No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones Television Adaptation on HBO/BBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to throw this out there(something I've kept forgetting), but is anyone else tickled that Ser Jorah is being played by Paul Anderson's favorite non-cannon RE scientist/tyrant Iain Glen? It sure tickles me sense Ser Jorah is one of my favorites in A Song of Ice and Fire.

I've always liked him as far as an actor--but this certainly makes for being in those two shit movies. Glad to see he's got a great role for once. I recognized him when he first appeared in the show, but I didn't realize it was him until Mr. Spencer brought it to my attention. What a crazy world. That being said, I absolutely love him as Ser Jorah. Fits the role perfectly.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by valentinesdead?; 06-23-2011, 06:58 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

^ So THAT'S where I knew him from! Couldn't put my finger on it for some reason. He was decent in those awful movies but he's fucking perfect as Jorah Mormont. That's the one thing that I'll say about this show before anything else -- the roles were cast fantastically.

Comment

Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post
        And Darkmoon, yeah, the material isn't exactly clean or wholesome--which is another reason I love the series. I mean, not because of the lewd things themselves, but because of the tone it sets. It's more of a real world than something constructed on morale ideals and such. Or maybe I'm just screwed up mentally like the author himself. . .
        I don't mind smut if it's needed, and most of the stuff in a Game of Thrones was. Creepy incest scene pretty much set up the story, for example. Some were utterly random and unneeded, and the difference in both number and length of male and female shots did start getting a little high after a while. I think we've seen one dude's swinging cod and two asses compared to the Gods alone knows how many full frontals of naked woman. You'd quite often see naked or near naked woman getting accosted by near fully clothed dudes. I know sexism is part of the world, but it really starts piling up after a while.

Comment

Especially the Spoiler:
          . Seriously, what the heck was that? I don't think I will settle with any justification of showing such a scene - I don't care if it tries to explain the character of Littlefinger, it's still pretty ridiculous. Are you telling me that the dark woman had an orgasm...?
          Freedom of Information.

Comment

I think she was meant to, yes. It was kinda hard to laugh. My wife and I were busy giving them some tips on how to do it better and laughing, so I wasn't paying that much attention.

Comment

Yea, I do agree about the balance of penis vs vagina being tipped to the latter's side. The books are rather more balanced in the light of its imagery. More man cock from someone that isn't Hodor would be nice.

i.e. the lesbian scene was definitely over the top--we'll do it because we can. I certainly don't care about that part in the scene--just how well Littlefinger got over.

And gotta say that Dany's actor has some real guts given how almost half the time she has to be in the nude. She totally has my respect. But she has done a phenomenal job as well--just like Vector mentioned. The cast is just so damn good, after all. I think my only real complaint as far as casting would be the Hound. He's not really supposed to be someone who's sorta likable. Plus, more disfigured and grotesque. Honestly, The Hound in the series looks fairly normal. That, and I really, really dislike the extra spunk they've written in for Shae. It just irritates me as more of a political agenda motivation than adapting her character properly. The series already has enough strong women characters, so, I fail to see the point in the change. And I think I'm pretty reasonable as far as far as tolerating changes.
              Last edited by valentinesdead?; 06-24-2011, 03:08 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, comparing the amount of genitalia compared to say, Spartacus: Blood and Sand, there is a big difference. There is cocks all over the place in that show. It's difficult to get through an episode without seeing at least 5 cocks. A lot of boobs and vag as well, don't get me wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen a TV show with that much cock in it.

Comment

They really should have a comparable amount of each, if they're going to be smutty.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                    I don't mind smut if it's needed, and most of the stuff in a Game of Thrones was. Creepy incest scene pretty much set up the story, for example. Some were utterly random and unneeded, and the difference in both number and length of male and female shots did start getting a little high after a while. I think we've seen one dude's swinging cod and two asses compared to the Gods alone knows how many full frontals of naked woman. You'd quite often see naked or near naked woman getting accosted by near fully clothed dudes. I know sexism is part of the world, but it really starts piling up after a while.
                    This show didn't need it, it was all about driving to crime scenes, pursuing scum and lots of high speed chases.

My kind of television show.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                      don't get me wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen a TV show with that much cock in it.
                      Good thing or bad?
                      Freedom of Information.

Comment

Was there some law changed that allows cocks to be shown on TV shows now or something? Because I've gone 28 years without ever seeing one in any show I think, and now I watch two new shows that have done it.

What amazes me me is apparently Sparticus on DVD/Blu-ray has scenes that were removed because they weren't suitable for TV, but the last episode I watched fully showed a man strung up with his cock chopped off. WTF is in those removed scenes then? Probably something silly like an erect cock, but whatever.

So when is series 2 of Thrones?
                        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post

So when is series 2 of Thrones?
                          Apparently there aiming to starting shooting A Clash of Kings in the fall, so I think it'll starting airing around the same time next year as this year. A little surprised at that since I thought they might take more time, but considering there adapting something instead of writing from scratch, it makes sense.

But I should say, there is a bit of a potential problem with this. The fifth book, A Dance with Dragons, is finally coming out after 5 years. There's 2 books left in the series--The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring. Hopefully Martin will be up to the task of getting these next two out by the next 5 years time. He did the first 3 books within that same span of time, so its certainly doable, I suppose. Though some people fear he''ll die before he finishes the series. I'm not so pessimistic, but still, now he's got a ton riding on capping off two books in the time it took him to finish Dance. Not exactly the most favorable odds.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well if he doesn't have them done they'll probably do what animes of mangas do and get up to where the books are then write there own story onwards.
                            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

That's really what I hope doesn't happen. I think the guys who are scripting the episodes are apparently fine writers in there own right, but I wouldn't trust them to be able to actually measure to completing the story that could match the authors original vision. George R R Martin himself writes one episode out of the season, actually. He wrote episode 8 "The Pointy End." My guess would be, since he is invovled with the show to a certain degree, would be that he would fill them in on what he plans to happen, and the show would take it from there. That option sucks too, since thad'd mean for me having to blackout the show, as the books are first for me. It woulld suck the joy that comes from the first time reading knowing what happens, and become quite trivial really. But, only time will tell. Hopefully, HBO and Martin have clear communication on the matter regardless.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                                Was there some law changed that allows cocks to be shown on TV shows now or something? Because I've gone 28 years without ever seeing one in any show I think, and now I watch two new shows that have done it.
                                It's been allowed for a while, so long as it wasn't erect. I think that's still illegal. But most shows don't do it because the male audience feels threatened and sad.

Comment

Working...
                                X