Merry Christmas All!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kruspe12 View Post
    Sorry to be a bit off-topic, but my Christmas celebrations have been cut short.

We are having a huge flood here, and my access to town has been completely cut off. The pictures below were taken yesterday, before it even hit it's peak overnight. This morning the rivers are even higher, so I will go down and take more pictures for you to see. This is only about 2 streets away from where I live

Pretty scared
    Wow I knew it was bad but this is nuts. I hope your staying ok

Comment

we are ok here. Still isolated. Cant get supplies. The high school across the road has become a shelter for those left homeless. A helicopter landed in the school grounds to air lift someone to hospital before. It has been a rather eventful last couple of days.

Comment

Cara, I'm glad to hear you guys are holding out, and I hope you're able to get some supplies.

Comment

Thanks guys. Just to let you know the water has gone down enough that we can get in to town. The Prime Minister came here yesterday to see the damage. The next few months are going to be tough. The whole city centre went under, so a lot of businesses shut. 400 homes evacuated. So everyone understands how bad this flood was, the size of it across the state is the same size as Germany and France put together.

Comment

First the Ashes, now floods. Is there no end to Ricky Ponting's madness?
            See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
            X