Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXP
    replied
    There were comparisons in the new screenshots thread but here is a re-visit:
    I see you see what I see when I did my own comparisons ages ago. That factory could be much earlier than we actually know and since we never see that particular section within the curator's footage we have no idea how much that changed. And you did point out the missing trailers again they couldn't be any other way within that room which leads me to believe they hadn't modeled those yet, similar to that squad car since its different in design to the ones in the RPD garage.

That window could have just being in the process of being built, it could have had its normals reversed, which is why you can't see it in those images but can in others. Another thing i'll point out is the quality of the renders, the ones on the trial edition are IPR rendered(or the equivalent that Softimage 3D had) its used to not only generate a quick render its for adjusting lighting in real time that's why the overall quality is different from footage to renders we have(as you pointed out.)

Again nice observations and I can't wait to read more.

Leave a comment:

• Ys1
    replied
    Does anyone have a more complete set of the Bioflames exclusive images that they wouldn't mind sharing? Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Nice work, keep it up! I'm curious, does anyone know if there are any 1.5 ADT masks buried within the Trial Edition?

Leave a comment:

• Ys1
    replied
    Thanks for the comments! I've been working on a comparative analysis for the first three games in the series for a little while and I was hoping some of this would be interesting.

Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
    One thing I have been curious about myself, has anyone ever done an analysis of the zombie models? The different kinds that existed, and how much they've changed? You can see in the later builds, the skinny zombie cops in full blue uniform were altered throughout the builds, with added details and blood stains applied. Would be an interested analysis, at least I think.
    I'll reply with some within the next week if you'd like.

Originally posted by DXP View Post
    One other thing you need to do a comparison of is the factory front from the image leaks since there is no squad car whatsoever in that render/image of Leon standing there.
    There were comparisons in the new screenshots thread but here is a re-visit:

The police car is parked the opposite direction in both the middle image and the Inflames comparison images in the first post. It's probably from a version before Dec 7 and a leftover that had not been updated. While the indoor and that first outdoor view show the car backwards, the other shots on both Dec 7 and Dec 21 do not.

The black background and the lower than usual quality of the renders may mean that the detailing for the area was not completed and having them all match was not a priority yet. Also, the blood stain seen on the wall but blocked by the version with the added cars can be seen in the close up view.

Perhaps the warehouse behind the fence represents an earlier version of that area and it had not yet been updated in the background to relect the changes?

These two rooms are probably from the same era (November 1996) but unfortunately there is no direct comparison from the Curator videos if that's true.

Another view:

Here's a view from directly behind the gate:

There aren't many alternate views of the roofing, but here might be some from nearby:

Another change from December 7 - December 21 is that a missing window on the front of the lobby has been replaced. Maybe it had to be broken, or the entrance was moved to the front or side doors?

The backgrounds for the factory were updated on December 20 1996, this could be one of the changes but I don't know if the boxes in the Inflames screenshot were in-game objects or part of the background. An earlier version is even less detailed:

A known difference dated with the last of the backgrounds:

Here's another small difference from within the background data itself:

Sure, the room has been burned but there are a few other differences such as the vents going missing on the walls and changes to the piping on the left of the first shot.

Another one from the new 1.5 screenshots:

As with many other rooms, not every angle is updated when a room is updated, it's possible that the change was to add any of these shots:

Edit: I should add that since some of the newly released screenshots are from a version of the game that is being modified (I believe) it's impossible to tell what was originally part of the game data and what has been swapped or imported at this point but I've included it there for comparison's sake.
    Last edited by Ys1; 08-17-2012, 09:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Some time ago, I used to think these pictures were another part of the game, after the laboratory. With Raccoon City quarantined.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-17-2012, 01:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Ys1 View Post
    These ones?

Yeah they're the ones. I always thought they were related to RE3 but now the resemblance is obvious, especially considering their dates. That last picture in particular always reminded me of the area where you use the lighter to burn the rope in the first section of RE3, I guess not. It's interesting to see such early prototype backgrounds, they've hardly modelled anything it's surprisingly basic, god knows how they get from that to final I couldn't imagine the talent and effort that goes into it.

Leave a comment:

• News Bot
    replied
    Originally posted by Vixtro View Post
    There was going to a compendium on this site of information on 1.5, Dot50cal and Alzaire were working on it, but I think the plan has been scrapped?...

One can always go digging through the Bioflames forum, can be tedious if you're looking for specifics though.
    We're working on a similar thing for Project Umbrella.

Leave a comment:

• Vixtro
    replied
    Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
    I'm sure together we have more images, videos, and information than Capcom ever dreamed a bunch of fans could dig up. I think it would be really cool to make a timeline of progress the community has made (if one doesn't already exist), with some milestones being Inflames' contact, the various PS Museum/Goromacida/Curator installments, c2keo's nearly flawless backgrounds, Martin's mods, and now this latest reconstruction project / documentary (stemming from Facebook and/or YouTube I hear? TV GamerSpace? I'm kind of out of the loop these days).
    There was going to a compendium on this site of information on 1.5, Dot50cal and Alzaire were working on it, but I think the plan has been scrapped?...

One can always go digging through the Bioflames forum, can be tedious if you're looking for specifics though.

Leave a comment:

• Enigmatism415
    replied
    Originally posted by Deus Flux View Post
    Nice info, thanks for posting it! I'm actually hoping that if 1.5 does surface, that we get the September/October build. Honestly, it just looks way better and more appealing. It looks awesome. The camera angles in the November shots just don't seem to match the mood as well at all.
    While I hope to get the latest build possible, I wouldn't mind any build. I agree about the camera angles, but for me it's not a worthy tradeoff for a less complete game.

When I think about the sheer amount of information we as a 1.5 community collectively possess, I feel a slight sense of satisfaction already. Think about how much more we know now than back in the early millennium when Inflames first got those exclusive snapshots. I'm sure together we have more images, videos, and information than Capcom ever dreamed a bunch of fans could dig up. I think it would be really cool to make a timeline of progress the community has made (if one doesn't already exist), with some milestones being Inflames' contact, the various PS Museum/Goromacida/Curator installments, c2keo's nearly flawless backgrounds, Martin's mods, and now this latest reconstruction project / documentary (stemming from Facebook and/or YouTube I hear? TV GamerSpace? I'm kind of out of the loop these days).

Leave a comment:

• doriantoki
    replied
    This is gonna sound weird and maybe out there, but I do some amateur photography. Whenever you shoot anything from "above" (a person or place), it instantly removes the viewer from that situation. You become an observer, and are safe, so to speak, to scrutinize or survey. The reason the Oct. camera angles may look better or more appealing, is because they're closer to where eye level would be for a person standing in that room. Generally, as a viewer, you would feel more connected, and maybe it's just me, but there's a tone of fear, since the zombies are on the same walking "plane" as well. Hope that made sense, if anyone is even curious lol.

On topic: great analysis, thank you! One thing I have been curious about myself, has anyone ever done an analysis of the zombie models? The different kinds that existed, and how much they've changed? You can see in the later builds, the skinny zombie cops in full blue uniform were altered throughout the builds, with added details and blood stains applied. Would be an interested analysis, at least I think.
    Last edited by doriantoki; 08-17-2012, 09:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Deus Flux
    replied
    Nice info, thanks for posting it! I'm actually hoping that if 1.5 does surface, that we get the September/October build. Honestly, it just looks way better and more appealing. It looks awesome. The camera angles in the November shots just don't seem to match the mood as well at all.
    Last edited by Deus Flux; 08-17-2012, 07:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• News Bot
    replied
    Nice work! All these tiny little differences... Can't say they didn't put the effort into the backgrounds I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• Alzaire
    replied
    Very good. This is the kind of stuff I planned for the in-depth feature I had planned to do years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Carnivol
    replied
    That's a pretty nice comparison.

Leave a comment:

• Enigmatism415
    replied
    Originally posted by Ys1 View Post
    It is of course entirely possible that the backgrounds were simply never implemented:

I vaguely remember Alzaire telling me a long time ago that the images you labeled "Dec 21" above actually predate the Inflames build. However, something tells me that they may be newer, and as you hypothesize, never implemented. It makes more sense to add details in later stages, and the Dec 21 images in this case are clearly more detailed than the Inflames version.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X