England riots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• England riots

Can't believe the idiots are kicking off because a drug dealer who was armed was shot by police who were acting in self defence. Not a rightful protest at all, burning down buildings, smashing shops in, nicking shoes, bikes etc. Just another show of the yobbish youth we have nowadays jumping on the bandwagon because they can get some free shit. They should send the Army in.

Rioting has spread across London with cars and buildings set alight on a third night of unrest, with trouble flaring in other English cities.

Hopefully they'll do some improvements to the place.
    See you in hell.

Comment

Normally wouldn't give a toss, but really annoys me with a bunch of snotty nosed little shits with no respect for authority who just want to smash windows in and steal stuff. They are happy to burn people's livelihoods to the ground and even attempt to burn cars with young babies inside. They gave up their civilian rights when they started brandishing weapons, and they are now terrorists. Send the Army in, and shoot the lot.

Originally posted by European Convention on Human Rights Article 2

Article 2 protects the right of every person to their life. The first paragraph of the article contains an exception for the lawful executions, while the second paragraph provides that death resulting from defending oneself or others, arresting a suspect or fugitive, or suppressing riots or insurrections, will not contravene the Article when the use of force involved is "no more than absolutely necessary".
      Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 08-08-2011, 04:23 PM.

Comment

I was tempted to mate a topic about this the other day, but I didnt think it was really my place to do so as I'm on the other end of the pond.

Once again, I agree with Alexia, "Howard Johnson is right!'.

Comment

Ridiculous at the moment, little gobshites burning people's cars, homes, businesses (they burnt an off-licence with 3 flats on top apparently), no fire engines or anything. Gonna have to use force or it'll give the impression it's okay and you can get away with this. Birmingham are at it now as well.

Oh, and nice addition to your signature, John.

Edit: Amended the title because it's spreading everywhere now. Latest rumors are that the Birmingham rioters have attacked a children's hospital.
          Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 08-08-2011, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Are these people alive or dead?

Comment

Which people?

Comment

There's civil unrest. This is like SimCity.
                See you in hell.

Comment

It's all a big excuse for people to cause mayhem and burn shit up, I think it's great, I'm sorry if that offends anybody, but I do. I love watching footage of riots and people basically going at each other like in Braveheart. It's a shame that people are taking advantage of this mess and looting places.

Comment

Probably easy to say when it doesn't endanger you. There's been some rumors of people doing it in Leicester now, trying to loot the Highcross Centre. Riots, interesting to watch. I'd say this is more akin to terrorism, blowing tons of shit up, hitting police with metal bars etc. They're not just attacking police, they're attacking and stealing from civilians, and that's where it crosses the line. It's like pillaging a village in Mount and Blade: Warband. Invade, set fire to everything, and steal people's shit.

Comment

It's awful. I've been watching all night. Cameron needs to get his fucking act together and get the army in now. It's too big for the police.

The most horrifying thing for me was when they showed a group of yobs essentially pick at random a house to ransack. They smashed the back door in and all went in, about 6 - 7 of them. I was praying that house was empty and god forbid there were children inside.

Fucking yobs. Police have been told not to engage for fear of retaliation against the police force.

Joke.
                      Last edited by [STARS]TyranT; 08-08-2011, 05:10 PM.
                      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                        It's all a big excuse for people to cause mayhem and burn shit up, I think it's great, I'm sorry if that offends anybody, but I do. I love watching footage of riots and people basically going at each other like in Braveheart. It's a shame that people are taking advantage of this mess and looting places.
                        Would sort of expect someone who lives in a crime-ridden shithole like Brazil to have a bit more empathy with those suffering in London.

Comment

Dammit, Stu beat me too it.

Comment

Contrary to popular belief, not every city in the country has a large crime rate, that's in the capitals like São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro and other larger cities, while I live in a city with barely 30 thousand people.

I acknowledge that my post was immature and not very well thought of. I do think it's bad that civilians that have nothing to do with the riots are getting attacked and robbed and I hope this ends soon for their sake.

And yes, if it happened here I'd be standing in my front lawn with a hammer ready to bash in the brains of the first fucker who tried to get in my house.
                            Last edited by alexdz; 08-08-2011, 06:25 PM.

Comment

The first night's protest was fine...they weren't protesting that the guy was shot, but protesting how they were being treated (the police refused to release information, the area's top cop was supposed to meet them and didn't, etc) and given that the initial, non-violent protest is one thing.

This is something different. Some idiot decided to spark things off and now this shit is happening. People are just using it to loot and pillage and it's fucking stupid. I'd hold off on the armed forces - there's nothing like a few death to get a real riot going. But it does need to be stamped out, fast.

Comment

Working...
                              X