Prometheus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I_Am_Nemesis View Post
    I didnt even know there was a novelisation lol, I'll have to pick that up at some point and give it a read. was it good?
    Yeah. very good. Contains quite a few elements that are not in the finished film including a scene where the Alien ravages the food locker and the infamous scene where their attempts to blow it out of the airlock are sabotaged by Ash.
    "I've got 100 cows."
    "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

First viral video http://blog.ted.com/TED2023/
      Spoiler:

Comment

Awesome stuff.

I love how Scott shoves two fingers up to Paul Write Shit Anderson by essentially stealing his Weyland idea and at the same time confirming AVP's status as a non-canon pile of turd.
        "I've got 100 cows."

Comment

Charles Weyland in AVP and Miss Yuttani in AVP II were the only two good things in both AVPs movies. Now there isn't single good thing left. Oh and this clip, which even will not be in the moviea at all, was directed by Ridley Scott's son.
          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
            Awesome stuff.

I love how Scott shoves two fingers up to Paul Write Shit Anderson by essentially stealing his Weyland idea and at the same time confirming AVP's status as a non-canon pile of turd.
            Except it doesn't do any of that, this could be Charles Weylands son or grandson for all we know.
            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Except it does. Watch it and listen.

Its set in 2023 for a start, so he's not gonna be his grandson and the blog post explains who his parents were, nothing to do with Charles Bishop.

Scott hates AVP so there is not a chance in hell it connects.
              "I've got 100 cows."

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                Except it does. Watch it and listen.

Its set in 2023 for a start, so he's not gonna be his grandson and the blog post explains who his parents were, nothing to do with Charles Bishop.

Scott hates AVP so there is not a chance in hell it connects.
                Charles Bishop is what? 50 or 60s in AvP? He could easily have a son young enough to be this Peter Bishop or old enough to be the dad of this Peter Bishop, add in 19 years since AvP is set in 2004 I think and there you go.

If this does not tie in then it isn't just AvP1/2 movies is it dishonouring but a lot of the Aliens and Predator expanded universe.

Comment

Drac, this has nothing to do with AvP.

AVP was a poorly written piece of crap that attempted to use some of the Alien mythology, and failed, this seems to be focused more on adding to the alien mythology and giving a face to the evil organization...a charming evil face.

Comment

Except those fools at the Xenopedia are listing him as taking over Weyland Industries AFTER Charles Bishop Weyland, it's the Resident Evil Wikia all over again!

Problem is, it's Weyland Corporation. NOT Industries.
                    Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 02-29-2012, 07:17 PM.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

https://www.weylandindustries.com/ This site confirmed Peter as a founder of the Weyland corporation. Also Prometheus is set in 2073, 3 years prior events in the first Alien movie.
                      Last edited by Dark_Chris; 03-01-2012, 08:13 AM.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

"WE are the gods now."
                        See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                          Drac, this has nothing to do with AvP.
                          That is not true. Like it or not the Alien universe has change greatly since 1979, it has expanded with further movies, books, comics, games, been combined with the Predator universe which has its own bunch of books, movies, games (even Predator 2 gave a little nod to this), AVP1 and 2 movies aren't even close to being the first combination of the two.

Even the title of this movie "Prometheus" is a blatent nod to A+P universe, since when Weyland and Yutani merged they obtained another company that had what they called 'Prometheus' technlogy which was really Predator technology and technologically moved Weyland-Yutani forward greatly and why they ended up with such power and sway over Colonial Marines.

Comment

I disagree with ye, and stand by my opinion

Comment

I have to say, Charles Bishop Weyland was an old fool who had the misfortune of being involved in a shitty film. Peter Weyland sounds like a great man and a visionary, a man with a grand destiny awaiting him, a man who will set in motion a series of events that will...something something legacy? I don't know, that faux TED conference speech was glorious.

As much as I want to agree with you Wrathborne, I'm afraid that the bitch is right. Like it or not, what was once good has been smeared with the failure of Paul W.S. Anderson. That man is the British Michael Bay, a walking cliche of explosions, bad dialogue and Hollywood pandering. Dracarys, I wasn't calling you a bitch, I was merely making a reference to Sigourney Weaver's memorable line in Aliens.

Now get away from Wrathborne...you BITCH!
                              Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 03-01-2012, 11:54 AM.
                              See you in hell.

Comment

Not bad, for a human.

Comment

Working...
                                X