Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do if Capcom axed the current RE6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vixtro View Post
    This is not about the obvious, this is a hypothetical question (no matter how unrealistic).

I and everyone else should understand that the series definitely needed to move on, advance into a new era if you will. Doing what RE4 did by turning a once graceful survival horror series into a lowest common denominator action romp was a bad move for allot of us veterans of the series though. Capcom were simply just too afraid to continue with the survival horror staple, RE4 was make-or-break time and they needed it to be successful so they took the safe route. RE3.5 in my eyes was the way to evolve the series, it retained that survival horror theme with a greatly needed new style of control and full real-time rendered environments.

For people who say survival horror doesn't work these days, take a look at DayZ. A game that is not even a game of it's own, but just a mod in alpha, yet it has put sales of Arma II (the full game required to play it) sky high. DayZ is what I like to imagine a Resident Evil game today could have been like if they kept the survival horror theme intact.
    DayZ is nothing like a BIO game.

The old version of BH4 was scrapped because it cost too much, the developers were running out of ideas and it detracted very far from what the series was all about. It would have likely been a disaster, but people like to get all hung-up on short gameplay videos and begin to rant about how much it would have been better than what we got in the end. If that actually had even the slightest tinge of truth to it, we would have gotten it. Believe it or not, some developers actually do care about the quality of their products. BH1.5 was scrapped because it was inferior. "Hallucination BH4" was scrapped because it was inferior. The developers themselves attest to all this but people don't like it or believe them when they do.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post

The old version of BH4 was scrapped because it cost too much, the developers were running out of ideas and it detracted very far from what the series was all about. It would have likely been a disaster, but people like to get all hung-up on short gameplay videos and begin to rant about how much it would have been better than what we got in the end. If that actually had even the slightest tinge of truth to it, we would have gotten it. Believe it or not, some developers actually do care about the quality of their products. BH1.5 was scrapped because it was inferior. "Hallucination BH4" was scrapped because it was inferior. The developers themselves attest to all this but people don't like it or believe them when they do.
      Everything Newsie says is true. If we HAD gotten the hookman/hallucination BH build instead of BH4, there would have been an even BIGGER butthurt among the fans. Then Capcom would have more than likely given the series up and then we'd have nothing. Also, DayZ is most certainly NOT similar to a BH game at all. I've only seen it in action once (I have ArmaII, but sadly, I have poor internet), and it is pretty much unlike any Survival Horror game on the market.

Now let us get back on topic.

aris13

It's too late now. RE 6 has gone gold.
      As you can probably tell by the question and people's responses, this is a hypothetical question. It doesn't matter what is ACTUALLY happening, all that matters is what you would do if such a situation took place.
      sigpic

Comment

Yep, DayZ is nothing like Resident Evil, but Resident Evil today should be more like DayZ is what I am saying. Not online multiplayer wise, but mostly open world with a good narrative, like in a metropolitan environment. You'd have to go from A to B to progress, but it would be about how you would go about that, maybe there are multiple different ways to further the story with different outcomes, all the while trying to simply survive with limited ammo and supplies.

I don't really want to go into too much detail, hopefully though I am getting the gist across of what I meant by 'more like DayZ'.

That's all debatable, no one can say that 1.5 and 3.5 are inferior products unless they actually had the chance to play them thoroughly, and even then, it's unfair to judge an unfinished product. I'm never just going to 100% agree with a games developer that a product I think looks good is automatically crap just because they say so. I can't really say much about 3.5, there's very little information to go on, but if the whole game was anything like the information we do know, then I think it would have been a hell of a lot better than the RE4 we got, at least atmospheric enough anyway, and that's something that's important to me in a Resident Evil game. 1.5 is just..... Well look at all we know, how can you sit there and say it's a bad Resident Evil game, because it's the same engine as the others from that era, we know it plays well just by looking at it! If it was better than final RE2 though in terms of the overall gameplay and plot, no idea, again, can't say that, not saying it's better than RE2, just saying it looks like a fine Resi Evil game.

I'd just like to say before I severely de-rail this thread any further, the excuses Capcom gave us for scrapping 1.5 were bullshit at best. At the end of the day though, I'm kind of glad 1.5 got scrapped, because although we would have never guessed it back then, us Resi Evil veterans who can't love the new action romps, we still have something to genuinely look forward to playing.

Comment

Just a fair warning to all those who wish to participate here.

The next time anyone brings up 1.5, 3.5, etc, in a manner that really has nothing to do with the subject of this thread, I will be reporting them. I'm tired of this bullshit invading every thread that is made, when it has no bearing on the subject of conversation in the thread. Take that crap elsewhere, thank you.
          sigpic

Comment

I'd just like to say before I severely de-rail this thread any further, the excuses Capcom gave us for scrapping 1.5 were bullshit at best.
            They really were not.
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

They Couldn't pay for Ashley's Scenario i Assume , you know ? The Dog ?
              No one can deny that RE 3.5 Was going to be better than Final RE4 Though ...
              Last edited by Mrox2; 08-22-2012, 01:51 PM.
              Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
              ^ Lol ...

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
                You remind me of those babies on Youtube who have no idea what they are talking about and go mental as soon as someone disagrees with them. We understand that you like this game even though you havent even played it yet and you will go out of your way to defend it all day long. Please stop it though its getting annoying and the more you stick up for it the less I want to like it.
                I am with a video game studio and believe me every week we have meetings and discussions about the market, what can sell in todays market, that is why I (rudely I will admit) said that a true survival horror game will not get the money Capcom wants out of Resident Evil.

But actually yes you are right I do go overboard and will hold myself back, I agree coming down a forum thread and see someone constantly defending would get tired after a while
                Last edited by shanemurphy; 08-22-2012, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidBlues View Post
                  Just a fair warning to all those who wish to participate here.

The next time anyone brings up 1.5, 3.5, etc, in a manner that really has nothing to do with the subject of this thread, I will be reporting them. I'm tired of this bullshit invading every thread that is made, when it has no bearing on the subject of conversation in the thread. Take that crap elsewhere, thank you.
                  I don't know you, I don't know your stance within the Resi Evil fandom, but for allot of us here, asking us not bring up 1.5 or 3.5 at any time is like asking us not to breathe, not to eat, not to drink, not to sleep.... You get it, and I wasn't even the one who brought it up in the first place, yet I stand by that which I just said.

They really were not.
                  I can argue against that, but I'll save that for another time and simply say; difference of opinion.

Comment

Children, please try and stay something remotely approaching on topic. The topic starter asked you, and now I'm telling you.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
                      You remind me of those babies on Youtube who have no idea what they are talking about and go mental as soon as someone disagrees with them. We understand that you like this game even though you havent even played it yet and you will go out of your way to defend it all day long. Please stop it though its getting annoying and the more you stick up for it the less I want to like it.
                      i agree with you. i almost reported this post because this dude lost the line because i said i WANT pre rendered scenarios.

anyway, this thread become so 3.5ish ehehe, RE5 and 6 are the legacy of RE4. if we had 3.5, and it being exclusive for gamecube, who knows how the RE's popularity would be.

Comment

I never mentioned any names and yes I do have a good grasp of what I say and if CrimsonElder does not like my posts then please ignore them, it's not like I cared for some disrupting behavior of his.

As for the current RE6 being scrapped if it was even financially worth it for Capcom to do it then I guess we could expect elements from the version we know of taken into the next.
                        Last edited by shanemurphy; 08-22-2012, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shanemurphy View Post
                          I never mentioned any names and yes I do have a good grasp of what I say and if CrimsonElder does not like my posts then please ignore them, it's not like I cared for some disrupting behavior of his.

As for the current RE6 being scrapped if it was even financially worth it for Capcom to do it then I guess we could expect elements from the version we know of taken into the next.
                          BTW, in all your posts, you never actually answered the original question, which was: "What would you do if Capcom axed the current RE6?"

Comment

I would be surprised obviously and that wonder of why, why was this version scrapped and what do they plan on doing with the game.

But we are so use to seeing scrapped versions at this stage I think we might becoming immune to it!
                            Last edited by shanemurphy; 08-22-2012, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shanemurphy View Post

You agreed with me earlier so you know exactly why I dont like your posts.

Comment

It is very unlikely that Capcom would axe RE6 the way it is now. Things are going perfectly good for them, very successful marketing and the game is pretty much guaranteed to sell like hotcakes. It already has plenty of action and explosions to be appealing to most of mainstream players so if they'd want to change it, they could simply add more action to the already existing RE6.

Anyways the topic is about "What would you do?" so I wouldn't do anything. Simply accepted it and waited for a re-worked version.

There's been more then enough of publicity and media coverage of RE6 already, enough to fully experience the game heh. But that is an issue with a lot of big budget blockbusters nowadays - they show you too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X