Pete Postlethwaite dies aged 64.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete Postlethwaite dies aged 64.

Today I'm saddened the hear about the death of one of Britain's best character actors. Rest in peace, Pete.

Oscar-nominated British actor Pete Postlethwaite has died in hospital in Shropshire at the age of 64, a spokesman announces.
    See you in hell.

RIP

His performance in "In The Name Of The Father" was so moving. He will be missed.
    sigpic

Comment

I always seem to recognize him through out all my years of watching film but never really knew the dude, just one of those "I know that actor" actors but damn, he was really good in The Town.

Comment

I always remember him for Obadiah Hakeswill in Sharpe. Guy creeped me out when I was younger. Excellent actor who shall be missed.

Comment

He shall be truly missed...

Rest in peace.
          Freedom of Information.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
            I always remember him for Obadiah Hakeswill in Sharpe. Guy creeped me out when I was younger. Excellent actor who shall be missed.
            Yeah, same here. "Sharpie", haha.
            See you in hell.

Comment

I will always remember him from Jurrasic Park. Shame that this year already we had to go out with a great actor with so many films under his belt. RIP Pete.

Don't forget, "Yes mother!" his character performance with the photo in the hat. Utterly brilliant.
              Last edited by Zombie Fred; 01-03-2011, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

- Skip to 3:10 in and enjoy.

"You sir, are no gentleman."
                Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 01-03-2011, 09:08 AM.
                See you in hell.

Comment

NOOOO!!!!!!!

Not Pete. I always liked his appearences, and he was great in Sharpe. Sad to hear that he is no longer with us.

Comment

I just watched him a few days ago in Clash of the Titans. I had no idea he was even sick.

Fuck cancer.

Comment

For some odd reason several years ago I thought he'd actually died, and then he started popping up in things so I realized he was still alive. Wish that was the case again this time, but no such luck. He's been in 2 great films during 2010, The Town and Inception. Great way to go out though.

Fred - As Tembo, I honestly believe he was the best thing about The Lost World by far. When the ingen crew arrive on the island at first and he has that big rant about being in charge which is awesome, but the scene where they have the t-rex and Hammond's nephew is all excited but he's lost his friend to the raptors is the best, when he's offered the job in San Diego. He burns him hard knowing exactly whats going to happen next.

"No, thank you. I believe I've spent enough time in the company of death."

Comment

I was very saddened to hear he died and a little freaked out to be honest since I had just watched AlienĀ³ (Assembly Cut, of course) the day before.

RIP, Pete.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                          Co-sign, I was gonna post that line
                          William Frederickson used creep me out too.
                          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

When I first read the name, I didn't know who this guy was ... until I clicked on the link Mr. Spencer posted on the first post in this thread. A saw a picture of him and it turns out that I knew this guy for his role in The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Alien 3!!!

Rest In Peace Pete.

Comment

Great actor, was really sad to find out that he'd passed away. Always loved his performance as 'Kobyashi' from 'The Usual Suspects'.

He really was the greatest character actor I've ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                              X