No announcement yet.

You don't have to worry about 2012.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We do have the potential for wiping ourselves out. Nukes being the obvious ones, but a man made pandemic virus could do a great deal of harm as well. The potential exists, and is something we should all be aware of.

...which means stop talking about all the bullshit ways we could kill ourselves, news people. You talentless bastards. Try giving us some truth. And hey, maybe you could try the odd bit of good news rather than which celeb is fucking over there spouse and who else has been murdered and all the usual shit?

Comment

Yeah the Mayans laugh at this 2012 bullshit. They worry more about getting rain on their crops. Besides, they didn't meant 2012 or whatever to be 'the end' but a new beginning or just another chapter in human history.

I just find it funny that Jehova's Witnesses keep changing the date for the end of the world.

Oh and there have been a lot more than 2 dates set for the end of the world (2000 and 2012). It seems that there are more than 200 of them. Some go back to the time before Jesus was born.

Hello! We're still here!
      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
      sigpic

Comment

I want humans on other planets b4 I die and I will be happy. Mars, Pluto anything. I want us to find life out there, my god it would change everything. It would be amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Humor Tumor View Post
          Agreed, I heard the same thing in a science magazine. The best 2012 has to offer is Elder Scrolls V (I think it will be delayed). And the movie was already bad enough for 2012.

And I should check out that episode, sounds interesting.
          Either that or the PS4 and Xbox 720 will be released. It seems each generation of video games has a 6-7 year lifespan.

PS1 released in late 95 - early 96, PS2 released in 2000, PS3 released in 2006, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
            nononononono what u meen, check out mass effect 3 trailer reapers goin to STOMP LONDON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REAPERS GONNA STOMP
            ...and nothing of value was lost...save for a few aliens.

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
            We do have the potential for wiping ourselves out. Nukes being the obvious ones, but a man made pandemic virus could do a great deal of harm as well. The potential exists, and is something we should all be aware of.

...which means stop talking about all the bullshit ways we could kill ourselves, news people. You talentless bastards. Try giving us some truth. And hey, maybe you could try the odd bit of good news rather than which celeb is fucking over there spouse and who else has been murdered and all the usual shit?
            The human capacity for destruction and eradicating itself is a bit different than someone claiming some holy damnation/salvation is coming and that the event has been predicted for thousands of years. If there was any truth to ancient 'prophecies' things would be able to be prevented, rather than saying "I saw that coming!" after an event has already happened. Humans are too preoccupied with what happens after death that they have to make up fairy tales and excuses for their behavior. If humans cannot evolve to survive whatever cataclysm we bring upon ourselves, that just proves we aren't the most advanced species on the planet after all. It's not like everything isn't going to perish at one point in time or another.
            Last edited by Bertha; 12-14-2010, 12:52 PM.
            sigpic
            Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I think the Reapers just wanted a go on the London Eye.

Comment

I've always been under the impression that humanity will kill itself. It seems to be the nature of humans to destroy what they create. And when you have nations run by morons that think nuclear warefar is the means of flexing your international muscles, then yes, I really believe humanity will destroy itself.

As for Doomsday theories, I've always liked the idea of the "I am Legend" portrayal. A cure for cancer destroys most of the population, and the planet is given a chance to basically heal and rebuild itself. I don't believe humanity should be totally wiped out, but I believe we need something like this. Some sort of "cleansing" event that gives the planet and animals a chance to recover. Animals and plants have a place here too, but I just feel that many people don't see it that way. So much of society is under the impression that because humans are the elite on Earth, they have the right to do as they please ripping apart forests for commercial things and hunting animals to the point of extinction.

2012 was something I really never saw as "the end of the world." I don't believe the world will end from something supernatural or be a product of religious annilation. No, the world will end naturally...Comet...Super virus...Et cetera.....Or by the Hand of Man.

|AA|
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xander Ashford View Post
                  I've always been under the impression that humanity will kill itself. It seems to be the nature of humans to destroy what they create. And when you have nations run by morons that think nuclear warefar is the means of flexing your international muscles, then yes, I really believe humanity will destroy itself.

As for Doomsday theories, I've always liked the idea of the "I am Legend" portrayal. A cure for cancer destroys most of the population, and the planet is given a chance to basically heal and rebuild itself. I don't believe humanity should be totally wiped out, but I believe we need something like this. Some sort of "cleansing" event that gives the planet and animals a chance to recover. Animals and plants have a place here too, but I just feel that many people don't see it that way. So much of society is under the impression that because humans are the elite on Earth, they have the right to do as they please ripping apart forests for commercial things and hunting animals to the point of extinction.

2012 was something I really never saw as "the end of the world." I don't believe the world will end from something supernatural or be a product of religious annilation. No, the world will end naturally...Comet...Super virus...Et cetera.....Or by the Hand of Man.

|AA|
                  Very well said

Comment

Oh, the movie I am Legend

Good movie, but not as good as the book sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by DONNIemo View Post
                      I want humans on other planets b4 I die and I will be happy. Mars, Pluto anything. I want us to find life out there, my god it would change everything. It would be amazing.
                      Personally I do hope that human beings do colonize other worlds before the Sun swallows Earth a gazillion years from now. Though I as far as I'm concerned, I don't think any of us will be alive when that happens.

But if DONNIemo is right and we are around when NASA colonizes another world. Then that's great then. But for now, we can still dream.
                      Last edited by Shadow Stalker; 12-15-2010, 10:42 PM.

Comment

I'd like to live on Mars...but hopefully it won't turn out like Doom.

Comment

Just do it with Rekall. Save yourself the trouble of actually going up there.
                          See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                          X