Celebrity deaths of 2012...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

------
    Back on Subject, Jan Berenstein passed away. She was the co-author of the childrens book series 'The Berenstein bears'. While I look back an laugh at the books now as a cynical man, there was still that time in my life as a child when I read these books and used to enjoy them.

While she isnt a major celebrity, she still contributed a lot to society with her husband by making these books for so many years.

RIP Jan.

Comment

Well, it's someone who obviously had an influence in your own life so that's important enough for yourself.
      See you in hell.

Comment

Davy Jones of The Monkees died at 66 from a heart attack.

My Mother used to watch the television show all the time when I was little, so it's quite sad to hear that (Quinton Flynn posted the news on Facebook, wouldn't have known otherwise).
        sigpic
        Non-blurry Signature Version
        Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

------
          Ralph McQuarrie, legendary sci fi artist who worked on the original star wars trilogy and battlestar galactica tv series passed away.
          Apparently without his amazing artwork, the original star wars movies would have never been made as they were used to convince studio heads that the film was worth it.

RIP dude, your stuff was amazing.

Comment

R.I.P. Ralph McQuarrie

He gave Star Wars that "industrial" look that inspired sci-fi films since 1977.

I used to collect SW trading cards as a kid. I remember that I would seek out the ones that had McQuarrie's paintings on them. I just love 'em so much. One of the best artist ever IMO.
            Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, losing Frank Frazetta at the end of last year and McQuarrie early this year is really sad.

Comment

RIP Robert B.Sherman

Legendary Hollywood songwriter who wrote the songs of Marry Poppins, the Jungle Book, lots and lots of Winnie the Pooh songs and even a few Family Guy songs.

This guy was responsible for writing the songs of so many movies most of us grew up with its amazing.

RIP dude.

Comment

davey jones from the monkees dies last week at only sixty six. He will be missed. RIP
                  sorry didn't see this was already posted
                  Last edited by jimmyjoejangles; 03-06-2012, 08:52 PM.

Comment

----

Leonard Cimino AKA 'Scary German Guy' from 'The Monster Squad' has passed away, RIP dude.

Comment

------
                      Artist Thomas Kinkade passes away. 54 is pretty young to go.

Comment

Mike Wallace, legendary journalist famous from the 60 Minutes news show died on April 7.

sigpic

Comment

RIP Dick Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                            RIP Dick Clark.
                            New Year's Eve won't be the same without him. I can already see that vulture Seacrest swooping down to take his spot.
                            "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                            Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                              New Year's Eve won't be the same without him. I can already see that vulture Seacrest swooping down to take his spot.

Clark seemed to pass the torch of his beloved "New Years Rockin' Eve" to Ryan Seacrest after suffering a stroke in 2004. Seacrest has always taken the prospect of filling Clark's shoes seriously....

Village Voice cultural critic Michael Musto said: "In this case, Dick was obviously helping pave the way for Ryan's ascendance, and now Ryan can probably do the New Year's countdown alone," Musto said. "But there was something about Dick Clark's persona that is completely irreplaceable.
                              sigpic

Comment

RIP Jonathan Frid, the original Barnabas Collins and soap opera Vampire.

He just finished a little part in the Tim Burton Dark Shadows film, that he himself was the star of in the 60's.

I presume it must be fate's wicked sense of irony, that Jonathan Frid, the original Barnabas Collins has passed on. As a kid, Frid's face appeared on the covers of FAMOUS MONSTERS OF FILMLAND magazine & Forry would chat the show up in its...

Comment

Working...
                                X