Another CG game movie - Tekken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tory View Post
    Tekken does have a story. Y'know, the Heihachi throwing his son off a cliff, and Kazuya returning the favor by making a deal with the Devil. Family issues and more family issues.

I'm very excited. The past two films based on Tekken were terrible.
    Thats a sub plot, not a story.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
      Thats a sub plot, not a story.
      No, I think it's the story. The whole game is centered around the Mishimas and them trying to destroy each other every Iron Fist Tournament. Now the other character stories, those are subplots.

Comment

Originally posted by Tory View Post
        No, I think it's the story.
        Which is why I said that Tekken has no story, the characters all have background stories to them and all, but as a whole the series has no real story goal.

Cept to make money of course.

Comment

Tekken's story is pretty much one colossal power struggle between different members of the same family, fighting over control of a company. That's about it. Everyone else is kind of irrelevant.
          See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
            Tekken's story is pretty much one colossal power struggle between different members of the same family, fighting over control of a company.
            ...You have no idea how much I'm laughing now. THATS the story behind this fighting game filled with people of all kinds of super abilities?

I cant help but feel it'd be more appropriate for Pheonix Wright and Edgeworth to step in and handle things in court.

Comment

CG movies have more potential than live action when it comes to video game adaptations.

*crosses fingers for it to be good*

Comment

All depends on the script though. If you have a rotten script then yer gonna have a rotten film.

Comment

I had the anime movie on VHS, it was terrible the only thing i remembered was when Heihachi threw a kid Kazuya off the cliff saying "Lion mothers throw their cubs off a blah blah and the ones that climb back up deserve to live" or something it's been 9 years since I saw it
                  "Admit it, you're going to miss this ass" - Chloe Frazer

Comment

I like how no one is willing to touch this topic after you brought up the anime movie.

Comment

Working...
                    X