The Dark Knight Rises 3rd trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark Knight Rises 3rd trailer

Sad to see the final act on the horizon, would have loved for this series to have been longer as Nolan has done more for it in 2 films, than Hollywood has done by themselves(Not including the animated series, done by Batman fans).

I think I know what the ending is going to be, its not quite what everyone is guessing but its along the same lines.

Eh before Nolan there was always the love for Burton's films. And despite being beyond cheesy there's a part of me that always has a soft spot for Shumacher's.

It might be the end for Nolan but Batman is far from over. They'll continue and move on. Hopefully the studio will take what they've learned and apply it to someone else capable of giving their own spin and style on it.

On a personal note I wouldn't be against breaking the 'realism' set from the Nolanverse. Arkham Asylum/City shows you can have the wide range of the rouge's gallery and still keep the preferred dark pace and tone. Different medium, but not far off on the cinematic scale of storytelling.

As for the trailer I'm surprised at being able to hear Bane without replaying the scene.

Comment

Hey, this trailer is cool. Can't wait!

Comment

I actually consider the Nolan films not as Batman films but more like Bruce Wayne films. I remember being at a theater and a kid said "when is Batman gonna show up?". Pretty much that.
        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
        sigpic

Comment

Nothing will beat Burton's first Batman for me. I don't think Nolans films do a good enough job recreating the villains, Ra's al Ghul was just a bloke, Joker was mostly just a psycho and his 'clown' half was almost completely missing. Scarecrow was alright but he always came across as a D-lister anyway.
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Dracarys you DEVIL,how dare you disagree with these films!

The only things the Burton Batman film has for it is that it was the first batman film to take itself somewhat seriously, The Danny Elfman soundtrack,and Nicholson setting the bar for being the Joker. Lets face it, Nicholson nailed the Joker, which is why it took almost 20 years for another actor to play the part on camera. While Heath Ledgers Joker wasn't as flashy or showy as Jacks Joker...He also didnt use Prince music.

The first 4 films were based off the comics, the Nolan films are based off the graphic novels.
            If you disagree about the Nolan films making the villains, go back and watch 'Batman Forever' and enjoy Tommy Lee Jones as Two Face .

Now is where I ask you the important question Dracarys..Who is the main character in the Burton Batman film? Heres a hint, it aint Batman.

Comment

Burton did not direct Batman Forever, has no relation to anything I posted.

There is no lopsided main character in the Burton Batman, several characters get good screentime, though Batman is still the main character, what with the constant digging into his past, love life and connection to Joker.

Comment

I love it i cant wait to see it at the cinema but i really hope the rumors arent true.. .that batman dies.... that would be utter shit ! batman dosent die specialy not to a crappy punk like bane there is fare worse enemies in the batman universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                  "There is no lopsided main character in the Burton Batman, several characters get good screentime, though Batman is still the main character"
                  INCORRECT! The main character isnt just defined by title, but also by screentime. In the lopsidedness of the original film, its SUPPOSED to be about Batman, but isnt.Batman/Bruce Wayne gets less screentime/Scenes than the Joker.But even the Joker gets less screentime and scenes than the actual main character of the film.

If you said 'Vicki Vale', then you're absolutely right! She has more scenes and slightly more screentime than the Joker!

This is one of the key flaws in the original 89 film, the film is all about Vicki Vale. She's interested in Batman, Bruce Wayne is interested in her, Alexander Knox is interested in her, and of course the Joker is stalking her.

Despite being a boring, flat, screamy and annoying character, shes the focus of the whole damn film!

Yeah Batman wants to stop the Joker who is responsible for his folks, and yes the Joker likes to kill people...but the focus of the film is Vicki Vale. Like it or not.

This reportedly has to do with the fact that Kim Basinger was sleeping with the executive producer of the film who kept giving her more scenes.This same Producer was also treating Tim Burton like shit, which Jack Nicholson didnt like.

He told Kim Basinger once 'Tell that guy who's cock yer sucking hes an asshole".

This may or may not be a rumor, but it follows Hollywood logic :/.
                  Last edited by Wrathborne; 05-01-2012, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Christopher Nolan has more directorial talent in his left pinky nail than Tim Burton has in his entire body. Burton is a hack and Nolan is a visionary.
                    Last edited by Vector; 05-01-2012, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                      Stuff
                      It is not about screentime but what happens in the scenes. We are exposed to the world heavily through her 'eyes' but that does not make her the focus. She serves as a plot device to expose us to Batman and Joker more than she is a character of her own.

Comment

Basinger could've slept with the whole crew and it wouldn't matter. The fact is, her acting (screaming, really) & scenes didn't even made a dent when faced against Nicholson's performance.

I'm pretty sure she knew that she didn't have a chance against Jack. Thus why she did everything humanly possible to get as many scenes as she could. And it was all for nothin' because everyone remembers Batman for the Joker. And not Vicky Vale.
                        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                          We are exposed to the world heavily through her 'eyes' but that does not make her the focus.
                          The fact that most of what we're seeing is through her eyes does make her the focus, plot device, and main character.
                          The only real important scene in the film she isn't a part of is the axis chemical scene where Batman ends up creating the Joker.

Batman and the Joker are the main characters of the film for one scene really, and its that particular scene.Any other important scenes Vicki Vale is pretty much the focus of.

Comment

Originally posted by Vector View Post
                            Christopher Nolan has more directorial talent in his left pinky nail than Tim Burton has in his entire body. Burton is a hack and Nolan is a visionary.
                            But Nolan can't direct or edit actions scenes to save his life. Not to mention his abysmal dialogue and the lack of good performances in his films.

However, it's a no brainer that the man knows how to do "summer blockbuster film" right and that's why I'm super excited about Rises.
                            Last edited by aris13; 05-02-2012, 02:04 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

@Warath,

Not really, imagine a classic good vs evil movie, half the movie is the good guys protecting a princess, second half is the bad guys who have kidnapped the princess. Using your logic because the princess has the most screentime she is the star. She is not though, she is just a plot device to make the good vs evil happen. Could replace her with 'sacred relic' and same deal. Just because the plot device is a person does not make them the star.

Vale plays that exact role in Batman, love interest of Batman, love interest of the Joker. It causes several clashes between the two that otherwise would not have happened. In addition most her scenes are causing the two to talk about things which they otherwise wouldn't do, growing their characters but not hers.
                              Last edited by Dracarys; 05-02-2012, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X