Your Favourite TV Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by himher_elle View Post
    Dexter: The las seasone may have been a bit... meh, but still, great character
    I wonder what they got up their sleeves for next season. The hype for last season was pretty big, I wonder if it will be this time. To be honest I doubt it.
    Freedom of Information.

Comment

After a long while I finally got into watching White Collar. Love the premise of the story and the pairing of Peter and Neil, awesome stuff and it's got some truly fall out of your chair laughing moments.

Comment

I tend to dilute my tastes in television down to The Simpsons and Twin Peaks. I don't watch much TV nowadays.

Comment

Tosh.0
          South Park (here and there)
          Family Guy (same as South Park)
          and my favorite Bored To Death. Bored To Death season 1 on Blu-Ray is awesome.

Comment

^No Scrubs? You dissapoint me.
            sigpic

Comment

I'd also like to add Star Trek: The Next Generation.
              See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                ^No Scrubs? You dissapoint me.
                Oh, how could have I forgotten about Scrubs? I don't know. Probably because the newer season (without JD) sucked complete ass.

I miss the good Scrubs.

Comment

^I was talking about Scrubs as a series. The last and final season was like a spin off so don't count it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Dexter: The las seasone may have been a bit... meh, but still, great character
                    The character development for Dexter is top-notch, though the producers get a little out-there with overall presentation. Some stuff is so unbelieveable, even for T.V. standards, and some elements are getting tired, like "When will Deb find out?", "Will Dexter ever find true love?", "Bay Harbour butcher?", etc.

There were more than a few moments within the last season which I thought were great, others, not so much. I love this show, but it's time to put it to rest. The television character, Dexter Morgan, will never be a human being. Stop trying, already.

Back on topic, i've watched too much television, over the past year or so...

I'm really into 'Shameless' (US). I'm not a fan of the UK version, it seems like a soap opera, to me. The US version is simply fantastic. Well, most of it, anyway; I have a feeling it will get old... might as well enjoy it while I can.

Also, still into Californication, though i'm steadily losing interest. I want to watch Hank Moody get laid by countless women, chain-smoke cigs like a factory, drink like a fish and still have a productive life all while cracking some sick jokes. There's just too much going on to really care anymore.

Two and 1/2 Men is getting old, too. Like the character Hank, I want to watch Charlie do stupid shit, not really stupid shit, like getting married, for example.

Tosh.0 so gay. Come out of the closet, already; nobody makes that many gay jokes without being homo. I gotta admit, though, I love the fact this guy simply doesn't give two shits.

Thumbs up to John Stewart and Stephen Colbert. Although sometimes bland, their writing staffs still has the goods.

The Crow: Stairway to Heaven... never had a chance to watch this, before, and i'm kinda glad. Some network has been playing these one-season-but-cancelled shows really late at night, and i've watched more than a few. Cheesy! The scripts are horrible, but I can't stop watching. Guess I like to original movie too much.

I don't care to admit that i've seen every single episode of the X-Files. I also don't care to admit that I love every one of them, even the ones without Mulder.

The Walking Dead was surprisingly good, despite the fact it's a sitcom about zombie apocalypse. My only disappointment was the amount of episodes per season and the amount of commercials per episode. That many goddamn commercial advertisements, in one hour?! To hell with that.
                    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I did notice a lot of shows seem to be going from 45 minutes with 15 minutes of adverts down to 40 minutes with 20 minutes of adverts. I do not approve of this trend. I never watch adverts anyway (thank you, Sky Plus box) but there are some episodes you can really feel the 5 minutes they cut out to make more room for adverts.

The Walking Dead was especially bad. Not because of the length, but because in the UK they had this hideous man perfume advert for Joop Gloop or some such shit with the scantly clad prat dancing around and being smothered by a woman who apparently only loves him for his smell, which was really jarring comapred to the atmosphere created in the Walking Dead. Especially the horrible, horrible music.

Comment

What's actually the worst is syndication of TV shows designed around ad breaks and the local broadcast don't use those scene cuts for their own breaks but instead start cramming in their own randomly timed breaks... now that's annoying!

Anyway,

Still enjoying "Community", the amount of layers they have on some of the humor there is just fantastic. Season 2 started out a bit slow, but besides that it's been all good. Finding a lot of it to pretty much be comparable to Arrested Development in terms of cleverness and lasting appeal.

It's not my ZOMG FAVORITEST FAVORITE, but it's without a doubt one of the better things to've spawned in recent day and age.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                          Finding a lot of it to pretty much be comparable to Arrested Development in terms of cleverness and lasting appeal.
                          I'm definetely going to check this out.
                          sigpic

Comment

The show does some stuff (a lot, actually) that some people might not easily catch onto (general character development, odd background details, sometimes deliberately overdoing guest actors or forcing in "annoying/awkward" things that sadly a lot of people find "cool" in other shows, planting weird details/facts/bits of information for use in later episodes, weirdo references, etc.)

Comment

Literally the only things I will bother to watch anymore.

1. Being Human
                              2. Dexter
                              3. Southland
                              4. Tosh.0
                              5. UFC Unleashed
                              6. Cowboy Bebop
                              7. East Bound & Down
                              8. Curb your enthusiasm
                              Last edited by REmaster; 03-07-2011, 05:18 PM.
                              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                              Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

1.Miami Vice
                                2.Psych
                                3.House M.D.
                                4.WWE Tough Enough
                                5.Two and a Half Men
                                6.Pawn Stars on History Channel
                                7.Family Guy
                                8.All in the Family(Archie Bunker)
                                9.The Walking Dead
                                Last edited by BrionIrons; 03-07-2011, 05:49 PM.
                                sigpic
                                www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

Working...
                                X