Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torchwood - Miracle Day

Anyone been watching this? Thoughts?

I saw no advertising for this and only just realised it exist a few days ago, kind of annoying it is airing in the US first. The actual show is ok, the americanisation is a bit bollocks but still feels pretty torchwood. The pacing of the overall story does not suit weekly to be continued style, series 3 airing back to back every night was much better.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

It was shown in the US first? I hope it had mostly US funding then, and my TV licence tax didn't go to fund this...

That said, so far it's been OK. I know Enrico is convinced they're gonna kill off Jack because the old writers are gone. Still, despite it's distinctly American flavour compared to the original series it's been fine. Occasional shark surfing, but no shark jumping.

Comment

Not as good as Children of Earth.
      See you in hell.

Comment

I'm liking it.

Comment

Irritated. Apparently we pay for half of it...and America gets it first. Something of a kick in the balls. Although someone was going on about Dr Who airing first in the States, which will piss me off - we pay for that one entirely.

Comment

I'm new to the whole Torchwood universe. I was not aware of the previous series, but I'm currently watching the show and I love it. I'm fond of both characters Harkness and Cooper. I'm rarely attracted to shows nowadays. I think I'll check out the other series after I'm done with Miracle Day.
            Last edited by Gambit; 07-25-2011, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Tory, if you haven't watched the new doctor who seasons start there. RTD was behind them as well and starting with season 3 they crossover with Torchwood every once and awhile. Also you get the origin of Captain Jack. They are all on Netflix.

So Episode 3 of Miracle day sold me completely on the new series. I love me some gratuitous man sex. Also I know Miracle day doesn't have the intensity of Children of Earth, but Children of Earth WAS WAY TOO INTENSE. It was a great piece of science fiction and television but 10 episodes of that would have driven me to suicide. Miracle Day has more of the tone from seasons one and two. It's dramatic, but more lighthearted. Episode 1 of Miracle day wasn't that good, but it had a lot of work to do by reestablishing and introducing characters while setting up the plot. I still liked it though.
              Torchwood is a very love/hate series. I'm one of the ones who loves it.

Comment

Very annoying as we're paying for it and the US gets it first.

Comment

We've always been subservient to America, I thought you knew this?
                  See you in hell.

Comment

This is a new level of bullshit though. In fairness, America is paying for half of it...but apparently Australia is getting it before us too.

Most irritating.

Comment

Doctor Who episodes used to take well over a month to be shown in America.
                      Stop complaining.

EDIT: Not to mention the fact that we don't have access to the BBC iplayer.
                      Last edited by BLSR1; 07-25-2011, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
                        Doctor Who episodes used to take well over a month to be shown in America.
                        Stop complaining.
                        You didn't pay for them, we do.
                        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

But we invented Doctor Who!

And you for that matter.
                          See you in hell.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                              This is a new level of bullshit though. In fairness, America is paying for half of it...but apparently Australia is getting it before us too.

Most irritating.
                              That's true, I'm waiting for the fourth or so episode to be come on.

However, that only seems to be because I have pay-t.v. and it's been sped-up to come over here. It's shown on UK-TV which is essentially the BBC's channel on the Austar and/or Foxtel services here (I'm with the latter service, which is now absorbing Austar).

Mainly due to the additional factor that BBC reps also told us the incorrect date/time repeatedly for Australia so the show came on a bit after the initial date they had provided for articles and/or press releases for magazines, websites here.

But if I recall correctly, England is still getting taxes and the like from here so I would really only say it would be fair for Australia to get it at around about the same time as you lot do whereas America would get Doctor Who before we did and it'd take sometimes half a year (after America finished it) before we would get to see them.
                              sigpic
                              Non-blurry Signature Version
                              Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Working...
                              X