Old Horror movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Horror movies

I search for good zombie movies or horror films on youtube. So I found this one it's from 1973, called "Messiah of Evil" aka "Dead People". The whole movie is on one web page. No need to find part 1, part 2 etc. I thought it had scary moments in it, but no too happy with the ending. And the beginning of this movie has a really CRAPPY song.

This movie is about 1 hour and 30 minutes long
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I will not spoil the movie for anyone. I hate when people ESPECIALLY on YouTube tell the whole plot of the movie in a couple of sentences, spoiling it for everyone.

Anyone else found old horror films that are good???
    I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

I was watching Dead Alive yesterday and the whole movie was pretty badass i must say. There were things that made very little to no sense to me (Its more fun when you find it on your own ) but overrall it was good. Suprisingly it was directed by Peter Jackson lol very random but believe it or not he isnt the big time Lord of the Rings director that we all know. Check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzdg50y_ngg

Comment

My all time favorite is John Carpenter's "The Thing". Watched it as a kid and was amazed at the non-cgi effects.

I appreciated the homage to said film in Resident Evil 4. The "Colmillos" were obviously based on the alien husky dog...

The Exorcist is another great old horror flick.
      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
      sigpic

Comment

I saw these 2 movies, I think these are sort of popular. I meant movies that are not popular like the one I mentioned, it is not as good as the thing but I never saw it before.
        And I can't stand Peter Jackson's directing or whatever he does, He ruined Lord of the rings, king kong! Scenes too long and repetitive, but dead alive was ok.
        I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

Comment

Originally posted by Black~Crow View Post
          I saw these 2 movies, I think these are sort of popular. I meant movies that are not popular like the one I mentioned, it is not as good as the thing but I never saw it before.
          And I can't stand Peter Jackson's directing or whatever he does, He ruined Lord of the rings, king kong! Scenes too long and repetitive, but dead alive was ok.
          I read that the "The Thing" bombed at the box office, back in '82. So it wasn't really popular. It became popular later on. On the home video scene. But yeah, The Exorcist was very popular. That one was one of the first blockbuster horror films ever.

TLotR films.... I only saw them once each and never looked back. Not because I don't like them. It's just that they're too damn long.

I didn't like King Kong. It played out more like a WETA propaganda film (look at what we can do! CGi gorillas and dinosaurs!). The characters and story were extremely weak. Didn't care for any of it.

I also read that Jackson ruined "The Lovely Bones". But I wouldn't know. I never got around to seeing that film.
          Last edited by Pikminister; 08-01-2010, 03:12 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
            I also read that Jackson ruined "The Lovely Bones". But I wouldn't know. I never got around to seeing that film.
            I haven't read the book but the movie was bad. Very bad.
            sigpic

Comment

Jackson's pre-Frightners stuff was great. Heavenly Creatures, Braindead (Dead Alive), Meet The Feebles, and Bad Taste are all classics in their own right. I was happy he got to be successful with LOTR, he and Weta were due full success, but I didn't like it either.

I liked King Kong somewhat... you guys are being to critical about the Weta stuff, it's really a modern version of the original 30's film. But I do agree it was overly long. Lovely Bones was just uneven from start to finish. Tucci is great, and the main actress isn't bad either, but the film has other issues.
              Last edited by Rombie; 08-02-2010, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                I liked King Kong somewhat... you guys are being to critical about the Weta stuff, it's really a modern version of the original 30's film.
                The really curious way of looking at King Kong (Peter Jackson's, that is) is as if it was not just a faithful remake, but also a bit of a director's cut of the original. It's... strange...

Also, am I the only one who didn't really have a problem with its length and even grabbed the Extended Edition and thought that just made things even better?

Haven't seen The Lovely Bones yet, but I guess it has to be quite the mess if someone actually, with a straight face, can say they prefer Heavenly Creatures to it.

Comment

The problem with King Kong wasn't so much it's lenght but the fact that it was a wall-to-wall cgi fest that added absolutely nothing new to what you already knew about the myth/franchise... Other than that new Universal Studios Hollywood attraction, that is.

And Jack Black was terribly miscasted. Love him in other films but in this one, he was getting laughs for all the wrong reasons. His last line got ppl laughing when I went to see it.

It's not a bad film, though. It's pretty decent. Me personally, I wished Jackson had used more practical effects than the ones he used.
                  sigpic

Comment

Carn - Yeah, I have the extended edition too. Personally as I said I did think it was overly long already, but I can also say some of the added scenes in the extended cut are better than some of the stuff in the original cut.

There are definenly worse films out there abusing CG. The film is mostly consistant too, but some of the work is ropey in places when a lot is on screen, and mostly because they crammed so much CG work into a short turn around. But the way the 1930's CG NYC was done, as shown on the extended's extras, is an amazing piece of programming for CG elements.
                    Last edited by Rombie; 08-03-2010, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X