X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not a remake. It's a prequel.
    sigpic

Comment

It's technically both in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

It's not a remake? Damn, looked almost identical to the original - this is good though, would rather see a prequel than a remake..

Comment

Still can't believe it is delayed in the UK for another two months. The Thing is my second fave film of all time and I'm dying to see this. I know general consensus is that its fairly average but that is what's expected really. At least none of the reviews have said its a disaster of the AVP proportions.

By the way if anyone hears of an 'address' of an 'alternate' screening if you get me then please PM me.
          "I've got 100 cows."
          "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
            Still can't believe it is delayed in the UK for another two months. The Thing is my second fave film of all time and I'm dying to see this. I know general consensus is that its fairly average but that is what's expected really. At least none of the reviews have said its a disaster of the AVP proportions.

By the way if anyone hears of an 'address' of an 'alternate' screening if you get me then please PM me.
            Same here, movie gets released on November 25th! Also I'm quite annoyed at the title change in my country which goes like this, in english of course: "The Thing FROM ANOTHER WORLD!" (NO SHIT SON!).

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Alright, well I got back from watching it a few hours ago with a friend. My impressions?....

Spoiler:

Comment

To watch or not to watch.. starts at 12:40am.. hmm

Comment

I'm a fan of classic Horror movies, especially Halloween and The Thing. The Thing was something that I absolutely loved and still do to this day. The trailer looks amazing and I honestly am hoping that it does the original John Carpenter film some justice. Gonna deffinetely have to see this one in theaters.

Comment

I saw it in theaters on opening night. It was better than I expected, towards the end I was mildly scared, which is surprising since movies don't tend to bother me.
                    Fission mailed.

Comment

Turned about to be much better then most prequels/remakes; seriously, Mary Liz really can kick ass.

Comment

Originally posted by BBboy20 View Post
                        Turned about to be much better then most prequels/remakes; seriously, Mary Liz really can kick ass.
                        Of course she can, she was Ramona Flowers in Scott Pilgrim vs the World. She has to, by definition, kick ass.
                        Fission mailed.

Comment

I'm going to see this tonight at Leeds town hall in a special on off UK screening as its not released nationally over here until 4th December. I've heard very conflicting opinions on the film but very much looking forward to it nonetheless.
                          "I've got 100 cows."
                          "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Forgot to add my two cents on this one...

Liked Mary Liz... but didn't cared about the rest of the incredibly bland and unmemorable cast of characters. The Thing 1982 had characters that you cared about (even if you found them hateful). Characters that you didn't want to see being killed. With the Thing 2011, I only got that same feeling with Mary's character.

The fact that they went with (mostly) CGi effects instead of practical creature effects was very disappointing. I've read that the director and script writer feel the same way about that. They were forced into using CGi by the studio it seems.

If they release a Bluray/DVD version that replaces the CGi crap with practical effects (they did film scenes using them), this one sure could be up for collecting. As it is, though... rental.
                            Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X