Anyone want to buy scary stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want to buy scary stuff?

After consulting with my colleagues to check I can do this (yes, even I ask before advertising) I can send you lot off to shop.

A friend of mine owns a shop that focuses on horror stuff. He's currently trying to drum up business because, well, he needs cash and has his first kid on the way. He's a good friend so I thought if I could pimp his stuff out to you lot.

And when I say horror stuff, I mean a lot of horror stuff. Everything from books to DVD's (apparently he has the largest selection of horror in the UK, and has a massive selection of Asian movies and DVD's) to horror costumes;
    Click image for larger version

Name:	zombie-doctor-costume-19961-p[ekm]221x300[ekm].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	405990

To creepy hats!

Name:	horror-hat-third-eye-21557-p[ekm]221x300[ekm].jpg
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	405989

To board games!

Name:	gravediggers-board-game-20907-p[ekm]130x130[ekm].jpg
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	405991

But most of you folks will want the DVD's I suspect. Give him a visit, and tell him Jon sent you in the note at checkout - because I like it when he knows he owe's me.

Thanks guys.

Hey nice, Phenomena with the poster... I wonder if that's an uncut version too...

*Thinking about a certain series that inspired*
    sigpic
    Non-blurry Signature Version
    Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Some of those blu-rays are really cheap. I'll have a look when I get paid next.

Comment

Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
        Hey nice, Phenomena with the poster... I wonder if that's an uncut version too...

*Thinking about a certain series that inspired*
        If you mean this - http://www.wasteland-online.co.uk/phenomena-21681-p.asp - he believes it is, but hasn't watched it himself. I've looked around myself and it seems the Blu-Ray is the full version, though.

Comment

If complicated (and expensive) shipping wasn't an issue I would totally buy Big Tits Zombies. Just for the lolz.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

It is utterly hilarious. I'll see if he can do you some kinda shipping deal.

Comment

Board games, you say?

Space Hulk?
              See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                If you mean this - http://www.wasteland-online.co.uk/phenomena-21681-p.asp - he believes it is, but hasn't watched it himself. I've looked around myself and it seems the Blu-Ray is the full version, though.
                Ah, well there is an Australian one which seems to be an uncut one with extra footage on it. It's just that there's a few too many cuts of Phenomena/Creepers but I haven't found out if that particular version is uncut or contains the longer cut of the film.

The Anchor Bay DVD was released in 1999 and restored the actual title and all of the cut footage. But the hard integral/integral/original cut only has an extra couple of seconds and that is mainly of b-roll footage and is on some of the UK releases.

The blu-ray is complete and has the interview with Dario Argento.

The Australian one is uncut, complete and also has the interview with Dario Argento and I now can't seem to find it... DX

But if that UK one is the same as the blu-ray, then I might pick up the DVD.

I have a habit of needing to find particular cuts as normally Australia tends to get shafted with specific cuts, like I got the Castle of Cagliostro and I ended up getting the shitty SBS dub that has Lupin's name changed out for "The Wolf" and other dumb dialogue changes due to copyright issues - they got the rights to do the English dub, but they didn't get the rights to use "Lupin the Third" in it.
                Last edited by Enetirnel; 10-27-2011, 11:47 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Wait a minute, just saw Akira on Blu-ray. Do want.
                  See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
                    Ah, well there is an Australian one which seems to be an uncut one with extra footage on it. It's just that there's a few too many cuts of Phenomena/Creepers but I haven't found out if that particular version is uncut or contains the longer cut of the film.

The Anchor Bay DVD was released in 1999 and restored the actual title and all of the cut footage. But the hard integral/integral/original cut only has an extra couple of seconds and that is mainly of b-roll footage and is on some of the UK releases.

The blu-ray is complete and has the interview with Dario Argento.

The Australian one is uncut, complete and also has the interview with Dario Argento and I now can't seem to find it... DX

But if that UK one is the same as the blu-ray, then I might pick up the DVD.

I have a habit of needing to find particular cuts as normally Australia tends to get shafted with specific cuts, like I got the Castle of Cagliostro and I ended up getting the shitty SBS dub that has Lupin's name changed out for "The Wolf" and other dumb dialogue changes due to copyright issues - they got the rights to do the English dub, but they didn't get the rights to use "Lupin the Third" in it.
                    Just a note - the one I linked is a blu-ray. So it's likely the same, complete version. Apparently there are several minutes where they didn't make subs for it, so it comes up dubbed if you're watching it subbed.

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                    Wait a minute, just saw Akira on Blu-ray. Do want.
                    Then buy! It'll be a big help.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                      Just a note - the one I linked is a blu-ray. So it's likely the same, complete version. Apparently there are several minutes where they didn't make subs for it, so it comes up dubbed if you're watching it subbed.

Then buy! It'll be a big help.
                      Alright, hoping it is the one complete cut. I'll get a copy of it next week. Shame your friend doesn't seem to have much in the Korean horror section though.
                      sigpic

Comment

Just a note - he now stocks Steampunk and Steampunk books now. Why aren't you already buying these? When I have the funds I am totally buying a Big Daddy. I'll put it next to my...uh...Big Daddy, actually, although that one's from BioShock.

Comment

I'm gonna get some theatrical blood from the site for a post-Apocalyptic party we're going to at Gareth's friends house for New Year. Gonna be a super zombie!

Comment

Can't say I'm best impressed, I ordered stuff on November the 18th and I get an e-mail tonight saying "We're unable to get your item, we've refunded you, sorry", 3 weeks later.

Comment

I'll slap Wil upside the head later. Tit.

Comment

Working...
                              X