The 'Batman massacre"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
    Glad to know your sympathy is matched by your extensive knowledge of US gun laws.
    Civilians do not need to own something that the main purpose is to kill with. Is pretty simple. Not just for killing sprees such as this but all the gun deaths, nice hefty number of suicides someone posted above, without a gun how many of those attempts would have failed or been stopped and the person who died maybe realised was a terrible mistake and regretted trying? Most are born of extreme emotional moments. With a gun very little hope to survive. Same with random murders born out of extreme moments, a husband shooting his wife over an argument, she is much more likely to survive if he never had a gun and resorted to a kitchen knife even.

When the best argument for owning a gun is "So other people with guns cannot hurt me", well it speaks for itself.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Tasteless "KILLER ENDING TO FINAL BATMAN MOVIE" headline

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
      Civilians do not need to own something that the main purpose is to kill with. Is pretty simple.
      Pretty much this. While I think "blaming guns" could easily kinda be compared to "blaming video games" for various stuff and levels of stupidity; the truth is that it's usually always something "wrong" (if you wanna call it that) with the individual commiting certain tasks... and I've yet to see someone go a on killing spree using video games as their weapon of choice.

The fact that certain places in the US have a fucking DRIVE THROUGH for your firearm needs ... that's just ... Know what? There seriously are no words for it. It's the type of shit you laugh at in Robocop and such, to then go all when you see it's actually real.

By the way, is there any place I could buy myself a nuclear reactor or other nuclear device prone to breakdown at some point and cause large amounts of damage to the surrounding area? I promise it's for nothing dangerous, I just wanna protect my country in case of unwanted trespassers.
      Last edited by Carnivol; 07-21-2012, 05:49 AM.

Comment

The loss of life is a shame of course, but I don't see why this is getting so much media attention compared to all the other shitty things in the past week elsewhere in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Code_R View Post
          The loss of life is a shame of course, but I don't see why this is getting so much media attention compared to all the other shitty things in the past week elsewhere in the world.
          C'mon! The European launch of Kingdom Hearts 3DS wasn't THAT bad!

Comment

Civilians do not need to own something that the main purpose is to kill with.
            OK then, civilians don't need to own knives, forks, hockey sticks, baseball bats, swords, sword replicas, wooden swords, bottles, axes, hammers,shovels, pitchforks, screwdrivers, straight razors, power tools, tire irons, matches, lighters, gasoline, cars, skateboards, or even aspirin.

All the items I've said have the main purpose 'to kill with' depending on the intent of whoever is using them.

Because clearly the removal of all these items makes the world a safer and more efficient place, oh wait, people can kill eachother with their bare hands too. Better remove their hands before things get worse.

You don't know what your talking about Dracarys, you're just sharing your opinion which is fine, but don't go passing it off as a fact.

The issue isn't entirely the weapon of choice here, its the fact that someone wanted to slaughter as many people as he could.

If someone wants to kill someone, they can do it any way they want with just about anything, a gun is the first choice because its a quick and easy job. Besides you live in a country that doesn't have very many fire arms, I live in a country that does. Different country, different rules, you don't see me criticizing gun crimes in England when they happen and thats because I'm not going to pretend that when that shit happens I have anything valuable to say about it because you guys have a different set of rules.

Its bad enough that the media is going to have a bullshit circus and start speculating on crap that doesnt have anything to do with this, do you seriously think we need to hear snide opinions on what people 'should do' from a country that has a different set of rules?

When you guys had the riots in London, how many people on the forum from the US were saying 'You all should have guns to shoot these assholes'?

Guns aren't the problem, people are. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about and needs to pay more attention.
            Last edited by Wrathborne; 07-21-2012, 02:57 PM.

Comment

All the items I've said have the main purpose 'to kill with' depending on the intent of whoever is using them.
              Lol wut. Those things are all used for everyday purposes. Guns are not. That so mystifying to you? I don't have a lot of feeling towards the gun control debate, but what you're saying there is kind of ridiculous.

Comment

OK then, civilians don't need to own knives, forks, hockey sticks, baseball bats, swords, sword replicas, wooden swords, bottles, axes, hammers,shovels, pitchforks, screwdrivers, straight razors, power tools, tire irons, matches, lighters, gasoline, cars, skateboards, or even aspirin.
                Let's have a breakdown;
                or wait... no.
                While you could use those for "killing", they serve quite a lot of other purposes in the home (and they're usually acquired for such purposes too).

When you guys had the riots in London, how many people on the forum from the US were saying 'You all should have guns to shoot these assholes'?
                Yeah... I dunno if I wanna dignify that with a reply or not, but that's quite possibly the most terrifying thing I've heard all day (and I actually heard a kid say he'd gladly skullfuck the brains out of a dog for an early copy of Pokémon Black version 2 today.)

You do realize that the moment bullets starts flying from civilians in a situation like that, shit just escalates itself to complete Texas (Sorry! CULTURAL EXPRESSION! Couldn't possibly understand the cultural greatness of such an expression )

Comment

While you could use those for "killing", they serve quite a lot of other purposes in the home

A gun is a weapon yes, but anything can be made into a weapon. If someone purchases rope with the intent to strangle people to death with, then that was his original intent.

More guns wont solve the problem, and less guns wont solve it either.

You had to bring up Texas eh? Well heres how I feel about Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Code_R View Post
                    Lol wut. Those things are all used for everyday purposes. Guns are not. That so mystifying to you? I don't have a lot of feeling towards the gun control debate, but what you're saying there is kind of ridiculous.
                    Yes they are used for everyday purposes, glad you noticed that. Guns are a weapon, I didnt say about them being anything else did I?

If you don't have a lot of feelings towards the gun control debate then why are you jumping in the middle of the conversation?

What I'm saying isn't ridiculous at all, you just didn't seem to connect the dots.

Comment

Anyone made any statistics for gun ownership regarding civillians who posess firearms and what the ratio of intent of getting a circumstantial advantage by implying its existence in the presence of another human being is?

Comment

You mean like home invasion or just like a random stroll in public?
                        Last edited by Wrathborne; 07-21-2012, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Well the rate of concealed weapon permit allowances in the US is quite high, I think the simple point of self defence is the usual reason for gun ownership in the US as Wrath first mentioned. On one hand I'd be interested to see stats on the breakdown of all weapons offences regardless of if their fatal or not (and to see if guns are used more than knives etc. like I expect.) but on the other I kinda don't want to go looking.

Comment

Gun laws are a double-edged sword. If you take away the right for civilians to own guns, you may have prevented a massacre like this. However, you also eliminate any protection people might have, or a way to fight back against the government if it gets out of control. Just the other day a robbery at an internet cafe in Florida was broken up by a 70-something man who fired on the robbers and drove them out of the building. Most people who own guns are responsible with them, and the mere fact that criminals don't know who might be carrying prevents a lot of crime.

It is part of the US constitution that its citizens have the right to own guns, and I don't think it should change. Civilians would be prevented from purchasing guns, but criminals will still find a way to get them. Crime would increase.
                            Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

If your main defense is to post silly replies like this it pretty much is a default loss on your entire point. Because knives and forks aren't used to eat with as a main use? Please tell me where killing people is the main use for them? I suppose after a days killing someone decide to whack a puck about with his hockey stick and created the game of hockey?

Aside from swords none of those have ever been made with the intent to kill. Anything can be used as a weapon, guns simply are weapons, and civilians have no use for them, you aren't executioners, or soldiers, or anything like that.
                              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

and civilians have no use for them, you aren't executioners, or soldiers, or anything like that.
                                I also don't like the idea of wanting to struggle with self-preservation if my life has become endangered with someone's intention or possibility on killing me.

Comment

Working...
                                X