• Time
  • Show
Clear All

sings

In the burning streets of london xD

hahah

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
      People who live in Council houses who are convicted of being involved in the rioting will get kicked out, and it is going to go for debate now whether they will lose their benefits too after the e-petition got 100,000 signatures.
      Heinous idea. Let's take these people who're fucking up our streets - by putting them back on the streets.

There's ways of punishing these people, this ain't one of them.

Comment

I'm all for it to be honest. Why should working class people pay for skets houses, food and livelihood when the yobs are more than happy to ruin their way of life. If they have no interest in being a functional member of society, they can't expect that same society to support them. They obviously have no disability which prevents them from working otherwise they wouldn't have the strength to kick shop windows in.

At the end of the day, council houses and jobseekers allowance is meant to support those who cannot work, whether they can't find work, or cannot work due to disability, and council houses to support those who need them. Not an excuse for people who think the working class owe them a living and think they can terrorise those same people who provide for those benefits, and expect to still get them.

We all know which type I'm on about. The ones we see on telly saying there's no point in working because they don't have to. I am also all for the Government requiring those on Jobseekers to do voluntary work to get their benefit, so they still remain productive and don't lose self esteem, and to discourage the lazy chavs.
        Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 08-11-2011, 01:32 PM.

Comment

jobseekers allowance and then use it to buy a bottle of cider and drugs and loiter round parks all day and steal bicycles and things
          What? Sounds weird. Is allowance enough for drugs? Is it like 1000 pounds/per month or more?
          Last night there were 3 Asian men killed in Birmingham presumably by black men
          Black men are niggaz or caucasian? I know that where are a lot of niggaz in usa but in UK...
          I personally have no issue with as they felt their life was in danger and the European Convention on Human Rights defends tis
          In general the protest is right reaction because with such power every cop who don't like
          you, can kill kill you and put a knife/gun in your hands and drugs in your pockets. But what was the real reason of riot? What kind of idea these yobs have? Why they did not started the riot before - any random reason fits for them if they found that drug dealer's death was a good reason for riot.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDYARKLAY View Post
            What? Sounds weird. Is allowance enough for drugs? Is it like 1000 pounds/per month or more?
            The average s8ingle person will get about £250 a month, plus there rent paid. you get more for children and such.

Black men are niggaz or caucasian? I know that where are a lot of niggaz in usa but in UK...
            Andy is taking a holiday. How long a holiday will be decided when I return. It's set to a month for now.

In general the protest is right reaction because with such power every cop who don't like
            you, can kill kill you and put a knife/gun in your hands and drugs in your pockets. But what was the real reason of riot? What kind of idea these yobs have? Why they did not started the riot before - any random reason fits for them if they found that drug dealer's death was a good reason for riot.
            The reason this whole thing kicked off is more or less that the cops aren't talking about it. And are possibly lying - initially, they inisted he'd fired first but the bullet turned out to be theres, so it's possible he didn't fire at all. It's not even been clarrified where his gun was. And the police officer in charge of the area stood the people trying to get answers up.

Comment

Well, that was random.

A defiant grandmother stood like a beacon of hope amid the wreckage of Wolverhampton city centre. Courageous Louise Johnson refused to move from outside her hairdressing salon as scores of rioters rampaged down Queen Street looting stores. The 52-year-old mother-of-four who has five grandchildren, faced the baying mob with arms outstretched as they threatened to destroy her business. As police in riot gear watched motionless from either end of the street she screamed: "You are not having my shop."

Good on that woman for standing up to them. I love the Mayor of Wolverhampton, he is so old skool British. "Gee' yourself up. Come and be straight, bring all the stuff back that yer pinched. If you've pinched anythin', bring it back". Don't usually hear the word "pinched" except from polite older people.
              Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 08-12-2011, 01:41 PM.

Comment

she kicks much ass

Comment

Now we know the true descendant of Gandalf.

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                    If this gets the borders closed it is worth it in the long run.
                    I missed this one. Why on Earth would this do anything with immigration? It's British people causing the problems. As far as I know there are fairly few immigrants rioting, and quite a few, such as the dude who got mugged and the woman who had to leap from her burning home as some English thugs set it on fire, who are victims of all this bullshit.

Of course, I'm biased because my wife is an American immigrant and seeing people telling me with a straight face how everything would be fine if we just sent all them foreignness back to where they came from pisses me off no end, but this just seems utterly random.

Comment

Well, not all are British. A lot of the stuff in London was from white/black people from gangsta backgrounds and the Birmingham stuff was very race orientated. There was actually a racial incident at work last week when an Asian member of staff commented to a black one about being "suprised he wasn't out looting, know what your type are like, shooting a gorilla" and all sorts. So it's not like race has no part in it at all.

Comment

And how, exactly, will 'closing the borders' make everything better? Yeah, there's a few race issues - but the vast majority is British folks (white, black, asian, whatever...being white isn't required for being British) smashing shit up and stealing it. Not those damned dirty foreign people, taking all the jobs...we don't want to do...and of course stealing all our benefits. While taking our jobs. Huh.

Yeah, I am irritable about this. Why? Because I've read some of the Nazi speeches from the 1930's about how it's all someone else's fault, how they've caused all these problems, and I'm becoming more and more ashamed to live in a country that seems to be willingly dancing it's way alone the same path in some places. It's always someone else's fault - blame them, demonise them, make them them and something other than human and somehow everything will be better soon. Sure, once they've stopped coming in things will improve, and will get better, but of course you have all those people in the country already. Polish, Blacks, Muslims, Jews, Indians, Pakistanis...all here, taking all our jobs, and all our benefit already. Guess we'd best be rid of them too. After all, it's not like we'll be getting rid of proper, respectable white British people...

But hey, who am I, the student of history, to try and point out how well that plan worked out last time? But every time I read shit like this, I am filled with utter shame that people have forgotten one of the things half a generation of British people, and Candian people, and French People, and Indian People, and Australian people, and African people, and American people died to stamp out. The horror of blaming everything on the 'other', of making people less than human. Utter shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                          And how, exactly, will 'closing the borders' make everything better? Yeah, there's a few race issues - but the vast majority is British folks (white, black, asian, whatever...being white isn't required for being British) smashing shit up and stealing it. Not those damned dirty foreign people, taking all the jobs...we don't want to do...and of course stealing all our benefits. While taking our jobs. Huh.

Yeah, I am irritable about this. Why? Because I've read some of the Nazi speeches from the 1930's about how it's all someone else's fault, how they've caused all these problems, and I'm becoming more and more ashamed to live in a country that seems to be willingly dancing it's way alone the same path in some places. It's always someone else's fault - blame them, demonise them, make them them and something other than human and somehow everything will be better soon. Sure, once they've stopped coming in things will improve, and will get better, but of course you have all those people in the country already. Polish, Blacks, Muslims, Jews, Indians, Pakistanis...all here, taking all our jobs, and all our benefit already. Guess we'd best be rid of them too. After all, it's not like we'll be getting rid of proper, respectable white British people...

But hey, who am I, the student of history, to try and point out how well that plan worked out last time? But every time I read shit like this, I am filled with utter shame that people have forgotten one of the things half a generation of British people, and Candian people, and French People, and Indian People, and Australian people, and African people, and American people died to stamp out. The horror of blaming everything on the 'other', of making people less than human. Utter shame.
                          I agree completely...

It's the benefit of having immigrants in your life and being an immigrant at some point in your life, that gives you an insight of the bigger picture...I wouldn't really call it bias if you ask me.
                          Last edited by Kaneco; 08-15-2011, 12:33 PM.

Comment

I have only one issue with immigrants, and that only applies to some. The ones who cannot/will not speak English. I've got no qualms with them as people, but I'm of the opinion that if you're going to live and work somewhere, you should at least know the language. That's my only issue.

With these riots, I'm actually pretty amused. It puts everything into perspective, how my country overreacts in comparison to others. All the shootings in the US didn't spawn anything near this level of a reaction. The shooter in Norway who killed like 100 people, I'd have expected the public to be pissed because the police didn't kill the son of a bitch then and there. But here, the police shoot one person who pointed a gun at them, and we riot for a week. I don't understand it. It's pointless, and while a new TV wouldn't go amiss (My 19" doesn't really cut it) I don't see why people would go out and steal all this shit.

There's definitely an underlying problem though. I think the shooting was just the last weight to tip the scales.

Comment

Originally posted by Summoner View Post
                              I have only one issue with immigrants, and that only applies to some. The ones who cannot/will not speak English. I've got no qualms with them as people, but I'm of the opinion that if you're going to live and work somewhere, you should at least know the language. That's my only issue.
                              I kinda agree with this, I will admit. If you want to keep your own language, customs, dress and religion? Absolutely fine. But you should at least be able to communicate in the country you live in. It just seems right.

Of course, I've run into a number of ex-pat Brits whose idea of learning the lingo is to shout louder, including a couple of family members. And the behaviour of British holiday makers is legendary...in how awful some of us are. So it does work both ways.

Originally posted by Summoner View Post
                              With these riots, I'm actually pretty amused. It puts everything into perspective, how my country overreacts in comparison to others. All the shootings in the US didn't spawn anything near this level of a reaction. The shooter in Norway who killed like 100 people, I'd have expected the public to be pissed because the police didn't kill the son of a bitch then and there. But here, the police shoot one person who pointed a gun at them, and we riot for a week. I don't understand it. It's pointless, and while a new TV wouldn't go amiss (My 19" doesn't really cut it) I don't see why people would go out and steal all this shit.

There's definitely an underlying problem though. I think the shooting was just the last weight to tip the scales.
                              Yeah, the shooting is really pretty unrelated to the events we've been having. The initial protest and riot was about that, but then various unpleasant criminal elements took over and started organising things. You can see two distinct groups in these riots...the carefully covered up ones hitting high end shops and the people out for destruction and the odd new shiny. None of them are demanding justice.

The original protest was fine. The police have been very bad with the handling of this case. They haven't made information public in weeks that is supposed to be public in days; they haven't even confirmed where the gun he (apparently) legally owned was, whether it was on him or in his hands. It doesn't appear as though shots were fired from his weapon. Yet the police initially claimed he fired first and was killed in self defence. So you can see why people would be a little upset.

And then, somehow, a tale started going around that the cops had beaten down a 17 year old girl and things went to hell.

Comment

Working...
                              X