Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prometheus

Speculate away:

Browse all movies, TV?shows, and more from Apple?TV+. Watch all Apple?Originals here and on the Apple?TV app across your devices.

Personally I've no idea - it's clearly the derelict, but that doesn't look like LV426. And Charlize Theron is absolutely hot.

But it looks amazing, and I've all the faith for Ridley Scott to pull this off and blow our minds wide open.
    http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
    http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
    Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

I remember when the films plot was about 2 men who were forced to become homosexual lovers for aliens who were doing weird experiments on human beings and then experimented with a face hugger and it destroyed everything and the one surviving man then spent the rest of the film trying to escape the chaos that ensued.

..then there was a revision of this idea that changed the characters from men to women. I'm actually not kidding about this plot.

Now there's this which could be ok...but I gotta say, I cant stand Charlize Theron.Sorry Stars, shes got the permanent pissed off/scowl look on her face that just pisses me off. She always looks the same in every film(cept monster) its like shes got the face of an angry mannequin.

Beign that Ridley Scotts track record as a director has been very 'mis's instead of 'hit' with me all i can do is wait and see.
    Last edited by Wrathborne; 12-22-2011, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Amazing. Amazing. AMAZING. Can't wait for this movie.

BTW Music in this trailer is the same as in the very first Alien trailer. Nice.
      Spoiler:

Comment

Anyone notice the bald guy in the shot where the jockey chair rises up out of the pit? He is not wearing a helmet so I'm assuming he is not human. Is he one of the pilots? Scott has said many times before that what Dallas finds in the chair in Alien is a suit for an organism that is inside and not an actual creature itself.
        Last edited by TheBatMan; 12-22-2011, 06:15 PM.
        "I've got 100 cows."
        "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

This looks fairly interesting. It almost reminds me of Dead Space in the sense that there seems to be some sort of religious artifact type of thing. Based on the trailer I watched on YouTube, I got the impression we go out looking for something, find it, and realize maybe we should have left it alone.

Almost like the Markers. Very interesting.
          sigpic

Comment

Apparently Ridley Scott is denying vehemently that this has anything to do with Alien.

Yet there's the derelict craft, and there's the same style of title graphics as the first movie. Worst secret keeping marketing campaign ever.

Comment

He said that the Alien DNA is in the film.

Comment

Aside from the mimetic trailer copying the Alien one, Fox is putting out press releases which paint it as the prequel still. I have no idea if Scott is telling the truth or not, he keeps making the DNA statement but then also saying it has next to none when obviously it does. Whatever the hell it is, it looks good.

Comment

I am beyond excited. I love how it showed the chair thing rise up from the original Alien, or at least that's what it looked like. As a huge fan of the Alien franchise, I can't wait to see what this adds. Also yeah, I don't care how much Ridley Scott wants to try to hide it, it obviously has to do with Alien. The goddamn trailer has the same music/ambiance and title graphic as the original Alien.

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                  He said that the Alien DNA is in the film.
                  I'm assuming it'll show their creation in the film. I'm wondering if they'll show the xenomorphs near the end of the film. Perhaps after the credits? An egg, maybe?

Comment

I think the origins of the Aliens will be explored but I don't know whether we'll actually see one.
                    http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                    http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                    Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

This just looks..........bloody incredible!
                      I dont think ive been this excited for a film in quite a while. And I agree, from what ive seen in this trailer its pretty obvious that this film shares more than just "DNA" with Alien. As people have said the title sequence, music from the original Alien trailer (which i always thought was a let down when it wasn't in the film as it was very haunting, a mixture of a human scream and an alien cry), the derelict, the Alien in the chair. Most of this trailer pretty much screams prequel. Still it doesn't seem to be a direct prequel or what ever the hell it is to Alien.
                      It would be quite interesting if it explored how the xenomorphs came to be on the planet but I agree that its not likely we will see any in it until atleast right at the end of the film, or maybe it will end with dallas and company arriving at the crash site of the derelict?
                      EDIT having rewatched the trailer and done a bit of research it could be possible that the derelict ship in this film is actually a different ship entirely from the one in alien (different shp same model) which would explain why the planet doesnt look like LV426 and why the ship appears to be crash landing.

Alien is,to this day, my faveourite film and this film seems to use a lot of the same artwork and set designs as Alien. Im loving the choice of acting talent in this film too. Fassbender is a brilliant actor and Rapaace was great in the Dragon Tattoo series.

Also i could have sworn that one clip in the advert shows a mans space helmet covered in the Aliens acidic blood?

And while agree that the quality of Scotts movies have gone down hill in recent years Im completely confident that he can make another instant classic with Prometheus, although that is perhaps saying too much after watching just a trailer.

EDIT
                      On the special features of the Alien DVD i own Dan O'bannon states that in an earlier version of the Alien script the members of the Nostromo were meant to discover an Alien pyramid which contains the Alien eggs. It appears that this film seems to be using this same idea. A fact that i found quite interesting.
                      Also its possible that the man standing next to the seat is an alien. I was reading a breakdown of the trailer and they zoom in on a picture of his face and match it up to the giant stone face. You can see that the riges of both noses are the same which seems to imply that he is a part of the same species as the infamouse "Space Jockey"
                      Last edited by I_Am_Nemesis; 12-27-2011, 10:32 AM.

Comment

What is also interesting is that if you have read Alan Dean Foster's novelization of the first Alien, whilst in the derelict and before they find the egg chamber, Dallas comes across an empty 'urn' which may or may not be one of the structures in the ampule room.
                        "I've got 100 cows."
                        "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

this will be best movie of 2012 together with the hobbit and the expendables 2!!
                          Last edited by rehunk88; 12-28-2011, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                            What is also interesting is that if you have read Alan Dean Foster's novelization of the first Alien, whilst in the derelict and before they find the egg chamber, Dallas comes across an empty 'urn' which may or may not be one of the structures in the ampule room.
                            I didnt even know there was a novelisation lol, I'll have to pick that up at some point and give it a read. was it good?

Comment

Despite all the special effects, it's almost like I went back in time watching that trailer.

Comment

Working...
                              X