X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dracarys, you have...my sympathies.
    See you in hell.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I think the AvP movies are turds and ripped off several things from some great AvP books/comics, naturally making crap versions of what it ripped off. But they mostly fit within the universe, mostly.

I also pride myself on being a bitch. It was my title on (R.I.P) residentevilfan.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
        I also pride myself on being a bitch.
        Not the best thing to take pride in :/

Comment

Depends where you're standing.

Comment

On my own two feet

Comment

But they mostly fit within the universe, mostly.
              Well played. I admire your purity.
              See you in hell.

Comment

There is an explanation for this, you know.

Comment

New trailer preview !!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

That is not true. Like it or not the Alien universe has change greatly since 1979, it has expanded with further movies, books, comics, games, been combined with the Predator universe which has its own bunch of books, movies, games (even Predator 2 gave a little nod to this), AVP1 and 2 movies aren't even close to being the first combination of the two.

Even the title of this movie "Prometheus" is a blatent nod to A+P universe, since when Weyland and Yutani merged they obtained another company that had what they called 'Prometheus' technlogy which was really Predator technology and technologically moved Weyland-Yutani forward greatly and why they ended up with such power and sway over Colonial Marines.
                    Not canon. Irrelevant.

Sir Peter Weyland was the founder of Weyland Corp.

He wasn't born until the turn of the millenium so there is no possible connection to Weyland Industries from AVP which was already around at that time obviously.

2023 he sets out to change the world. Movie takes place 50 years later.

No mention of Charles Bishop
                    No mention of Ms. Yutani, the merging of the companies or the recovered predator tech.
                    No reference to AVP.

If AVP was considered to be canon, do you not think Yutani would be light years ahead of Weyland thanks to that shoulder cannon? Also it would probably already be Weyland-Yutani by 2023 in that timeline.

Ridley Scott detests AVP. He stated several times he's told Fox how sore he feels about the subject. And that was why Alien 5 never got made remember? He and James Cameron got together but would only do it on the condition AVP was never made. But Fox in their infinite wisdom went with Paul WS Anderson instead.

Even the most minute reference if there ever is one, would be forced on him by the studio.
                    "I've got 100 cows."
                    "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

FULL TRAILER IS HERE !!!!!! ITS INSANE !!!!

Get Tickets! http://www.amctheatres.com/Movies/PrometheusIn the distant future, two superpowers control Earth and fight each other for all the solar system's...

Comment

24 min Q&A

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2012/03/17/prometheus-trailer-premiere-and-qa-with-ridley-scott/

Comment

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                          Not canon. Irrelevant.
                          Prometheus? I would agree if it is ignoring the massive extensive and estabished universe of the series.

Comment

Prometheus? I would agree if it is ignoring the massive extensive and estabished universe of the series.
                            Gack! Y U NO UNDERSTAND!?

Comment

I just realised they stole the 'ancient civilisations being linked' thing from AvP also. No wonder he is trying to ignore AvP, is so can steal ideas from it.

This film does look much better than AvP which I thought was terrible, I may have said that already but there it is again. Still crapping on the universe and stealing ideas from it though.
                              Last edited by Dracarys; 03-18-2012, 03:26 AM.

Comment

The trailer is unbelievable, I'm struggling to talk about it I'm in awe of it so much.
                                http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                                http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                                Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X