm in the business faculty Word, Excel and Access. It's not a cross-listed course or anything either. This course was only for people in the business faculty. I.e. it was "comp sci for business students"

Anyways, I took the course second term. First term apparently the prof was piss easy and the class average was something like 80%.
        Second term, we got a different prof (rumour has it the first term prof was removed for said average).

For one, the prof didn't really teach that well.
        For 2, his lecture notes weren't all that helpful.
        For 3, neither was the textbook.

He also had this policy for tests that if you get a true/false question wrong you actually get deducted an additional mark.
        (e.g. if something was out of 10, if you left one answer blank you'll get 9/10. If you answered but got it wrong, you'll get 8/10 even if the other 9 are right)
        I get how that could be a legit grading method in some cases but apparently the first term prof didn't do that. So that's a disadvantage to us right there.

He also asked some relatively obscure questions. I say relatively because I took some compeng/sci courses in high school and knew some of the shit. But I could see why most of the students would get confused when they were asked what "RJ45" was on the test... especially since the only way people would've found out otherwise is if they read those fine-print blurbs they sometimes put under pictures in textbooks.

And again, we're in the business faculty, and a bunch of people kinda questioned why they would even need to learn stuff like binary and hex.
        One of the questions in the second midterm asked what .csv is... I've only encountered one .csv file in my life, and that was in this course. The TAs didn't even tell us what it stood for.

Very few people in that class did well. As far as tests went for me it was:
        - Midterm 1: 78% (this was the highest mark in the class, surprisingly)
        - Midterm 2: 60-something%
        - Final Exam: Dunno, but I pretty much guessed half of it.

Course, the *entire* class complained because the people who took it first term basically got a free ride while people who took it second term are now at risk of failing AND getting kicked out (oh and there were other complaints like accusations of the prof being offensive or something like that) and a bunch of people went directly to the faculty head to complain.

When I went to check my final mark, I got over 90%.
        That's quite a bellcurve.
        Moral of the story: Bitching works.
        Last edited by JcFFx; 06-03-2010, 10:24 PM.

Comment

LOL I was actually never banned from a class or so since most of my weekdays I tend to skip classes in the afternoon and just hang out with friends. Of course I get in trouble at times but hey I enjoyed it haha. Oh and that was in my high school days.

Shit I'ma love this thread haha.

P.S. I'm a Retard for doing that haha but enjoyed my high school days. IMO your teenage days are your best days in life
          Last edited by Guest; 06-04-2010, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Surely, the title of this thread could've been named something a little more sophisticated and less, uh, juvenile?

Comment

This isn't really about my school but my college but i gues it still kind of fits in here

My college are retards because we havn't had a propper media teacher in over a year and a half. They just keep on giving us people from the I.T department or fresh Uni grads who arent very knowledgeable about media. We havn't had an actual lesson in a long time either. Instead we just get handed a brief and are told to just get on with it. The organisation has been pretty shit too! when i first started the course they made us pay £100 to use on trips to the bbc and other studios. So far we have been thorpe park twice and a free film museum up in london.
              Now we have two weeks left and they expect us to wright 6 case study's on 6 different adverts, an essay on an animator that they have yet to teach us about, a presentation on magazines and a whole 5 minute claymation!

And then they have the nerve to post news paper clippings about how my college is one of the nations best, what a load of bollocks that is

I hate my college.
              Last edited by I_Am_Nemesis; 06-04-2010, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Could we not have a topic about school and work retardedness? I assume a lot of members on the site must have left school.

Comment

Originally posted by xdeadpan View Post
                  Surely, the title of this thread could've been named something a little more sophisticated and less, uh, juvenile?
                  Give the kid a break. He's like in Gr 8 or something.

Comment

Originally posted by JcFFx View Post
                    Give the kid a break. He's like in Gr 8 or something.
                    As true as that may be, I still find the title of this thread really cringe-worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by xdeadpan View Post
                      As true as that may be, I still find the title of this thread really cringe-worthy.

Now that you mention it, yeah it kinda is.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                        Could we not have a topic about school and work retardedness? I assume a lot of members on the site must have left school.
                        I know I'm one of those whom at one point suggested the forum registration be set to 18+ and all that, but... c'mon, you're just fresh out of school yourself, aren't you? Besides, quite a lot of people go on to do additional school stuff for several years beyond the general public/basic stuff

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                        Now that you mention it, yeah it kinda is.
                        I've blessed this thread with a new name! One that may as well have been the name of a terrible novel or short story (still cringe-worthy, I hope)

Comment

Two or three students in my Algebra class came in high off marijuana (they're a little known for being stoners at this point) one time.

I just sort of smiled crookedly at them and went on with my day.

Oh, and the bloodshot eyes, half-slack jaw, droopy eyelids, and generally strange behavior (one of them leaned his arm outside a window and went on about how "beautiful" it was outside, in great detail I might add) is what mainly convinced me of this.

Not exactly the school's fault of course, but I just felt like sharing this. The image of perfection and studiousness that my school gives off is false in this sense. A lot of people here do drugs and all the other shit that you'd attach as a stigma to other high schools, especially in my city (yet many of them still manage good grades, which is the important thing...right?).
                          Last edited by WeskerIncarnate; 06-04-2010, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                            I've blessed this thread with a new name! One that may as well have been the name of a terrible novel or short story (still cringe-worthy, I hope)
                            Thanks. I appreciate it. Sorry if I seemed overly sensitive, but I just found the title unappealing, and it made it difficult to view the thread as anything more than childish complaints, which was pretty much summed up, quite cleverly, by nemesiswontdie:

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                            One time at lunch I asked for a cheeseburger and the lunch lady gave me a chicken sammich. Fucking retards.
                            My initial thoughts to this thread, exactly. Thanks for the laugh! :p

Comment

WTF who changed the name of the thread?????.....WHAT A GAY NAME...........this site pisses me off (sometimes) more than wiinode did at least they didn't change the name of MY threads unless there was swearing. AND will you stop making fun of me and my threads too guys..cause that's bullying... and I hate fucktards who do that.
                              Last edited by Ghostface; 06-05-2010, 05:20 PM.
                              "Movies don't make psychos, movies make psychos more creative!" Billy Loomis

Comment

Working...
                              X