• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
    My god.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Lurch-addams-family-6160640-456-480.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	401096
    You rang?
    Last edited by Wrathborne; 04-29-2012, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• Booked tickets tonight, and hopelessly excited.
      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• Prometheus will be rated R
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by aris13 View Post
          Well that seals the deal. The film obviously won't have a big opening or legs, but still... this is a positive for everyone. We'll get to see the complete film... with no annoying kids sitting next to you.

Besides, it's not like Blade Runner made a lot of cash at the B.O. either.
          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
          sigpic

Comment

• I'm really excited. Cannot wait to see this.

Comment

• This shows a huge amount of confidence from Fox, after months of this ratings/viewing figures debate raging on, to see Prometheus not compromised in anyway whatsoever deserves a little bit of respect for Fox, and I never thought i'd say that again.

I absolutely, cannot wait.

Comment

• The last trailer showed too much.

We know what the "facehuggers" look like and what they do, we see how the alien ship crashes and why, we know who's going to die/survive... a lot has been spoiled, if not most of the story already.

And apparently it's not the ship from Alien, so there is still place for a sequel which could potentially cover the events that lead to Alien. But I highly doubt it, since it would be happening hundreds if not thousands of years ago.

Comment

• It is the ship from alien, well the space jockey ship anyhoo.

The face hugger ancestors are worms, which is just as creepy.Looking forward to this myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                    And apparently it's not the ship from Alien, so there is still place for a sequel which could potentially cover the events that lead to Alien. But I highly doubt it, since it would be happening hundreds if not thousands of years ago.
                    What? Click image for larger version

Name:	what+_2133fff5ddd40bae66dd06c4cb07f111.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	3.2 KB
ID:	401121
                    Last edited by Dark_Chris; 05-07-2012, 03:03 PM.
                    Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
                      What? [ATTACH=CONFIG]6509[/ATTACH]
                      Well for a start it crashes back down on the same planet, LV-422 or whatever it's called.
                      "I've got 100 cows."
                      "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

• I thought Prometheus is set 20 - 30 years before Alien. The truth is I am not fully aware of the Alien timeline, but still hundreds if not thousands of years?!
                        Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
                          I thought Prometheus is set 20 - 30 years before Alien. The truth is I am not fully aware of the Alien timeline, but still hundreds if not thousands of years?!
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	300g667434.gif
Views:	2
Size:	261.2 KB
ID:	401123

Dude Prometheus is like..what, 40 years prior to 'Alien' and it takes place int he year 2085 or so.
                          Hit up Wikipedia before you say this silly shit!

Comment

• 20 - 30 years or 40 years makes really big differences... sarcasm
                            Spoiler:

Comment

• Please keep it spoiler free folks if you already know facts about the story from the various leaks.

Anyway, I rewatched Alien this weekend in preparation for this, and I certainly don't think it's the same ship at all, the one in Alien looks fully intact, as though it's almost been parked. The one we see crash landing in Prometheus is certainly not the same one.

Comment

• Just speculation. No spoilers here. But from the trailer and the fact Shaw is still on the surface, the ship definitely crashes on the same planet it took off from.

My only worry at this stage is that it may be a 'remake' of Alien so to speak but with a different creature and a different life cycle.

Ship lands on planet --- Investigate ship/temple --- Someone is infected and it gets on the ship. --- Ship takes off, crew is killed.

I don't think Ridley Scott would do this, but so far the trailers do give this impression. But rather than the ship self-destructing at the end like the Nostromo, it crashes into the derelict.
                                "I've got 100 cows."
                                "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Working...
                                X