1911 (2011) - US Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 (2011) - US Trailer

Now this is a movie to look foward to ... just by having jackie chan in it !! its going to be epic !!
    I am very very excited to see it.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

looks pretty cool

Comment

Boring.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
        Boring.
        you got no tast :3

Comment

This is going to be...interesting. I have only a passing familiarity with the Xinhai Revolution, but I know it ended up setting up several governments, none of which were effective, and causing a lot of turmoil for China until the communist take over (decide for yourself how much turmoil that involved).

It could be good, it could be an excuse to have lots of explosions and bits of people flying around, it could be propaganda exercise for the Chinese Government. Could be all three. Guess we shall see

Comment

The other day I tried watching The Three Kingdoms... I couldn't get even to the middle of it.

You see... the thing about Chinese movies... the actors are terribly hammy. Now I could deal with that watching Bruce Lee being that way. Because he could actually back-up all his bravado. But the actors in that movie were just annoying. My gawd it was so annoying.

So I dunno about this one.
            Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
            sigpic

Comment

I agree slightly with the boring comment - it's definitely no Hard Boiled, The Killer or A Better Tomorrow ;) I suppose those are HK movies though (which don't seem to be as good after the partial unification which a lot of people feel now was the wrong move). There's something about internal historically based Chinese movies which I don't like.. throw in a few Japanese and it can be more interesting.

I guess its an important moment of history though, the calendar here in Taiwan still starts from 1911 and its sometimes used for official documents which can be a pain in the ass (somehow I'm now born in the year 74)..

it could be propaganda exercise for the Chinese Government
              Yeah definitely with Jackie Chan on board.. I doubt they will be making a movie about Chiang Kai Shek anytime soon..

Comment

Working...
              X