Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notice of Action under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice of Action under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act????

Hi everyone, had a question if anyone has ever got this from comcast or anything like this before?

Notice of Action under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act

Abuse Incident Number: NA0000029250823
    Report Date/Time: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 19:21:57 -0700

Dear Comcast High-Speed Internet Subscriber:

Comcast has received a notification by a copyright owner, or its authorized agent, reporting an alleged infringement of one or more copyrighted works made on or over Comcast's High-Speed Internet service (the 'Service'). The copyright owner has identified the Internet Protocol ('IP') address associated with your Service account at the time as the source of the infringing works. The works identified by the copyright owner in its notification are listed below. Comcast reminds you that use of the Service (or any part of the Service) in any manner that constitutes an infringement of any copyrighted work is a violation of Comcast's Acceptable Use Policy and may result in the suspension or termination of your Service account.

If you have any questions regarding this notice, you may direct them to Comcast in writing by sending a letter or e-mail to:

Comcast Customer Security Assurance
    Comcast Cable Communications, LLC
    1800 Bishops Gate Blvd., 3rd Floor East Wing
    Mount Laurel, NJ 08054 U.S.A.
    Phone: (888) 565-4329
    Fax: (856) 324-2940

For more information regarding Comcast's copyright infringement policy, procedures, and contact information, please read our Acceptable Use Policy by clicking on the Terms of Service link at http://www.comcast.net.

Sincerely,
    Comcast Customer Security Assurance

Copyright work(s) identified in the notification of claimed infringement:

Evidentiary Information:
    Notice ID: 318-4664129
    Initial Infringement Timestamp: 30 Jul 2011 01:15:02 GMT
    Recent Infringement Timestamp: 30 Jul 2011 01:15:02 GMT
    Infringers IP Address:
    Protocol: BitTorrent
    Infringed Work: Bleach
    Infringed Work: Bleach
    Infringing File Name: Bleach
    Infringing File Size: 29964595536
    Bay ID: 07168f2c9cc299894a632713801eee8cae045784|299645955 36
    Port ID: 55668
    Infringer's DNS Name:
    URL (if applicable): http://tracker.publicbt.com/announce
    Infringer's User Name:
    Last edited by doublexl; 07-31-2011, 06:35 PM.

Stop downloading shitty anime?
    See you in hell.

Comment

....people still use torrents?
      sigpic
      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

lol, ya it is shitty wasnt for me , I dont like anime at all. is there anything i can do to get around this or anything else better then torrents , I tought thats what people use lol.

Comment

Originally posted by doublexl View Post
          is there anything i can do to get around this or anything else better then torrents
          DVD.
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

You buy legally and, shockingly, crap like this doesn't happen.

Comment

true, but to tell ya the truth I am not the only one on the internet that does this, and I am not the only one that has gotten this email. everyone else just hasn't got caught yet lol.

Comment

It depends on your location. They did it for awhile here in Taiwan about 5 years ago, the only person they locked up was the guy sending the notices (who was probably bribed by the RIAA or MPAA or whatever). Probably some "entrepreneurial" Chinese guy who thought he had found an easy way to make money, only problem was he went after college kids which is like an attack on society here, it didn't go down well at all.

In the west its taken a whole lot more seriously but still easy to get away with from what I hear if you watch what you download (no "small company's pro pinball 3d" for example) and block dodgy IP addresses (you can download a list of those from many places). There's also a few black hat methods going around where they'll happily try and extort you out of cash for downloading illegal software..so yeah best buy legit stuff only!

Comment

If you simply must use digital distribution, you can get no more reputable than Steam.

That said, Rockstar pulled some sneaky shit on there when they released the Max Payne games. Even though they were allegedly some hacked versions or something like, I don't know the specifics but there was something dodgy about it.
                  Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 08-01-2011, 10:20 AM.
                  See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                  X