Prometheus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
    This is exactly what the Star Wars expanded universe is like, wrote by lots of different people who all add their own stuff to the universe. Lucas just gives it a thumbs up much like Fox does to various Aliens writers/directors. With that thumb comes story/universe expansion approval.
    I wasn't talking about the universe outside the films though, you were.

Fox doesn't quite gives the thumbs up so much as they say 'This is what we want, write a script around it".
    Last edited by Wrathborne; 05-28-2012, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
      Lucas just gives it a thumbs up much like Fox does to various Aliens writers/directors. With that thumb comes story/universe expansion approval.
      Approval =! canon.

Lucas doesn't read nor cares about the expended universe, and his latest movies contradict it in many ways. If Lucas suddenly declares that Boba Fett indeed died in episode 6, then everything related to him in the EU is not canon. And that's a lot of material.

When it comes to such a thing as Star Wars, only official Lucas related material is canon. Everything else in the EU is not.
      Last edited by Rick Hunter; 05-29-2012, 04:45 AM.

Comment

• Such a disapointment.

Spoiler:
        Last edited by Darkmoon; 05-29-2012, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
          Lucas doesn't read nor cares about the expended universe...
          Well I dunno about that...

Timothy Zahn had this to say at Celebration III:

"Just to make it clear, I did not invent the planet (Coruscant)…George Lucas had invented the planetwide city a long time ago. When I was starting the Thrawn Trilogy, they told me to coordinate with the West End Games source material, and they had it listed as the Imperial Planet. Well nobody names a planet 'Imperial Planet,' so I thought it needed a name, so I picked the word that means glittering: 'Coruscant.' Apparently, when it came time to choose a name [for the films], people persuaded George to go with Coruscant and be done with it. So I felt very vindicated -- the tail wagging the dog. It was an honor to be slipped into the movies this way.
          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
          sigpic

Comment

Such a disapointment. Half of the movie makes no sense, the "cuts" are bad and sometimes incoherent à la terminator revelations, and as I thought and as Scott said... it's not a prequel to alien. Just has some DNA in it (mostly references to please the fans).

Do not expect alien. Expect a cheap philosophical movie about the meaning of life and who's behind it.
            What the hell!? Why are you spoiling the film for us!?
            Last edited by Wrathborne; 05-29-2012, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• I'm just saying what Ridley Scott said to us for the past 6+ months, and I spoiled absolutely nothing of the scenario.

My point is, see that movie the way Ridley Scott wants you to see it, it's Prometheus, and it has different themes than Alien. Judge it that way. But I expected something better coming from him.

I blame the trailers thought, they revealed way too much.

Comment

• Doesn't change you being inconsiderate and dumping spoilers here.

Seriously, why would you do this? HOw many people have said 'No spoilers of any kind' already?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                  Doesn't change you being inconsiderate and dumping spoilers here.

Seriously, why would you do this? HOw many people have said 'No spoilers of any kind' already?
                  Damn, I was right to avoid this thread... for the most part.
                  sigpic

Comment

• I just happened to check out the thread out of boredom and paid for it, cant believe he did this.So many wonderful words could be used to describe him that I cant use....

Comment

• Cry me a river. You're gonna bitch about Ridley Scott saying the exact same thing since february 2011? What's wrong with you, seriously.

And tell me, who was it already who jumped on me with his pathetic arrogance and troll attitude when I expressed my thoughts about the movie a few days ago?
                      Last edited by Rick Hunter; 05-29-2012, 06:36 PM.

Comment

I just happened to check out the thread out of boredom and paid for it, cant believe he did this.So many wonderful words could be used to describe him that I cant use....
                        LOL I don't go to AICN anymore... just to avoid those spoilers.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Calm down, minions. As a courtesy I would ask that people keep any spoiler information in the spoiler tags for the first week or so. Rick Hunter's post has been so edited.

Comment

And tell me, who was it already who jumped on me with his pathetic arrogance and troll attitude when I expressed my thoughts about the movie a few days ago?
                            Thats enough, you posted spoilers about this film because you didn't like it. Stop trying to fight, you screwed up and got called on it.

EDIT: Gack Darkmoon beat me
                            Last edited by Wrathborne; 05-29-2012, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• Thats a weird attitude to have. It's almost as if you've based your opinion on a film only for the basis of getting back at someone. If the film was the best thing possible then, what would you have said in reply? Silly comments.

I read other non-spoiler comments from the Swiss screenings, most people seem happy with it. Still crazy that it screened anywhere other than test screeenings before the Cast attended Premiere in London on Thursday though.
                              Last edited by Rombie; 05-29-2012, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Thats enough, you posted spoilers about this film because you didn't like it. Stop trying to fight, you screwed up and got called on it.

EDIT: Gack Darkmoon beat me

Don't I always? *Wink*
                                Last edited by Darkmoon; 05-29-2012, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X