Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if they made a Metal Gear Solid movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if they made a Metal Gear Solid movie?

Click image for larger version

Name:	solid-snake-banner.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	406093
    Thanks to TheGamingVault for the banner

Before everyone starts throwing pitchforks and toiletries at me, I thought this might be an interesting exercise to partake it. Recently I was having a discussion with a friend and this topic came up, bringing with it many minutes of enjoyable conversation. Thus I offer a chance at those many minutes of enjoyable conversation for yourself.

So without further delay, if they made a MGS movie, give us your opinions on the following...

• What actor, past or present, should play Solid Snake?
    • Which actors, past or present, should play other roles from the story? (As few or as many as you would like to mention)
    • Who would be the best director for the movie? (Keep the Paul W.S. Anderson recommendations at a reasonable level. ;-))
    • What pieces of the story should be expanded, or removed all together
    Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 06-02-2012, 11:17 AM.
    sigpic

Made this in 2009. Still stand by it.

Comment

They announced one back in 2006 I believe, but nothing ever came about.
      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post

lol Has been blocked in the USA for copyright infringement.

In my opinion, Clint Eastwood circa 1969 would have been the perfect Solid Snake. If you watch "For a few dollars more" or any of the "Man with no name" trilogy, you see that he's PERFECT for that role.
        sigpic

Comment

They were courting Christian Bale for Snake when the project had a little steam in its development...but nothing ever came from it.
          The worst part was that at one point Kurt Wimmer was attached to write and direct it.

Comment

You mean MGS4?

...also lawl at Jack Black as Vamp.
            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Pretty solid argument there Smiley maybe not Jack Black or Vince Vaughn though. Will Ferrel could do Ocelot but I don't think enough people would take him seriously, Bradley seems too masculine for Raiden and some of the ones at the end didn't fit for me they'd probably use lesser known actors for most parts but overall yeah maybe need a more complete list though:

I actually agree more with this list though:
              That's my cast for MGS the MovieI Tried use all Charactersif have another opinion comment about it

(Sean Connery, Kane and Steve Buscemi excluded)

Jackie Earle Haley for Psycho Mantis IMHO

But poor David . . .
              Snake:
              5th Annual Spacey Awards 2007 - David Hayter (Snake) presents award for Favourite Video Game.

Liquid:
              In-game commercial/tv spot from Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. Please note these titles are not the official titles. I don't know if there are any...
              sigpic

Comment

That video is hilarious. I never knew you were so gifted in the fine arts of subtle comedy.
                Last edited by randomwab; 06-03-2012, 12:03 PM. Reason: Shandy BASS

Comment

The series already is a movie. The 4th being the bastard sequel, akin to Robocop 3.
                  PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                    The 4th being the bastard sequel, akin to Robocop 3.
                    Haha! Never truer words spoken.

The problem with Metal Gear is that although it's always touted as being cinematic, and contains all kinds of homage to cinema and pastiche of movie characters... it's not really anything like a movie. Sure there is a lot of talking and exposition and codec scenes, but nobody makes a film which contains so much discussion that it ends up being 10 hours long. I honestly don't think it can be done, structurally it's all wrong. Perhaps it would work as a miniseries. Personally I think MGS3 stands the best chance of being adapted, but even then a lot of stuff would need cutting out, perhaps even the whole Cobra Unit so it could focus on the story between Snake and The Boss.
                    Last edited by Code_R; 06-03-2012, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid Cheese View Post
                      Pretty solid argument there Smiley maybe not Jack Black or Vince Vaughn though. Will Ferrel could do Ocelot but I don't think enough people would take him seriously, Bradley seems too masculine for Raiden and some of the ones at the end didn't fit for me they'd probably use lesser known actors for most parts but overall yeah maybe need a more complete list though:

I actually agree more with this list though:
                      That's my cast for MGS the MovieI Tried use all Charactersif have another opinion comment about it

(Sean Connery, Kane and Steve Buscemi excluded)

Jackie Earle Haley for Psycho Mantis IMHO

But poor David . . .
                      Snake:
                      5th Annual Spacey Awards 2007 - David Hayter (Snake) presents award for Favourite Video Game.

Liquid:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZJgsVhTjPE
                      In an interview with Demon FM that was done years after I made this video I heard Quinton Flynn say that he would love to see Bradley Cooper as Raiden in a live action film. So great minds think alike.

Also Jack Black might be a little overweight but the man is graceful nevertheless. He would make an ideal Vamp.

Really, this cast is conjured on the idea that MGS is already a cinematic experience to video games so the live action films might as well bank on a recognizable cast of solid actors who could play to humor and drama accordingly.

Comment

Everyone should go see The Man from Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                          Everyone should go see The Man from Earth.
                          Did you just spoil the film? Now I know where the man's from.

Spoiler:

Ass.

Comment

DAMN!

Nah. People should see it, take what they "get" from it and apply it to the idea of a Metal Gear movie.

Comment

In an interview with Demon FM that was done years after I made this video I heard Quinton Flynn say that he would love to see Bradley Cooper as Raiden in a live action film. So great minds think alike.

Also Jack Black might be a little overweight but the man is graceful nevertheless. He would make an ideal Vamp.

Really, this cast is conjured on the idea that MGS is already a cinematic experience to video games so the live action films might as well bank on a recognizable cast of solid actors who could play to humor and drama accordingly.
                              Well if Johnny Quest likes Bradley Cooper who am I to argue . . .

Also Jack Black just doesn't fit Vamp at all he's probably wanna skat and "RAWK" the whole time, fighting wuth a guitar or whatever.

Also new Snake option:

Joe Manganiello
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X