• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aris13 View Post
    I've never watched Alien3.
    Shame on you!
    Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
      Colonial Marines is part of the established canon? This is good.

Everything will hopefully tie in together better now. Alien 3 deserves better treatment, both by the fans and by Fox.
      Yup. I read first reports after PAX East where numerous reports mentioned it was to included in the canon. Additionally Kotaku ran an interview with Pitchford about it. I know Kotaku isn't always the greatest but these are direct quotes explaining how it fits.

The much-hyped Ridley Scott movie Prometheus isn't the only big Aliens-related project that might change the way we think of one of sci-fi's best series.
      Last edited by Rombie; 05-11-2012, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• So how did they explain that the Nuke somehow doesn't destroy the colony?
        Last edited by TheBatMan; 05-11-2012, 11:34 AM.
        "I've got 100 cows."
        "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

• Alien 3... during the first minutes of it I remember thinking "Oh noes... the reason I wanted to see this just went out the fucking window".

And I just sat there in silence along with the rest of the audience for the rest of the show. There were some comments on how fake the Alien looked. Don't remember much after that.

Saw it again recently, and it is better... watchable. But still, I've always been hoping that Alien 3 was all a nightmare sparked by what Newt asks Ripley at the end of Aliens: "Are we going to sleep all the way home . . . can I dream?". And that in Aliens 4 they would set things right and give us back Newt and Hicks. But they fucked things even more.
          Last edited by Pikminister; 05-11-2012, 12:04 PM.
          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
          sigpic

Comment

• Yeah Alien Resurrection is horrible peace of shit. But Alien3 is actually my second favourite right after Aliens.
            Spoiler:

Comment

• The Assembly Cut for Alien 3 restores much of the film and makes it pretty great as a stand alone movie, and although I personally didn't enjoy where they took the characters, I still enjoy it and it's a great FUCK YOU to expectation that sequels have to be bigger and better.

And Joss Whedon's first script for Resurrection was about a gazillion times better than the final product, there was so much fucking awesome stuff in it and nearly none of it made it.
              Last edited by [STARS]TyranT; 05-11-2012, 01:48 PM.
              http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
              http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
              Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• When it comes to the aliens, they should've known what worked in the first one... less is more.
                sigpic

Comment

• Even Aliens went by that too - and I personally love the build up for the first two films, nearly an hour for Alien and nearly 90 minutes for Aliens before we even see Giger's Alien.

Slow burn builds up tension so well, it saddens me when I see people describe the original Alien as boring.
                  http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                  http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                  Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• I get the same reaction when I try to make/force kids raised on CoD games to play the old RE games - "they're boooooring. Put RE5 on instead!".

Times are changing!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Thanks for all the Alien 3 love in this thread! Keep the dream alive.
                      See you in hell.

Comment

• Wow, a photo of Charlize Theron were she doesn't look like an angry mannequin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                          Wow, a photo of Charlize Theron were she doesn't look like an angry mannequin.
                          It's funny you mention that because on those PR pics they all look like mannequins with the tons of make-up they got on.

It makes sense for the "droid" to look fake, though.
                          sigpic

Comment

• I'm talking about her in general, I've never been able to stand her as an actress because shes got a face thats about as expressive as Megan Foxs. Always has the same nasty look on her face, its like a mask.

Comment

• I dunno... I think you got her confused with that other actress that has only one facial expression.

BTW, they're in a movie together.

They should've went for a trifecta by having Keanu Reeves in it too.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                                So how did they explain that the Nuke somehow doesn't destroy the colony?
                                Nothing other than its damaged no. The first full gameplay video showed a couple of areas from Aliens which were quite managled with big holes in the side to the outside. I'm sure something will be said about the terraforming buildings having to be built for super strong atmospheric conditions or some crap like that which explains why some of it is still standing after the blast. Who knows though.

I agree on work print of alien 3, good stuff got the axe. Also wish fox just signed off on Vincent wards script to begin with. The wooden monk colony was awesome, but deemed to costly. An irony given in the end how much the film actually cost to make by release was almost what was needed for it. There is a great article about the whole thing on Empires website, long but worth reading for any alien fan who hasn't seen it. Explains why ward still got credited on the film too even though almost nothing of his script, like whedon with resurrection, was used.

Comment

Working...
                                X