Insomnia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insomnia

Anyone else suffer from it? I haven't actually been diagnosed with it, but I presume I have it (It's currently 7:10 AM and I haven't slept yet--Same pattern for the past 2-3 weeks or so as well). How do you deal with it? What do you do to try and force yourself to sleep?

I can suffer from relatively light insomnia brought on by having restless legs and pain. And three small children, although oddly enough the exhaustion they bring has helped me sleep better...

Comment

I can't sleep for more than 3-4 hours at a time. I don't know why. Its been like this for the past 2 months and it's pissing me off. I mean right now I understand because I'm in pain because I had a root canal yesterday but still.

Comment

Maybe try to exhaust youself. Works for me. I lift for a good bit then I'm to tired to do anything but sleep.

Comment

Well I wouldn't class it as insomnia but I can easily wreck my sleep pattern. I can easily get to 5am and still not be sleepy and can usually push way past this as well. When I'm not tired it takes me the best part of 2~3 hours forcing myself to sleep which is not fun. As already suggested, either try to wear yourself out with some strenuous activities or exercise, or sometimes I'll just not sleep at all and keep pushing till I reach 9~10pm then go to sleep.

My wrecked patterns are usually caused by not having to get up at a reasonable time.

Comment

When I can't sleep I put on the cricket...

I'm actually very lucky, in that when I'm tired, I can fall asleep within minutes.
            Every now and then I work through the night, and feel fine for a while, until I just burn out, and can't help but sleep. Maybe try something like this?
            sigpic

Comment

Wank. Scientifically proven to help.

Comment

It works most of the time but I still only sleep about 3-5 hours at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by jagger916 View Post
                  Maybe try to exhaust youself. Works for me. I lift for a good bit then I'm to tired to do anything but sleep.
                  Originally posted by Stu View Post
                  Wank. Scientifically proven to help.
                  I think my problem at the moment is simply a lack of work. Due to my broken leg I've been off work for over a month, and apart from hospital visits, I can't do shit. It's been terrible weather recently and my crutches fly across the wet ground, so I can't even chill outside.

I went to sleep at about 9 this morning, and I anticipate worse today/tonight. Is it worth leaving it as-is and hoping it levels out eventually, or should I possibly see a doc? By level out, I mean since the time I sleep seems to progressively get later into the morning/day, eventually by that logic I'll end up sleeping at a regular time.

Comment

Get out of my thread. rofl.

Comment

I'll sleep when I'm dead.
                      Last edited by Malice; 07-16-2010, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Paranoid delusions kept me up until 3.00 AM. Baby decided daddy needed to play with her at 4.30. I feel like my eyeballs are being sand papered and I hate you all.

Comment

Get out of strip club 2:55AM

Go to friends house 3:25AM

Go home 4AM

Talk to friend who is staying the night until she fell asleep 4:30AM

Went to bed at 5AM

It is now 9:30AM and I've been up for a hour.

Comment

I've had sleeping problems before, but I associated to school and work related stress causing my brain to not shut off because even though my eyes would be closed and my body was relaxed, my mind is wide awake, thinking about things that have to get done and how I'm gonna do them...

More recently, I've been turning to sleep aids to force myself to get into a natural sleeping habit since I haven't been in school for a semester and work has ramped down for the summer, but I'm still having problems sleeping normally.

Comment

Yeah I think mine could be stress too. I mean hell I sleep on a temper-pedic (worth the $3000 btw) but as you said Omega, I'm relaxed and eyes closed but my mind is still racing with shit I have to get done.

Comment

Working...
                              X