Dexter Season 6 Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scream View Post
    I'm glad someone other than me brought this thread back from the grave as that is where Dexter currently belongs.

Just watching this last night and can see how ridiculous it all is - not that it wasn't before, just this season is particularly appalling. Dexter walking around in broad daylight with a wanted murderer, even putting him up in a motel, going to his workplace which definitely doesn't have any cameras </sarcasm>, killing people on the beach, murderer also setting up highly elaborate death scenes in broad daylight.. Police department finally finding out people have IP addresses etc..

OK now that we established not to take it too seriously, the new geeky hacker guy does add an interesting plot element - he's obviously rich, perhaps not just from games but maybe even that search engine he told Dexter to use.. he also has the hand of doom which adds further intrigue.. don't think it ties in with this awful end of the world plot though, perhaps something for next season.
    Couldn't have said it better. And is it just me or that geek guy is really annoying? Like saying "Internet Protocol" makes him so much pro and awesome...?
    Freedom of Information.

Comment

Haha, I think they are placing special emphasis on that tech stuff so when they reveal the search engine record thing the n00bies will understand whats going on. At least thats my theory..

Comment

Dexter has been very sloppy this season, but they've been leading up to reasons why that is. We've known since season three that he's been more lenient with Harry's code. Because the flashbacks of his father's teachings have run their course I'm actually happy to see that Harry (and recently another character in Dexter's past) appear as a sort of conscience for him to talk to. I think for sure the best episode this season has been 'Nebraska' which demonstrated the loose cannon path Dex could have taken were it not for the things he learned from Harry and Brother Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
          I think for sure the best episode this season has been 'Nebraska'
          Agreed. Although it had it's flaws like the scene where Spoiler:
          sigpic

Comment

I think for sure the best episode this season has been 'Nebraska'
            That episode had the potential to save the season, if not the entire series. Think how awesome if Dex took his brother's path, or at least something in the likes. They had something going there, but they ruined it again. The series needs stuff like that, twists and turns; this is what made the earlier seasons so great. Not predictable and pointless twists that really aren't intriguing.
            Freedom of Information.

Comment

How are the 'twists' in season 6 pointless? Everything seems to fit around a general theme of Dexter lessons in faith and religion, and how it's affecting other people's beliefs. Everyone at some point in their life questions these things. Dexter also acts upon them. Like in the first episode of this season he wondered how a man that knowingly planned and murdered his wife can still believe in God and his will. "God forgives", which to me is a cop out of an excuse and I'm pretty sure Dexter felt the same way.

But then you have characters like Brother Sam who can see the darkness in Dexter and where Harry tried to channel his dark passenger into killing other evil people; Brother Sam wanted Dexter to forgive just as he had forgiven the man that shot him.

Now clearly I see a lot of people are not satisfied with this season. I'm happy with it, but it sounds as though people really want it to end soon because, like most great stories, there comes a point where the events are routine and have run their course.

This is how I feel about shows like CSI and Smallville and they eventually make me lose interest. But in Dexter's case I'm still attached to this character and I want to know more about him.

Comment

Have to say the whole Brother Sam thing didn't work for me - zero emotional response. Zero anything really.. when Deb says "ooh poor Dexter, you miss your brother Sam, oooh " haha I just had to laugh.

Comment

Considering that they said we'll get eight seasons of Dexter, I have to say about the last episode - I was thinking that some things could have happened to be bit of a shock.

But to sum up my thoughts on the episode... all I can really say is "Aw, shit." about the entire episode and the preview for the next one.

(Mainly because I can't say any spoilers or describe the episode without repeating "aw, shit").

To the people that have seen the latest one, thoughts (in spoilers please)?
                  sigpic
                  Non-blurry Signature Version
                  Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

It's not really shocking what happened, it's all obvious to me now that...

Spoiler:

Honestly I'm getting tired of Deb's whining/drama/emotional state. Then again I've been tired of her since season 1, lol.
                    Freedom of Information.

Comment

Spoiler:

Comment

I'll say it was about time they done that, have been waiting for it since season 3.

Spoiler:

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:
                          Freedom of Information.

Comment

The whole "Dexter is gonna get caught" is so old now (was much better in previous seasons).. this whole season has felt so damn forced, every aspect of it. Frankly, I'm very disappointed -we all know how its gonna go from here with the love story angle... tsk.. though knowing Dexter they'll surprise us somehow...well, hopefully..

Comment

Working...
                            X