Health/Fitness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health/Fitness

I don't think there are any of these threads on here so I thought I'd make one. Its for anyone who wants to talk about health/fitness in general. Here's my question:

I'm trying to get in shape before June and was wondering if anyone has advice on how to do it in the fastest way possible. So far I do about 30 mins of cardio, 10 mins of jump rope, jumping jacks, squats, weights, and crunches everyday and take a one day break each week.

I'm seeing results, but not as much as I'd like to see. I've also restricted my diet to two meals a day (oatmeal for breakfast and a 300 calorie dinner.) and I'm drinking plenty of water, although sodas are my weakness (drink 2 a day). Do protein shakes help? and is there anything I can do to burn fat faster?

If anyone has any advice, that'd be great.

It depends if you're going for slim do lots of cardio like you are now and buy creatin protein it substituts as a meal and keeps you full at about 120 calories per serving and kill the soda it equals big gut lol
    "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

Originally posted by Jill4EverSTARS View Post
      It depends if you're going for slim do lots of cardio like you are now and buy creatin protein it substituts as a meal and keeps you full at about 120 calories per serving and kill the soda it equals big gut lol

Definitely going for slim. I'll have to check out the creatin, I've been trying to find some things that are low in calories that will make me full for longer and that definitely sounds like something I should try out. I've gotten better with drinking the sodas lol I used to drink 8 a day and no water at all! It sucks when you get older and your metabolism catches up with you haha. I miss my 16 year old body. Thanks so much for the advice!

Comment

Lol no problem and don't be afraid to eat just eat the right things and in certain purpotion and you'll be okay

Comment

Haven't been to a gym or done activety in 9 years but i'm still at same weight I was back then, highest i've been is 12st atm I fluctuacte between 10st and 11st 7lb, i've felt myself getting tired quicker though over the last four years, I can't even sprint 400m anymore without getting knackered.
          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
            Haven't been to a gym or done activety in 9 years but i'm still at same weight I was back then, highest i've been is 12st atm I fluctuacte between 10st and 11st 7lb, i've felt myself getting tired quicker though over the last four years, I can't even sprint 400m anymore without getting knackered.

I've noticed the same thing as I've gotten into my 20's. You just can't do as much as you used to anymore. I used to play tennis on a regular basis and did shuttle runs for training without being breathless. Now, its really hard to get my exercise routine done without wanting to give up. Lucky you that your weight hasn't changed. I went from 120lbs to 136lbs. I've lost 5 pounds, but this rigorous exercise is beginning to take a toll on my body.

Comment

I hope that doesn't happen to me LOL I go to the gym on a regular basis but more for weight training the cold makes it annoying to play basketball so I'm waiting for the spring for that

Comment

Once you reach your 20's its like its all downhill from there. Actually its been scientifically proven that we reach our physical peak at 20 then after that it gets worse and worse Get used to the changes in your body. You won't have to worry about it so much, but I know the ladies here know what I'm talking about.

Comment

Lol I always thought the prime of a person was around 25-28 and then slowly they lose it

Comment

Originally posted by Jill4EverSTARS View Post
                    Lol I always thought the prime of a person was around 25-28 and then slowly they lose it
                    My psychology teacher taught us otherwise ;_;

Comment

Lol I'm only seven months away from losing it all

Comment

I use an indoor rower every so often for like 30 mins or so - I go slow for awhile then fast then back to slow etc.. works great for a full-body workout if you do it right.

Comment

I'm busy trying to find a way to loose weight. Unfortunately, I'm a big, fat bastard and only one leg, one arm and occasionally my back actually work, which makes any exercise...challenging.

Comment

You should start small like a diet and a good walk about 5 times a week and work from there

Comment

THIS LINK COVERS THE FOLLOWING TOPICS:

- Proven, effective exercise routines
                              - Diet
                              - How to lose weight
                              - How to gain weight
                              - Supplements

Comment

Working...
                              X