X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama pulls his card...

------

His race car, more specifically.

Well, I knew this was coming. I wasn't expecting him to play the race card this soon though.

He's dividing the country by race in order to gain support, something I definitely am disgusted by. Why does he feel the need to pull this shit and try to make this election about race?

Its not about race, its about a guy who was hired to do a job and has done a really lousy job. plain and simple.

This quote in particular really pissed me off:

"Take off your bedroom slippers. Put on your marching shoes" . "Shake it off. Stop complainin'. Stop grumblin'. Stop cryin'. We are going to press on. We have work to do."

Marching shoes? The civil rights era ended over 30 years ago, we have equal rights now(and hopefully more same sex couple rights soon), this election is going to be about one thing: jobs.

As President he has done a really bad job with the economy, trusted the wrong people, and has piled up debt. This is his fault for making the wrong choices.

Yes the Republicans have been against him from day one, so what? The Democrats were against Bush before and before that the Republicans were against Clinton.

Both these fucking parties are always against eachother, thats nothing new.

What is new is that our economy has been shit since about 2007 or so and he was elected to improve it as he declared he would.

He hasn't, all the stimulus packages haven't done much of anything, and were just used to bail out the banks and failing companies that should have failed.

This is going to be one fucking ugly election year, its times like this all I can do is sigh and try to expect the worst.

My opinion? The president listened way too much and did almost nothing on their own (George and Obama both). They need to take more drastic action and leave certain things alone.

Comment

While it's disappointing that Obama would pull the race card at all, it does bear remembering that he's not exactly the first to do so...would his opponents have demanded to see the birth certificate of a white candidate? I would have liked to see the guy above it, in a similar way to how he seemed to avoid trying to slander opponents last term.

I don't think Obama has done that badly on the economy, but that might be because there are so many countries in the EU in a far worse state. The current set of governments got handed one grand clusterfuck and are having to take the blame for there predecessors mistakes now. The Euro has been a massive disaster for some countries, as the bigger ones essentially pull cash to themselves to hold on (the opposite of how it was meant to work, as I understand it).

But then, I'm not American and I try to avoid politics as much as possible. Pretty much every politician should be fired into the sun and the top 1000 people in the country who least want to rule made to form a government.

Tell you what, though - I'll trade you David Cameron for Obama. Sound fair?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
        While it's disappointing that Obama would pull the race card at all, it does bear remembering that he's not exactly the first to do so...would his opponents have demanded to see the birth certificate of a white candidate? I would have liked to see the guy above it, in a similar way to how he seemed to avoid trying to slander opponents last term.

I don't think Obama has done that badly on the economy, but that might be because there are so many countries in the EU in a far worse state. The current set of governments got handed one grand clusterfuck and are having to take the blame for there predecessors mistakes now. The Euro has been a massive disaster for some countries, as the bigger ones essentially pull cash to themselves to hold on (the opposite of how it was meant to work, as I understand it).

But then, I'm not American and I try to avoid politics as much as possible. Pretty much every politician should be fired into the sun and the top 1000 people in the country who least want to rule made to form a government.

Tell you what, though - I'll trade you David Cameron for Obama. Sound fair?
        Depends, if I get Cameron, can I spay him?

Comment

...you can spay him anyway, he's a conservative. We have enough of those kicking around.

Comment

No comment.
            sigpic

Comment

I hardly see how that's playing the race card. He's more appealing to the community of his largest supporters. It's more a call to arms, I think. Plus, didn't Sarah Palin pull the "Joe the Plumber" card constantly?

Double standards~

Comment

Originally posted by Vogue_Dirge View Post
                I hardly see how that's playing the race card. He's more appealing to the community of his largest supporters. It's more a call to arms, I think. Plus, didn't Sarah Palin pull the "Joe the Plumber" card constantly?

Double standards~
                Don't bring out Palin as an issue, shes not...well at least shes not in this election, she is an inbred pain in the ass who fails at life.

Obama is the president, and as the president this call to arms aimed at the black community especially really feels like hes trying to make race an issue on the election. I just cant not see him going towards that direction.

The thing is right now with the Tea Party having its share of fucktards and having been declared a highly racist organization since 2009 or so, it hasn't been as much of an issue with Obama while he's been president, but now its election year.

The Tea party is filled with people who are angry at the government for repeated fuck ups and filling their pockets with tax money that should be spent on the country, not on the people who run the government(as Naive as that sounds, that's what it supposed to be used for even though its not the case) and I really am wondering if Obama is going to try to declare the tea party as a racist organization itself and play against that with the Black community.

The economy is really bad everywhere and we're all suffering because of it in one way or another and really, I want the election to be about Jobs and the economy.

This is all just speculation on my part though, but this election is going to be really nasty and in the end we're all going to pay for it. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                  Don't bring out Palin as an issue, shes not...well at least shes not in this election, she is an inbred pain in the ass who fails at life.

Obama is the president, and as the president this call to arms aimed at the black community especially really feels like hes trying to make race an issue on the election. I just cant not see him going towards that direction.

The thing is right now with the Tea Party having its share of fucktards and having been declared a highly racist organization since 2009 or so, it hasn't been as much of an issue with Obama while he's been president, but now its election year.

The Tea party is filled with people who are angry at the government for repeated fuck ups and filling their pockets with tax money that should be spent on the country, not on the people who run the government(as Naive as that sounds, that's what it supposed to be used for even though its not the case) and I really am wondering if Obama is going to try to declare the tea party as a racist organization itself and play against that with the Black community.

The economy is really bad everywhere and we're all suffering because of it in one way or another and really, I want the election to be about Jobs and the economy.

This is all just speculation on my part though, but this election is going to be really nasty and in the end we're all going to pay for it. :/
                  I think he's making it a race issue. But not in a bad way, really. If that makes sense. He's speaking directly to them and being quite honest. It seems like he's alluding to the fact that the Black Community complains a lot about the way things are, but they do nothing for themselves to make a change. The President can only do so much.

IDK, to me it doesn't seem he's making it a race issue in regards to putting them against other races. He's making it a community issue directly.

Also the Tea Party are quite racist, though they hide it behind a very thin veil.

Comment

Also the Tea Party are quite racist, though they hide it behind a very thin veil.
                    Is the entire party racist, or is it just enough of them are that there's enough truth to say 'The tea party is racist'?

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                      Is the entire party racist, or is it just enough of them are that there's enough truth to say 'The tea party is racist'?
                      Well I am generalizing. I'm sure not every single one is, but they have displayed very racist tendencies.

Comment

Well I am generalizing. I'm sure not every single one is, but they have displayed very racist tendencies.
                        Do you have some examples? Sorry if I"m getting all anal but I actually am a little curious.

Comment

Where all born black and we all bleed red, some of us are just slower to reach our ticket to a sun tan.
                          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X