RE stuff to do in Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE stuff to do in Japan

So I'll be in Tokyo next week for awhile - wondering what cool RE things are there to check out (figured this would be the best place to ask as I saw some people posting from Japan a few times..) - I know there's some new Capcom bar in Shinjuku serving zombie brains , anything else? Are the ol' Biohazard Executors still running? That would be a trip down memory lane..

There was a 4D executor in Kobe. I can't imagine they've pulled it down.
    Let me know if you want directions.

There's also a couple of Tokyo Phantom stores in Tokyo

sigpic

Comment

Isn't there a cafe that serves a raspberry covered cake that's made to look like BRAAAAIIINS?

Comment

Get a Wesker burger.
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
          Get a Wesker burger.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Long_neck_Guy_Weird_Video_Game_Facts_Part_7-s630x592-137761-580.png
Views:	1
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	400935

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
            There was a 4D executor in Kobe. I can't imagine they've pulled it down.
            Let me know if you want directions.

There's also a couple of Tokyo Phantom stores in Tokyo

http://www.phantom-web.com/shop_info/index.html
            Fantastic, thanks! Sure, post away - it's a shame its not in Tokyo but it will be a helpful for me and others that visit this topic.

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
            Isn't there a cafe that serves a raspberry covered cake that's made to look like BRAAAAIIINS?
            Yep that's the CAPCOM bar and it looks awesome. Especially the drink section - G-Virus vaccines, herb mixtures, shotgun shell shot

パセラボはカラオケパセラをはじめとするパセラグループが、アニメやゲームなど様々なジャンルのコンテンツとのコラボを企画し、カフェやカラオケを運営するエンターテイメントサービスです。

No Jill sandwich though! Just tyrant ribs..

Another thing I was thinking about the other day was the location where they filmed the original RE intro, I remember a very old topic on that somewhere but can't remember the specifics.. does anyone know about that? I'll have to see if I can find it somewhere..

Comment

Be Carefull as they may toss in some Real T-Virus stuff in the food xD Jk !
              Good Luck there ! and Have fun !
              Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
              ^ Lol ...

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
                Another thing I was thinking about the other day was the location where they filmed the original RE intro, I remember a very old topic on that somewhere but can't remember the specifics.. does anyone know about that? I'll have to see if I can find it somewhere..
                It was filmed near the Tama River in Honshū, Japan.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                  It was filmed near the Tama River in Honshū, Japan.
                  Good info, thanks. That does sound very familiar..it doesn't seem too out of the way (as one would expect for an intro of that quality) - probably worth a stroll or two at night - at least to try and find some elements of similarity..

Comment

Watch out for snakes!

Comment

The actor for Jill complained extensively about getting bitten by bugs... so watch out for those too? Hahaha.
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Well the plan is gonna have to be to first find an RE1-ish area which is quite remote (with the help of some screens of the intro for comparison), I'll then proceed to get out my notebook and do an RE1 speed run while simultaneously battling hordes of snakes, bugs, stray dogs, crazy homeless people, the cold etc.. Throw in some hot sake and it sounds like quite an adventure! Only then can I call myself a true RE fan..

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
                          Yep that's the CAPCOM bar and it looks awesome. Especially the drink section - G-Virus vaccines, herb mixtures, shotgun shell shot

http://www.paselabo.tv/capcombar/menu/drink.html
                          Never knew this existed. Unbelievably clever and cool.

Comment

Went to the Capcom Bar last night - got there really late just after it was closed but managed to get them to let me in and take some shots! At that time it was quite easy to get the bar confused with the other restaurant which is just across from the entrance and down the stairs, figuring that out I "complained" to the staff there and they sent some CAP Bar dude down to explain things, he then took me to the bar.

They're kinda strict about recording video, and initially refused even photos but I told them I came from UK to see "Biohazardo" which seemed to go down well! They then explained how to pre-book to eat there, as its a really small enclosed place - you have to turn up at the bar at about 1PM and you grab tickets for different times, he showed me them and they're like 14:30, 17:00, 19:00, etc.

This is actually someone else's drink..

The kiosk section to the right of the entrance (has a few chairs near them).

Don't think I'll go back there (at least for now) as got lots of other stuff to do!

Comment

Working...
                            X