No announcement yet.

Prometheus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well we don't know how the events will unfold on this really, while it does kind of look like an alien remake...It also looks like it has its own story and everything leads up to stopping the Jockey's ship...but for all we know that could be the halfway point in the film.

And yes Chris, 40 years does make a difference. Its called a 'fact'. Think how silly you'd sound if you said D-day happened 30 years after WW2.

Comment

• Well it apparently does lead straight into Alien and we will learn how that happens within the last 7 minutes of the movie, but yeah theme-wise many things look similar in concept to the original Alien, but I have faith Sir Ridley.
      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• It seems that due to many similarities between the two projects, Guillermo Del Toro's
        AT THE MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS will probably not go forward in a very looong time.

So says Wrathborne's favorite site, AICN: PROMETHEUS May Spell The End Of AT THE MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS!!

GDT: "Prometheus started filming a while ago- right at the time we were in preproduction on PACIFIC RIM. The title itself gave me pause- knowing that ALIEN was heavily influenced by Lovecraft and his novella.

This time, decades later with the budget and place Ridley Scott occupied, I assumed the greek metaphor alluded at the creation aspects of the HPL book. I believe I am right and if so, as a fan, I am delighted to see a new RS science fiction film, but this will probably mark a long pause -if not the demise- of ATMOM."
        IMO, he can still make ATMOM. Regardless of how good Prometheus is, it will be a minor hit at the B.O. and considering the short attention span of most people, they'll be quite receptive to see something similar in a couple of years.
        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
        sigpic

Comment

• Apparently leads into Alien? Nay, from what they've been saying its more heavy foreshadowing than anything.

Comment

• All Ridley has said is that the connection will made clear at the very end. So yeah perhaps the term lead directly into isn't really appropiate.

And don't write it off box office wise just yet, I think it'll do reasonably better than people think it will.
            http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
            http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
            Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• Dunno Dude, all depends on what mood the audience is in when the film is available to be seen.

Comment

• It's apparently not the same planet, nor the same ship. And yeah, I'm talking about hundreds if not thousands of year. The ship is fossilized in alien. It has been there for centuries. And as said before, it's parked, not crashed.

Also the interior is not similar, I don't think both ships had the same functions. The creatures we see in Prometheus are quite different than the one we see in aliens. It is possible that each ship has developped its own biological weapons.

There's a smilarity between both ships though, both of their crews seems to have been eradicated by their own biological weapons.
                Last edited by Rick Hunter; 05-08-2012, 02:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                  It's apparently not the same planet, nor the same ship. And yeah, I'm talking about hundreds if not thousands of year. The ship is fossilized in alien.
                  Do the dead Jockey aliens bodies take as long as ours to become fossils? Do things fossilize faster on this planet?
                  Is there more than one Jockey ship in the film? Does the ship in the film we kind of see crashing actually crash, or does it make an emergency landing and manage to stay mostly in tact?

Answer: You don't know, and neither do I.

Comment

• Yeah sure, and I guess the alien eggs magically pop out of nowhere too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                      Yeah sure, and I guess the alien eggs magically pop out of nowhere too.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	gymfail.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	401125

Comment

• What is a fail? Your post lacking proper arguments?

Comment

• Rick Hunter: Prometheus is set in 2083 so it just can't happen hundreds if not thousands of years before first Alien movie which is set in 2123. http://time.absoluteavp.com/
                          Spoiler:

Comment

• That's exactly what I'm saying. Thanks for agreeing.

Comment

• Thats the opposite of what you're saying, you just confused yourself and am trying to take credit for being right.

That is why you fail.

Comment

• You know, I wish you were able to understand basic sentences, that way we would really be able to have a proper discussion.

Prometheus happens 40-something years before Alien. Thus it can't be the same ship, since the one we see in Alien is much, much older.

Can your brain computes this or is it still too hard for you to understand that at this point?

Comment

Working...
                                X