Jackie Chan retiring from Action films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackie Chan retiring from Action films

At Cannes, Jackie Chan has announced his retirement as an action star, saying he is too old for stunts and the world is “too violent”.

Sad that this day has finally come, still hes 58 years old and has been doing so much amazing shit for over 30 years now.
    Glad hes got 1 last film with his old style coming out.

Even though I hated the second two Rush hour films...I still kind of wish he could go on doing these films forever.

I feel sick.......... jackie is letting go of action... i cant breath ... this is just ..... i got no words................

Comment

Here's to Jackie Chan, the man who had the balls to say "No. I won't be Bruce Lee" in a day when every action movie involving Chinese martial arts demanded a Bruce Lee clone. Kudos to you, sir.
      sigpic

Comment

Well, there is a time for everything.

BTW, here's Jackie on one of Lee's films:

Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
          Well, there is a time for everything.

BTW, here's Jackie on one of Lee's films:

Bruce Lee almost broke Jackie Chan's ribs in that movie by accident. What was supposed to happen was Lee kicked and missed Chan's chest by an inch and Chan was supposed to "fly" backwards. But what really happened was Jackie Chan was standing just an inch too close and Lee ended up kicking him across the room into some equipment. XD Bruce Lee supposedly shit himself (Not literally of course) and almost refused to film the rest of the day because he almost killed Chan. xD
          Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 05-18-2012, 05:33 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Sad thing is we now have to wonder if there is anyone out there who is willing to follow in Jackies footsteps.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
              Sad thing is we now have to wonder if there is anyone out there who is willing to follow in Jackies footsteps.
              This guy. His fighting style is different than Jackie's but he's the best next thing.

Last edited by aris13; 05-19-2012, 01:29 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Who be he?

Comment

Iko Uwais from the Raid.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Subscribe to TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/sxaw6hSubscribe to COMING SOON: http://bit.ly/H2vZUnLike us on FACEBOOK: http://goo.gl/dHs73Follow us on TWITTER: http:/...
                  sigpic

Comment

You guys misread what he meant. His Facebook clarifies that he's still doing action movies, just that he's gonna tone down the over-the-top stunts he does.

Comment

"Hello All my friends and fans,

Yesterday in my press conference in Cannes for Chinese 12 Zodiac I said that this movie was my last big action movie.

Today I was shocked when I woke up to read all the news coverage that I was retiring from doing Action movies.

I just want to let everyone know that I am not retiring from doing action movies. What I meant to say is that I need to do less of the life risking stunts on my movies. After all these years of doing so many stunts and breaking so many bones, I need to take better care of my body so I can keep working.

I will continue to do international action movies.

And I will keep improving my English :-)

I love all of you!"

Jackie

Read it not too long ago, forgot to post it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                        "Hello All my friends and fans,

Yesterday in my press conference in Cannes for Chinese 12 Zodiac I said that this movie was my last big action movie.

Today I was shocked when I woke up to read all the news coverage that I was retiring from doing Action movies.

I just want to let everyone know that I am not retiring from doing action movies. What I meant to say is that I need to do less of the life risking stunts on my movies. After all these years of doing so many stunts and breaking so many bones, I need to take better care of my body so I can keep working.

I will continue to do international action movies.

And I will keep improving my English :-)

I love all of you!"

Jackie

Read it not too long ago, forgot to post it.
                        Another mystery solved, gang. They would have gotten away with it if it hadn't been for us meddling kids.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X