No announcement yet.

Prometheus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The French have never had anything positive to say about a British person, so their opinions are invalid.

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
    It was... fun. Oh my.
    Actually I am familiar with history and if I'm not mistaken, you're dead.
    Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 05-30-2012, 05:19 AM.
    See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
      The French have never had anything positive to say about a British person, so their opinions are invalid.

Actually I am familiar with history and if I'm not mistaken, you're dead.
      I thought you were going for the launcher?
      "I've got 100 cows."
      "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

• In four minutes, you and everyone else will be dead and I'll be in a paradise.

A place where the RE movies don't exist, a place where I write the canon.
        Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 05-30-2012, 06:06 AM.
        See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
          The French have never had anything positive to say about a British person, so their opinions are invalid.

There was a poll conducted by YouGov, that asked over 4,000 French and British citizens about the most common traits each other has. The only major failing that that some Brits who were polled said the French have is "getting anything done in August." The French weren't so kind. Many said a typical British man is an old pensioner who rides around on a scooter and eats processed cheese. Ouch!

The French like to trash talk.

EDIT: Just read some US/UK reviews... mostly positive. And most of the positive ones come from the UK. Not sure if they're just gushing at it because it's Ridley Scott. I hope that's not it.

No negative reviews so far.
          Last edited by Pikminister; 05-30-2012, 01:58 PM.
          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
            Quite possibly not. As I understand it's the owner, not the creator, who decides...although of course many fans will take the creator's word as W.O.G regardless of what the owner says.

So Mikami could say RE5 is non-cannon, but Capcom would point and laugh. Fans would be divided.
            In situations like these you generally can only look at it one of two ways:

How a creator's work ends and how a studio's work ends.

Ever see any direct to DVD Disney sequel or 'American Pie' spin off? How about sequels to Jim Carrey films that lack Jim Carrey?

I use this as my basis for such franchises as Terminator. That's not to say that I don't enjoy later Terminator sequels after Cameron, but they're studio films pushing to continue it further each step of the way. Perhaps the best thing Scott could do here was distance his "alien" prequel and make Prometheus stand on its own ground despite being in the same "world".
            Last edited by Smiley; 05-30-2012, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
              Yeah, I agree with Dracarys on this one too. I still enjoyed the film though. I just wish they had shot the Shatner cameo. That would have fit perfectly.
              That cameo would have been gold, it was a really well written bit.

Comment

• Empire review: 3/5 stars

Buffeted by a lack of suspense, threadbare characters, and a very poor script, the stunning visuals, gloopy madness, and sterling Fassbenderiness can’t prevent Prometheus feeling like Alien’s poor relation.
                sigpic

Comment

• Seeing it tomorrow - nice to see it's been all spoiler free

Empire clearly wanted it to be a direct Alien film, they mention it more than once, they also gave Attack of the Clones 5/5, (changed now mind you). But it's doing very well on Rotten Tomatoes.

Am so excited, from what I gather, go in expecting Alien film = come away disappointed. Expect something new, and completely separate = Come away pleased.
                  http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                  http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                  Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• Seeing it at midnight in manchesterin IMAX 3d. Can't wait.
                    "I've got 100 cows."
                    "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

• Fine you guys enjoy your early look at the Ridley Scott film. I'll just stay here in America and watch that other Charlize Theron movie thank you very much.

Comment

• Bats I hate you There's no IMAX around where I live.

Watching the premiere now My excitement is off the chart! Oh my fucking god. Charlize is there, she is unbelievably stunning.

Radio 1 reviewed it today, 5/5 but gave away a fucking great spoiler the useless twats.

Ridley is amazing, "It's not better than all the sci-fi out there now - but it's better than most!" lol

The premiere used the soundtrack between the interviews, and it sounds fantastic, very haunting yet different from Alien.
                        Last edited by [STARS]TyranT; 05-31-2012, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                          Fine you guys enjoy your early look at the Ridley Scott film. I'll just stay here in America and watch that other Charlize Theron movie thank you very much.
                          Screw Charlize Therons overrated mannequin ass!..especially in a snow white/LOTR exploitation flick.

Comment

• Hopefully Prometheus will give you a Theron you might actually like Wrath - she was actually quite lovely and warm to interview, full of smiles at the premiere.

Comment

• Its not the premiers that count, its when shes on camera in a film. Shes so so expressionless and flat...BLEH!

Comment

• Entered a draw via Fox Pictures over here. Forgot entirely about it. Checked my mailbox today and there was a package with a free double pass to the film in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X